Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I would like to know how people are valuing our players....lauko should have gotten more....did you talk to other gms around the league, or is this your expert opinion

My dad used to save a lot of stuff... it'll be worth money some day ...well it's only worth what someone will give you for it not what you think it's worth

Reactions: KOZ37 and NDiesel

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Hear me out, crazy theory here - teams value different players and skillsets differently.

Like do you think Sweeney shopped Lauko for 1 second and took the first deal?

Just interesting to see Sweeney getting much less for players pretty consistently right now.

Reactions: capecodder

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
This^^^ I really do not want Coyle centering in the top six again. I have nothing against Coyle, he is a very good player for his skill set; he simply isn't a creative offensive play making center.

He is a possession and puck protecting minute eating center. Fair or unfair, he is the center where winger production goes to die.

My hope is Sweeney acquires two centers by any means available ... FA and/or trade allowing Coyle and Zacha to slot in where they are most effective.

I do think Poitras should start the year in Providence, if not spend the entire year there. If for no other reason than to allow his body to develop more.

Its why I want Stephenson and Lindholm. It will move Coyle to 3C and Zacha to LW.
I also like the idea of Vrana if you can get him at $1M.

Reactions: FONZIE

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
FWIW, knowing the upcoming season's production will obviously have a big impact, but, AFP Analytics also projects contract extensions...

They have Frederic at 3yrs ~$3.5/4M next offseason.

Yeah not sure how well their model can take into account size fetish and I’m just wondering how years of flat cap and tepid free agency lunacy and messed with their inputs.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Yeah not sure how well their model can take into account size fetish and I’m just wondering how years of flat cap and tepid free agency lunacy and messed with their inputs.
Their numbers for next year are based on a 92M cap ceiling. They factor cap % into their projections.

But, yeah - who knows? We shall see.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
What would it cost to get draisaitl if it was zacha+ and then they sign teraveinen

Teravainen-draisaitl-pastrnak
Marchand-Coyle-lysell
Frederic-poitras-geekie
Beecher-kastelic-brazeau

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad