Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Spring is a significant drop from DeBrusk. Would go after Duclair or Domi.
Is he? Last 2 seasons for both:

Jake: 144 GP 46 G 90P ATOI 16:48
Sprong: 142 GP 39 G 89P ATOI 11:47

Both the same age. Debrusk edges him defensively for sure, be he does over Domi/Duclair too. Sprong played less and with lesser linemates.

I'm mostly after Sprong to replace Jake's footspeed anyway.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Ya we should have got more for both. Capitals got a 2nd for beck melanstyn who has 105 games 8 goals 16 assists going into his age 26 season. Yet we move up 12 spots in the 4th round and get AHL depth for Lauko.

By no means the end of the world but just weird how everyone else seems to be getting much more value for their players than us
To be fair everyone on the main board in agreement that Sabres way overpaid for that guy, I don't think that is near normal value for a 4th liner

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
To be fair everyone on the main board in agreement that Sabres way overpaid for that guy, I don't think that is near normal value for a 4th liner

It’s definitely an overpay, just wondering when the bruins are going to be on the receiving end of an overpay. Hall, Ullmark and now Lauko all fairly significant underpays.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Yea I think Carlo does alot of the dirty work that goes unnoticed.I agree here with u.
So he’s worth 6 million? Averages 3 goals a year and less than 15 points a season. He is a great penalty killer and very good defensively but he is not a great outlet passer. He skates the puck up the ice well but once he hits the red line he dumps it in. Don’t get me wrong I like him but he’s our only option to trade on the D. Lindholm have a no movement the next 3 years. Like I said I would want a big return for him.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Why in the world would they want to do that?

I'd feel pretty comfortable with those 3 centers and Darren Pang in goal.
Wow you like to go 100% literal don't you? In the future I'll up my emoji use to avoid any misunderstanding. Until then let me clarify for you:

1) No shit that Sway and his agent don't want to "screw us". Point is Swayman now has most/all of leverage with Boston. Arbitration last year probably (don't know) removed any desire to do a so called "team friendly" deal.

2) No shit those three centers would make anyone comfortable with YOU in goal. It was hyperbole. I don't think Korpisalo is worth $3M for one year, let alone four - and that $3M annual hit will likely come back to bite us at some point. Perhaps as early as this off season.

Better?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
It’s definitely an overpay, just wondering when the bruins are going to be on the receiving end of an overpay. Hall, Ullmark and now Lauko all fairly significant underpays.
I still don't see how Lauko holds as much value as you seem to think, but I digress...

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I still don't see how Lauko holds as much value as you seem to think, but I digress...

Because we moved up 12 spots in the 4th round. The hit rate on NHL players in the 4th round is insanely low. I think like 90%+ dont end up playing 100 games in the NHL.

We didn’t even get a full draft pick for him just move up 12 slots for a guy that actually is an nhl player who will play over 100 games

Reactions: Tbaybruin

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Is he? Last 2 seasons for both:

Jake: 144 GP 46 G 90P ATOI 16:48
Sprong: 142 GP 39 G 89P ATOI 11:47

Both the same age. Debrusk edges him defensively for sure, be he does over Domi/Duclair too. Sprong played less and with lesser linemates.

I'm mostly after Sprong to replace Jake's footspeed anyway.
I think you're underestimating just how bad Sprong is defensively, he is not a guy that should be anywhere near a competitive team's top 6. He's an efficient 5v5 scorer against bad competition, that's his role. Anything more then that is too much for him.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
This team handed DeBrusk and Bjork top 6 roles as rookies and said "show us what you got" when they thought they were ready. I don't know why people don't have them doing that with Poitras/Lysell on their bingo card of possibilities.
They did do this but I think the philosophy has changed. Maybe because the results weren’t great. I mean Bjork may have been a player had he taken a traditional development path through the AHL. He had the talent.

DeBrusk had a great rookie year but, even there they must believe they should have gotten more out of him and I wonder if they question the decision to send him straight to the NHL.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Because we moved up 12 spots in the 4th round. The hit rate on NHL players in the 4th round is insanely low. I think like 90%+ dont end up playing 100 games in the NHL.

We didn’t even get a full draft pick for him just move up 12 slots for a guy that actually is an nhl player who will play over 100 games

Basically his value was about a low fifth round pick. Makes sense. As that is probably what it would have cost to move up

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I think you're underestimating just how bad Sprong is defensively, he is not a guy that should be anywhere near a competitive team's top 6. He's an efficient 5v5 scorer against bad competition, that's his role. Anything more then that is too much for him.
I'm not even saying put him top 6, but I'm sure he'd be fine with two guys like Marchy and Coyle

Ya but his value was maybe a 5th at best, probably closer to a 6. So we basically give up a 4th and 5th/6th to move up and grab some depth in Providence. Seems like the going rate to move up to me.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I don’t know how we make even one offer until Sway is signed. I’m praying Sway and his agent don’t want to screw us.

Maybe they have an agreement in place (but why not just announce if they did?). If not, tread very very carefully Donny.

Swayman to arbitration again is a bad idea. Horrible actually.

We could have Wayne Gretzky as our number one center, followed by Patrice Bergeron at 2C, and Sid Crosby at 3C (see what I did there?????) and I’d still get queasy if Korpisalo was our keeper.

People with most leverage in Boston right now? Jeremy Swayman and Goalie Bob Essesna.
I agree about Sway. Maybe he should have been signed BEFORE they got rid of Linus.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I'm not even saying put him top 6, but I'm sure he'd be fine with two guys like Marchy and Coyle

Ya but his value was maybe a 5th at best, probably closer to a 6. So we basically give up a 4th and 5th/6th to move up and grab some depth in Providence. Seems like the going rate to move up to me.

Why would his value be a 5th at best? A 4th round pick has a 10.9% chance at playing 100+ games. Lauko will almost certainly do that. And we didn’t even get a 4th

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Why would his value be a 5th at best? A 4th round pick has a 10.9% chance at playing 100+ games. Lauko will almost certainly do that. And we didn’t even get a 4th
The org was just probably ready to move on from Lauko with guys like Duran and Kuntar ready to push for 4th line spots and with Beecher, Brazeau, and Boqvist all outplaying him last season IMO. It's not a trade worth getting annoyed about tbh, he's a fringe 4th liner. He was never gonna have much value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad