Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Sign both trade Carlo :)

And before anyone laughs and says we need Carlo he this or that I ask, what have we accomplished with him being this or that since he's been on the team. Zilch.

Let him be a nice guy in Utah?

Wait until he's the starting goalie during Sways holdout , hehehehe

I think we are overreacting on his contract. He will be movable if need be, every player is at some point

What have we accomplished with McAvoy?

Could get a lot more for him than Carlo, even though Carlo has been better in the playoffs.

I don't know DB. I'd feel better if it was Gretzky, McDavid, Crosby, Bergeron.

We could be comfortable with Blaine Lacher in goal then.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
What have we accomplished with McAvoy?

Could get a lot more for him than Carlo, even though Carlo has been better in the playoffs.

We could be comfortable with Blaine Lacher in goal then.
Sure lol lets say Carlo is McAvoy are equal, good grief.

Carlo had a decent playoff last season sure, nice finally but that's not the point of adding two physical beast to replace him.

Not saying Swayman will get $8, though I wouldn’t be surprised. However, I would be beyond pleasantly surprised if Boston gets him at $6x4 as Dan suggested.
My god wouldn't that be amazing, highly doubtful though

Reactions: Gordoff

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Sure lol lets say Carlo is McAvoy are equal, good grief.

Carlo had a decent playoff last season sure, nice finally but that's not the point of adding two physical beast to replace him.

My god wouldn't that be amazing, highly doubtful though

Carlo has had only one playoff where he was a minus player. McAvoy 4 out of 8 times.

McAvoy -5 in the playoffs, Carlo +11.

In 91 games, McAvoy has 6 playoff goals. Carlo has 5 goals in 72 games.

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
Carlo has had only one playoff where he was a minus player. McAvoy 4 out of 8 times.

McAvoy -5 in the playoffs, Carlo +11.

In 91 games, McAvoy has 6 playoff goals. Carlo has 5 goals in 72 games.
Matchups, role, etc. +/- isn't a very good measure of these two players. That is not to say that McAvoy doesn't have a next level to reach in the playoffs but... c'mon.

I don't think improving the defense means choosing between those two, that's not really a problem that needs to be solved.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Kiefer Sherwood, Nashville, had 10g 17a in 68 games, over 200 hits and one of the fastest skaters in the league according to EDGE stats on NHL.com
Give up some offense but on a line with Poitras ad Frederic I think his numbers would improve and Poitras would have a couple of physical guys on his line, one to open up space with his speed and one very good defensively who should score 20 goals next year.
My hope is to sign a player like this and then be able to trade for a player or assets. Sign Sherwood trade Geekie.

Reactions: capecodder

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Sign both trade Carlo :)

And before anyone laughs and says we need Carlo he this or that I ask, what have we accomplished with him being this or that since he's been on the team. Zilch.

Let him be a nice guy in Utah?

Wait until he's the starting goalie during Sways holdout , hehehehe

I think we are overreacting on his contract. He will be movable if need be, every player is at some point
It’s all about the assets. If we move Carlo for McGroaty and a pick. It’s a way of getting younger and still competitive.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
The thing is Sprong really isn't established as a top six player. He's essentially been an offensive bottom six player the last few years on multiple teams because his defense is so poor it has to be hidden against the weakest competition

Lot of people penciling him into the top six on something like a 4x3 and I would argue its just as risky as taking the gamble on Lysell
I'm not penciling him top 6 though, simply saying he's a good option to replace the speed and some offense that Debrusk brought

Reactions: CellyHard

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
It’s a way of getting worse too.
Well how do we get younger with high end prospects? Marchand isn’t getting younger. You don’t build a team through free agency,you compliment it. If we can trade Carlo for a legit young forward you have to think out it. Problem is you have to give to get.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I would rather spend on 2nd li e guy like Perron who can get you 20g 30a and be a PITA than a Lysell who has skill but appears to have a very selfish, me over the team attitude and has proven nothing.

I saw enough from Poitras last year that I am confident enough to pencil him in as the number 3 center with Frederic and a RW, either Brazeau or Geekie or a 3m UFA.

They cannot claim that the goal is to win the Stanley Cup and have Coyle and Zacha as the top two center again next year and only add DuClair and Foegele to the top 6. That said I have more faith in both of them being more productive than Merkulov and Lysell would be.

Perron is 36, I wouldn't bother with him. I watch a ton of Red Wings and he lacks footspeed big time.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I’d rather give Lysell a shot and if it doesn’t work, then go out at the deadline and acquire someone. As opposed to paying sprong who is probably a bottom 1/3 defensive forward in the league
Not a bad option but now we are talking about giving up an asset at deadline vs a free player in UFA

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Tampa, Colorado (sans Girard, but he was hurt), Florida have all had size and excellent puck moving from the backend on every pairing.

A bottom four featuring Zadorov/Dillon, Carlo, Peeke ain’t that. Now, I’m not saying playing copycat is the way to go in this league.

But when your team has continually lost because they can’t get out of their zone and can’t can’t any offense from the blueline, I do scratch my head about folks wanting to add Zadorov especially.

I guess of the Bruins think he can play with McAvoy and afford him protection you can see it, but not sure what Zadorov has shown to say he can do that for 82.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Why anyone would advocate for trading Carlo still baffles me. At his cap hit he’s very good where he is. Now once he’s up and demands big money, yes it might be time then to look elsewhere
So he’s worth over 5 million? He is so limited offensively and isn’t very physical. I like him but if we can better our team for the future and sign fee players now we should consider it no? My hope would be for a team to over pay for him.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Tampa, Colorado (sans Girard, but he was hurt), Florida have all had size and excellent puck moving from the backend on every pairing.

A bottom four featuring Zadorov/Dillon, Carlo, Peeke ain’t that. Now, I’m not saying playing copycat is the way to go in this league.

But when your team has continually lost because they can’t get out of their zone and can’t can’t any offense from the blueline, I do scratch my head about folks wanting to add Zadorov especially.

I guess of the Bruins think he can play with McAvoy and afford him protection you can see it, but not sure what Zadorov has shown to say he can do that for 82.
I have watched a ton of Zadorov here in Calgary .He brings alot of bite but has one glaring issue.He wanders alot.

So he’s worth over 5 million? He is so limited offensively and isn’t very physical. I like him but if we can better our team for the future and sign fee players now we should consider it no? My hope would be for a team to over pay for him.
Sounds like Lindholm you are talking about 😆

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Always. I’m like a lot of other posters, I think our players are worth more than they are. Like 1 year of Ullmark and Lauko.

Ya we should have got more for both. Capitals got a 2nd for beck melanstyn who has 105 games 8 goals 16 assists going into his age 26 season. Yet we move up 12 spots in the 4th round and get AHL depth for Lauko.

By no means the end of the world but just weird how everyone else seems to be getting much more value for their players than us

Reactions: Tbaybruin

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
He’s absolutely worth over $5M. He’d get a ton more than that if he was on the market tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad