Confirmed with Link: Guentzel's rights traded to Tampa for 25 3rd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
lol, Gold is hammering the Canes today on his show for nickel and diming Guentzel and trying to get a discount on an already team favored discount. Also, thought Noesen was valuable and price wasn't too high (they should have signed him)

He is also very negative on Canes off-season to-date.....but said keep the faith Canes fans as the off-season is not done yet.

Given that he earns part of his income from the Canes his take is surprising.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
maybe so but as the saying goes: "even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and again".

lol at NHL sticking it to the Canes by having them play Tampa on Oct. 11th, opening night.
That sucks for Jake, Friday night, opening night, first game before the yearly month long road trip. He'll get booed every puck touch, and afterward it'll just be tradition.

JustPenalties

Jan 17, 2024
I'm not freaking out over losing Guentzel, but if it's true that he would have signed for a discount, and they tried to play hardball even after that only to meet his terms when it was too late....yeesh.
Its not about losing Guentzel but about losing all those assets for rental. It was a gamble and Canes lost. And yeah, I am biased because I live in "Kärppä-Town" and watched Koivunen play really good playoffs in Finnish league, would have been nice to see him play for Canes. Also I did kind of like Bunting.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Sacrificing pick and prospects for short-term solutions is what good teams do. Carolina does it with quality futures less than others. Should be zero issue internally or externally.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Sacrificing pick and prospects for short-term solutions is what good teams do. Carolina does it with quality futures less than others. Should be zero issue internally or externally.

It depends. If the Canes can get a good rental to stick around, it's worthwhile. If this Jake situation becomes a pattern, then one would have to question the value of going for rentals.

There appears to have been a good reason we always aim for players with term.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Based on his pressers, he liked Aho and maybe not a lot else about his tenure with the Canes? It could have been the negotiation fatigue speaking.

I hope he enjoys the hot seat because, fair or not, many TBL fans are heated about Stamkos and are going to be holding his feet to the fire.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
I hope he enjoys the hot seat because, fair or not, many TBL fans are heated about Stamkos and are going to be holding his feet to the fire.
giphy.webp

61da0c37-5d37-40ff-b32d-d404b76cf131_text.gif

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Based on his pressers, he liked Aho and maybe not a lot else about his tenure with the Canes? It could have been the negotiation fatigue speaking.

What did he say that suggested he didn’t like anything else?

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

If it's true that he didn't like much else about his tenure here, then the narrative that Dundon's lowballing and not agreeing to his terms right away caused him to leave Carolina loses a lot of steam.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State

It's on the app if you have it. Standard fare compliments re: Canes players and coaching staff. Mentions Aho and RBA positively in certain snippets. More "just didn't work out" re: signing with the Canes when asked directly about it. Sounds like we were his rebound after a breakup before finding who you finally settle down with again.

Mentions his delight when his rights were traded to Tampa. Suggests playing for a winner or successful team with talent was important based on his comments.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919

It's on the app if you have it. Standard fare compliments re: Canes players and coaching staff. Mentions Aho and RBA positively in certain snippets. More "just didn't work out" re: signing with the Canes when asked directly about it. Sounds like we were his rebound after a breakup before finding who you finally settle down with again.

Mentions his delight when his rights were traded to Tampa. Suggests playing for a winner or successful team with talent was important based on his comments.

We need to beat the Bolts every single time we play them for the next 7 seasons.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

That suggestion Kinda ruins a popular narrative.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Welp, so he chose to be a villain

Cool, we've been needing one round here. Haula was ok but this one is gonna have a bit of a Primeau bite to it

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
We paid a rental price for him and got a rental out of him. Sure he had good chemistry with Aho, but the last half of the contract will be an albatross. I have no issues with how things went.
Yea, and I mean I like Pono but he and Drury in the system are a bit redundant, and I don't see either really going above a 3C role. Koivunen is the only piece in that trade that really hurt at all, and he's still not a NHLer guaranteed or anything

Reactions: Bridgeburner96

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad