Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I think someone posted here that Zadarov was expected to get in the fives.

I think Frederic can bring back a 1….doesn't need to be Chicago.

It was more about moving out his salary this year and beyond and Chicago has two firsts next year, so I picked them.

The odds of Chicago getting in the top 5 are high though so it’s unlikely

Frederic is worth a 10-20th 1st tho imo

Reactions: Gordoff

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Zadorov was called the best defensemen (for either team) in the Vancouver/Edmonton series. He prevented goals and he scored goals. 4 goals and 8 points in 13 games.

Plus, I think you're downplaying the physical part. Don't you think Bennett helped the Panthers by knocking Marchand out of the series for a couple games? The Bruins had several disappointing playoffs where our key guys got hurt. That stuff can change a series.
I'm not signing a guy who's been a bottom pairing defenseman for most of his career based on one playoff series.

And I'm not against adding physical players. I'm against adding bad players just because they're physical. And for the vast majority of his career, Nikita Zadorov has been a middle-to-bottom pairing defenseman who does a fair job of limiting scoring chances while sucking the life out of any offense your team might hope to generate, and taking WAY too many minor penalties.

And he's probably going to get at least $20 million on the open market. No way. Let someone else make that mistake.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I have no interest to be honest in trading for anyone. I want them to get free players and save their assets.

100% this.
Best case scenario for me come February

Zacha- Lindy - Pasta
Marchy -Coyle - Lysell

Freddy- Poitras- Geekie
Beecher - Boqvist- Braz
Kastelic
Merk

1. Would love to flip out poiteas & Coyle but your third line is big and potentially dominant - but you have 3 sub 6 foot guys on second line and two are very young & inexperienced

2.Coyle on L3 give the Bruins size and options on bottom 6 …..that’s high end

3. Coyle & Marchand can bring Lysell along

4. Only issue is L2 RW which is DeBrusk spot - Lysell should be very close to competing for it

5. Heinen WC - my feeling is they got Lindholm & Dillon - will pay Swayman 6-7.5 depending on length and MONTY wants Heinen, Sweeney wants Heinen, and Heinen wants to stay

Dakota Joshua got 4/13 and in my world he’s a bottom 6 player

If Heinen gets that somewhere he should go - is it’s 3/8.25 here and no Joshua type deal great signing

Reactions: Bodit9 and Gordoff

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Don’t add any bottom guys until you extend sway and get a top forward

Zadorov makes me nervous at his price tag. He’s rarely been more than an 18 minute guy, and doesn’t have a ton of blocked shots, a stat I really like in a defenseman. Dillon might cost a few million less and bring some of the same attributes. And Edmundson a lot less but not quite the same type of player.
Why bring in Brenden Dillon?

He makes too much sense.

I so dislike Don Sweeney.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
The odds of Chicago getting in the top 5 are high though so it’s unlikely

Frederic is worth a 10-20th 1st tho imo
Frederic wouldn't net a fourth round pick.

For some reason, he is overrated in this space.

He made strides last year, but I really don't think he's all that great. Tweener until he proves otherwise. And I don't see that.

• Haha
Reactions: lopey and CDJ

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Frederic wouldn't net a fourth round pick.

For some reason, he is overrated in this space.

He made strides last year, but I really don't think he's all that great. Tweener until he proves otherwise. And I don't see that.
Do you mean added to the lock 1st rounder and player? Did you miss what that stiff Jeannot got?

I think you are a great fan, and differing opinions are what makes the world go round but you lose a lot of credibility when you post something like that because you don't like the player.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
ok so if the plan for UFA is Lindholm + Zadorov that almost certainly means we need to cheap out on the last top 6 spot I think. If you go on the more conservative end of things and say Sway gets 7.5mil, Lindholm gets 7.5mil, and Zadorov gets 5.5mil (I think they all might get more) that would leave us with 1.8mil in space left with the following:

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-?????
Frederic-Poitras-Geekie
Beecher-Kastelic-Brazeau

Lindholm-McAvoy
Zadorov-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke

Swayman/Korpisalo

Brown/Lettieri/Wotherspoon

Part of this team's downfall last season was an inability to score, so I really don't understand prioritizing defense when it means leaving a top 6 spot wide open like that. It only really makes sense to me if there's a kid on an ELC ready to step into that spot, so maybe the organization feels Lysell is farther along then others do and is willing to bet on him winning a roster spot in camp?

The fantasy land version is that they manage to actually get McGroarty and plug him in. Unless he's still planning on going back to Michigan for another year even if he gets moved to a team that's willing to play him, in which case we're back to needing Lysell to make the team.

Last edited:

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Well it's a risk to rely on Lysell making the jump vs signing an established guy like Sprong. Wouldn't be opposed if he's ready, just not sure he is.
The thing is Sprong really isn't established as a top six player. He's essentially been an offensive bottom six player the last few years on multiple teams because his defense is so poor it has to be hidden against the weakest competition

Lot of people penciling him into the top six on something like a 4x3 and I would argue its just as risky as taking the gamble on Lysell

Reactions: CDJ

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Well it's a risk to rely on Lysell making the jump vs signing an established guy like Sprong. Wouldn't be opposed if he's ready, just not sure he is.

I’d rather give Lysell a shot and if it doesn’t work, then go out at the deadline and acquire someone. As opposed to paying sprong who is probably a bottom 1/3 defensive forward in the league

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Zacha-UFA-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-UFA
Frederic-Beecher-Geekie
Kastelic-Brown-Lettieri-Brazeau

Lohrei-Mac
Lindholm-Carlo
UFA-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Korpisalo

I think this is what we should be focusing on Monday, don’t waste any money on 3rd or 4th liners, we have 7 of those guys already, and we have a half dozen players pushing them, including Lysell & Poitras. Cap Friendly shows us at 21.6 cap space with these guys, plus Bussi’s 775K once Swayman is signed.

Good post. I'm also good with Boqvist staying in the org. And Poitras maybe pushing Beecher to the 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad