Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Lindholm 7.25
Zadarov 5.25
Skinner 5
Swayman 7.25

Frederic to Chicago for their 2025 #1 (they also own Toronto’s 1)

Skinner Lindholm Pasta
Marchand Zacha Poitras
Geekie Coyle Brazeau/Lysell
Boqvist Kastelic Beecher/Brazeau

Lindholm McAvou
Zadorov Carlo
Lohrei Peake

Swayman
Korpse

It fits, barely.

Reactions: Gordoff and KOZ37

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
My top 3 targets in free agency are...

Lindholm - I think they need a matchup center and think he produces next to Pasta/Marchand. I think his style fits. I think the role fits from ES to PP bumper to PK to FO's. I'm hopeful they will be able to get him.

Bertuzzi - I think the Bruins need 'inside presence' in their top6. He fit like a glove with Pasta and I think Zacha can improve his two-way game to make that line more dependable. He also is a good fit to replace JDB as the LH net front presence on the PP.

Zadorov - Outside of Bertuzzi, I don't think there's an impactful winger we can sign for around $5.5, but there is a defenseman who was an impact player in the playoffs that we could sign for that number.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Bruins can afford to sign all three and I think Bert going to Toronto soured some people (in the org) on him. So, when the dust settles I think it's Lindholm and Zadorov. :crossfing I think the B's look to one of the kids (Lysell or Merkulov) and maybe sign a cheap vet to compete for the 2RW spot. I guess the upside here is that there will be more money available to spend in next summer's free agent market.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I'd take Sherwood over Heinen, faster, more physical. Heinen better penalty killer.

We'll see about Lysell. Would be great if he could come in and add 20 goals and not be a distraction
I’m sorry Fenian. I usually like the same guys you do. But this time I don’t know who you’re talking about. Who is Sherwood?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Lindholm - I think they need a matchup center and think he produces next to Pasta/Marchand. I think his style fits. I think the role fits from ES to PP bumper to PK to FO's. I'm hopeful they will be able to get him.

Bertuzzi - I think the Bruins need 'inside presence' in their top6. He fit like a glove with Pasta and I think Zacha can improve his two-way game to make that line more dependable. He also is a good fit to replace JDB as the LH net front presence on the PP.

Zadorov - Outside of Bertuzzi, I don't think there's an impactful winger we can sign for around $5.5, but there is a defenseman who was an impact player in the playoffs that we could sign for that number.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Bruins can afford to sign all three and I think Bert going to Toronto soured some people (in the org) on him. So, when the dust settles I think it's Lindholm and Zadorov. :crossfing I think the B's look to one of the kids (Lysell or Merkulov) and maybe sign a cheap vet to compete for the 2RW spot. I guess the upside here is that there will be more money available to spend in next summer's free agent market.

More money at the deadline too.

Reactions: PlayMakers

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005

Toffoli.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Decided to listen to 32 Thoughts to see how Friedman phrased the Zadorov thing, he was talking about the leafs and their interest in him and then specifically singled us out as their competition for him. I imagine that means they're pretty serious about going after him.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Decided to listen to 32 Thoughts to see how Friedman phrased the Zadorov thing, he was talking about the leafs and their interest in him and then specifically singled us out as their competition for him. I imagine that means they're pretty serious about going after him.

If you polled the dressing room, my guess is that 117% of the team would rather play with Zadorov for 82 plus playoffs than against him for 4 plus the inevitable playoff series.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I'd take Sherwood over Heinen, faster, more physical. Heinen better penalty killer.

I’m sorry Fenian. I usually like the same guys you do. But this time I don’t know who you’re talking about. Who is Sherwood?

I'm guessing he means Kiefer Sherwood who is a UFA. :dunno:

Frederic to Chicago for their 2025 #1 (they also own Toronto’s 1)
You're not going to get a top 10 pick for Frederic.

Would you guys have traded McAvoy for moser geekie 2nd and a 7th? That's quite a haul.
I can't say " No " strong enough to that proposal. :thumbd:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Why would anyone want Bertuzzi back?

First of all, he's not coming back. They don't want him back, many fans (me) don't want him back, and I'm sure he will get paid in TO or elsewhere.

So go back to where you came from.

Surely, the Bruins can find someone comparable or better to fill that role.

No thanks, bridge-burner.

PS Your reps blow.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Breaking this down a bit...

Ultra high-priced Forwards (~9.5M-12M AAV)
Sam Reinhart
Jake Guentzel

High-priced Forwards (~5M-7M AAV)
Elias Lindholm
Steven Stamkos
Patrick Kane
Jonathan Marchessault
Tyler Toffoli
Jake DeBrusk
Chandler Stephenson
Sean Monahan
Tyler Bertuzzi
Teuvo Teräväinen
Jonathan Drouin
Anthony Mantha
Victor Arvidsson

Mid-priced Forwards (~2M-4.5M AAV)
Anthony Duclair
Vladimir Tarasenko
Daniel Sprong
Warren Foegele
Alex Wennberg
Jason Zucker
Max Domi
Stefan Noesen
Jeff Skinner
Jack Roslovic
Danton Heinen
David Perron
Yakov Trenin
Cam Atkinson

Bargain Forwards (~800k-1.9M AAV)
Brandon Duhaime
Tomas Tatar
Jesper Boqvist
James van Riemsdyk
Tanner Pearson
Pat Maroon
Alexander Barabanov
Anthony Beauvillier
Jakub Vrána
Matt Martin
Marc McLaughlin
Tomas Nosek

High-priced Defensemen (~5.2M-8M AAV)
Brandon Montour
Brady Skjei
Matt Roy
Nikita Zadorov
Shayne Gostisbehere

Mid-priced Defenseman (~2.5M-4.8M AAV)
Sean Walker
Alexandre Carrier
Matt Grzelcyk
Brenden Dillon
Justin Schultz

Bargain Defensemen (~1.1M-1.8M AAV)
Joel Edmundson
Calvin de Haan
Ryan Suter
Tyson Barrie
Jani Hakanpää
Kevin Shattenkirk
Alec Martinez
Marco Scandella
Troy Stecher
Great work Mike. Thank you.

Bestido

Jun 19, 2018
Ok

Lindholm
Zadorov
Heinen resigned
Swayman extension
We dont need Heinen back. I get that he played decent last year and carved out a roll, but we definitely do not want him in our top 6. Our third line is fine with Frederic-Poitras-Geekie. Obviously have to see how Poitras comes back from surgery though

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I agree with that philosophy but I also don't want to get stuck spending tons of money on middle6 wingers with term. The types of guys that sign for $5m or less aren't much better than Heinen. And it makes it hard for young guys to break in when they have to unseat someone making real money.

So, I guess I'm saying I'd be cautious about that 2nd line wing add in free agency. I would rather shop from the bargain bin and take a chance on another Geekie or JVR than spend a lot for a guy who's going to get 45 points.

This team handed DeBrusk and Bjork top 6 roles as rookies and said "show us what you got" when they thought they were ready. I don't know why people don't have them doing that with Poitras/Lysell on their bingo card of possibilities.

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Breaking this down a bit...

Ultra high-priced Forwards (~9.5M-12M AAV)
Sam Reinhart
Jake Guentzel

High-priced Forwards (~5M-7M AAV)
Elias Lindholm
Steven Stamkos
Patrick Kane
Jonathan Marchessault
Tyler Toffoli
Jake DeBrusk
Chandler Stephenson
Sean Monahan
Tyler Bertuzzi
Teuvo Teräväinen
Jonathan Drouin
Anthony Mantha
Victor Arvidsson

Mid-priced Forwards (~2M-4.5M AAV)
Anthony Duclair
Vladimir Tarasenko
Daniel Sprong
Warren Foegele
Alex Wennberg
Jason Zucker
Max Domi
Stefan Noesen
Jeff Skinner
Jack Roslovic
Danton Heinen
David Perron
Yakov Trenin
Cam Atkinson

Bargain Forwards (~800k-1.9M AAV)
Brandon Duhaime
Tomas Tatar
Jesper Boqvist
James van Riemsdyk
Tanner Pearson
Pat Maroon
Alexander Barabanov
Anthony Beauvillier
Jakub Vrána
Matt Martin
Marc McLaughlin
Tomas Nosek

High-priced Defensemen (~5.2M-8M AAV)
Brandon Montour
Brady Skjei
Matt Roy
Nikita Zadorov
Shayne Gostisbehere

Mid-priced Defenseman (~2.5M-4.8M AAV)
Sean Walker
Alexandre Carrier
Matt Grzelcyk
Brenden Dillon
Justin Schultz

Bargain Defensemen (~1.1M-1.8M AAV)
Joel Edmundson
Calvin de Haan
Ryan Suter
Tyson Barrie
Jani Hakanpää
Kevin Shattenkirk
Alec Martinez
Marco Scandella
Troy Stecher

Vrana is the most intriguing guy to me. Might be attainable for under 2, with 25 goal potential.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
We dont need Heinen back. I get that he played decent last year and carved out a roll, but we definitely do not want him in our top 6. Our third line is fine with Frederic-Poitras-Geekie. Obviously have to see how Poitras comes back from surgery though

Per Mick Colageo, Heinen is negotiating to remain with the Bruins. Apparently, other signings from last season (JVR, etc.) may not be asked back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad