Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
He didn’t fit because he was only one of three that actually hit the opponent. This is Monty.
Okay cool Monty hating for no reason, after the first 5 seconds of his shift he either gave up the puck because he has no puck handling skills, shot it 15 ft wide of the net because he has no shot or took a bad penalty because he isn’t that smart. A hungry rookie could replicate or match his contributions and a real bottom 6 NHL’er like Lomberg would make you say Lauko who?

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I like the idea of those three being interchangeable on that 3rd line (maybe Geekie takes the middle that night and Beecher the next, etc) but I'm over spending another penny on the bottom six. Keep what we have and see if someone from Providence can win a spot.

I'm not being negative on either and can see that as an appeal as well, but it seems this year that the money really needs to go into scoring given the talents the Bruins have already in the D group.

Probably the loss of Forbert but for me Peeke and Wotherspoon have earned the bottom pairing.
Wotherspoon and Peeke are a good third pair.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Based on AFPAnalytics' estimated contract projections, here's what some of the notable free agents *may* be looking at...

Term (Years)
AAV $ *
Victor Arvidsson​
3​
5M​
Cam Atkinson​
1​
2M​
Alexander Barabanov​
1​
1.2M​
Tyson Barrie​
1​
1.8M​
Anthony Beauvillier​
1​
960k​
Tyler Bertuzzi​
4​
5.5M​
Jesper Boqvist
2​
1.5M​
Alexandre Carrier​
3​
4.2M​
Calvin de Haan​
2​
1.8M​
Jake DeBrusk
5​
6.1M​
Brenden Dillon​
2​
3M​
Max Domi​
2​
3.7M​
Jonathan Drouin​
4​
5.2M​
Matt Duchene​
3​
5M​
Anthony Duclair​
3​
4.5M​
Brandon Duhaime​
3​
1.9M​
Joel Edmundson​
2​
1.8M​
Warren Foegele​
3​
4M​
Derek Forbort
1​
1.3M​
Shayne Gostisbehere​
3​
5.2M​
Matt Grzelcyk
3​
3.3M​
Jake Guentzel​
7​
9.6M​
Jani Hakanpää​
1​
1.6M​
Danton Heinen
3​
3M​
Patrick Kane​
2​
6.5M​
Elias Lindholm​
5​
7M​
Anthony Mantha​
3​
5M​
Jonathan Marchessault​
3​
6.5M​
Pat Maroon
1​
1.2M​
Matt Martin​
1​
900k​
Alec Martinez​
1​
1.3M​
Marc McLaughlin
1​
850k​
Sean Monahan​
4​
5.5M​
Brandon Montour​
6​
8M​
Stefan Noesen​
3​
3.3M​
Tomas Nosek​
1​
800k​
Tanner Pearson​
1​
1.2M​
David Perron​
2​
3M​
Sam Reinhart​
8​
11.6M​
Jack Roslovic​
3​
3.1M​
Matt Roy​
5​
6M​
Marco Scandella​
1​
1.1M​
Justin Schultz​
2​
2.5M​
Kevin Shattenkirk
1​
1.5M​
Brady Skjei​
5​
7.7M​
Daniel Sprong​
3​
4.2M​
Steven Stamkos​
3​
6.5M​
Troy Stecher​
1​
1.1M​
Chandler Stephenson​
5​
5.8M​
Ryan Suter​
1​
1.8M​
Jeremy Swayman
5​
6.8M​
Vladimir Tarasenko​
2​
4.3M​
Tomas Tatar​
1​
1.7M​
Teuvo Teräväinen​
4​
5.5M​
Tyler Toffoli​
4​
6.3M​
Yakov Trenin​
3​
2.7M​
James van Riemsdyk
1​
1.2M​
Jakub Vrána​
1​
900k​
Sean Walker​
3​
4.8M​
Alexander Wennberg​
4​
3.9M​
Nikita Zadorov​
5​
5.5M​
Jason Zucker​
2​
3.8M​

* AAVs factoring in Boston being a high income taxed state.

Teraveinen 4x5.5? Yes please. Age 30, 31, 32, 33 seasons is perfect

Reactions: sarge88 and Skelen

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Using the AFPAnalytics contract projections, give me:

Swayman - 5yrs $6.8M
Stamkos - 3yrs $6.5M
Monahan - 4yrs $5.5M
Boqvist - 2yrs $1.5M

Alas, that damn Korpisalo contract prevents being able to also sign a serviceable NHL defenseman along with the players above, which I think is a priority for Sweeney.

Barring another trade moving out a decent contract, I think the Bruins can only afford one big $ signing other than Swayman. Seems like it's most likely going to be Elias Lindholm.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I agree with that philosophy but I also don't want to get stuck spending tons of money on middle6 wingers with term. The types of guys that sign for $5m or less aren't much better than Heinen. And it makes it hard for young guys to break in when they have to unseat someone making real money.

So, I guess I'm saying I'd be cautious about that 2nd line wing add in free agency. I would rather shop from the bargain bin and take a chance on another Geekie or JVR than spend a lot for a guy who's going to get 45 points.
I would rather spend on 2nd li e guy like Perron who can get you 20g 30a and be a PITA than a Lysell who has skill but appears to have a very selfish, me over the team attitude and has proven nothing.

I saw enough from Poitras last year that I am confident enough to pencil him in as the number 3 center with Frederic and a RW, either Brazeau or Geekie or a 3m UFA.

They cannot claim that the goal is to win the Stanley Cup and have Coyle and Zacha as the top two center again next year and only add DuClair and Foegele to the top 6. That said I have more faith in both of them being more productive than Merkulov and Lysell would be.

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
Using the AFPAnalytics contract projections, give me:

Swayman - 5yrs $6.8M
Stamkos - 3yrs $6.5M
Monahan - 4yrs $5.5M
Boqvist - 2yrs $1.5M

Alas, that damn Korpisalo contract prevents being able to also sign a serviceable NHL defenseman along with the players above, which I think is a priority for Sweeney.

Barring another trade moving out a decent contract, I think the Bruins can only afford one big $ signing other than Swayman. Seems like it's most likely going to be Elias Lindholm.
Hope not. Lidholm way to expensive for minimal production. He couldn't even put up 50 pts and you wanna pay him north of 7 mil?

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Hope not. Lidholm way to expensive for minimal production. He couldn't even put up 50 pts and you wanna pay him north of 7 mil?
I much prefer Monahan over Lindholm as a 2C at the projected numbers. But, rumors suggest the Bruins are high on Lindholm.

Personally, I'd be focused on bringing in a #1 Center at the trade deadline or at this time next year.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I would bet my left nut Lindholm is a Bruin day 1 of FA, but I like my nut where it is so it’s staying, so hypothetically i am that sure he will sign here. He is the closest to Bergeron and they have been after him for a couple of seasons. I just hope it’s not a crazy high number he signs for. Anything north of 6 I may have a tough time swallowing depending on years.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Okay cool Monty hating for no reason, after the first 5 seconds of his shift he either gave up the puck because he has no puck handling skills, shot it 15 ft wide of the net because he has no shot or took a bad penalty because he isn’t that smart. A hungry rookie could replicate or match his contributions and a real bottom 6 NHL’er like Lomberg would make you say Lauko who?
We’ll see about your rookie.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Wotherspoon and Peeke are a good third pair.
100% why I am not really interested in Dillon as a costly second pairing when it feels like Lohrei with Carlo will develop nicely this year.

Well I am glad we are getting older, less physical and another bottom six center we don't need, this is just stupid.
He'll be in the AHL.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Korpi behind the lowest effort/consistency D in the NHL last year, still won 21 games. This while being in shooting galleries every single night.

Lauko might be checking you into a Holiday Inn Express inside 3 years.

Dealing him how he was dealt, was fine.
I agree.

Korpisalo I would have had no issue with if the Bruins had signed him to compete with Bussi for the backup role. It’s the contract that is abhorrent - not the player. He could be good for us.

Gnashing teeth over Lauko? Yeah not I. They moved up to secure a guy they obviously really liked. Got an AHL scorer they’re familiar with to assist in Providence. And dropped a guy who likely didn’t fit into their plans with Kastelic and Boqvist likely back in the fold.

At worst, that’s neutral. At best? Slightly better than neutral. And I liked Lauko.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Moving Lauko was fine to me, he had his chances and didn't really do a lot with them. Maybe he flourishes in Minny, and I wish him the best. I do think the Bs need a D man as well, Not only is Mitchell your 7th D, but I am not sold on Wotherspoon as a third pair regular just yet. I would love Teravainen on the wing here, and remain an E. Lindholm fan and hope he comes. There are several interesting possibilities for Monday, though- should be a fun day.

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
I would bet my left nut Lindholm is a Bruin day 1 of FA, but I like my nut where it is so it’s staying, so hypothetically i am that sure he will sign here. He is the closest to Bergeron and they have been after him for a couple of seasons. I just hope it’s not a crazy high number he signs for. Anything north of 6 I may have a tough time swallowing depending on years.
He is not half the player bergeron was ....huge mistake if Sweeney signs him but unfortunately for your left nut Sweeney will not pay 7 plus mil for a 30 yr old thats a 40 pt guy

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad