Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Does anyone think Beecher is ready for a third line center spot? Him between Freddy and Geekie seems like a pretty solid fit. Could resign Boqvist and have him, Kastelic, Brazeau, and Lauko for the fourth.

I like the idea of those three being interchangeable on that 3rd line (maybe Geekie takes the middle that night and Beecher the next, etc) but I'm over spending another penny on the bottom six. Keep what we have and see if someone from Providence can win a spot.

I feel like Edmundson is the better option.
I'm not being negative on either and can see that as an appeal as well, but it seems this year that the money really needs to go into scoring given the talents the Bruins have already in the D group.

Probably the loss of Forbert but for me Peeke and Wotherspoon have earned the bottom pairing.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Lots here putting all their eggs in the Lindholm basket. I feel he’s another Coyle. Not a #1. A solid #2C. Nothing in his game jumps out at me. 8m will be an overpay IMO. I’d take that money & make a run at Guentzel. Let Poitras &/ or Merkulov get a shot at center.
Putting Coyle on 3rd line will give this team serious depth lindholm can put 70 points up with pasta with ease I say. Go for it!

Reactions: sarge88

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Putting Coyle on 3rd line will give this team serious depth lindholm can put 70 points up with pasta with ease I say. Go for it!
What are you basing that on? In 11 seasons he’s scored 70 points once. Bergeron was the last center to score 70+ points centering Pastrnak, and that was once (5 years ago). “With ease”?

Don’t spend big on a center just because. Wait on the right guy. I want to see a hockey trade, and not at the trade deadline.

Reactions: Gordoff

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I have Kuntar in that mix too - particularly the Lauko mold
Lauko is an NHL player, but with Brazeau, Beecher, Kastelic, Lysell, Merkulov, Poitras, Geekie, Freddy, Boqvist(maybe) all vying for spots in the bottom 6, someone had to go. Geekie and Freddy are 2/3 of the 3rd line, leaving 7 players for line 4 and extra forward

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not too impressed with Sweeney’s moves of late. I don’t think you need an AHL player who you want had before and gave away for nothing.
This GM has a real problem when it comes to asset management

Lauko couldn’t fetch just a pick?

Not liking Sweeney atm

If Groenewold pans out Lauko is a small price to pay.

Letteri is just a contract spot and veteran depth in Providence.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00