Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
My preferences: Given we get 3 pieces
1. Lindholm or Stammer
2. Necas or McGroarty
3. Dillion or Zadorov
Bonus:
Lauko for Olivier........nay have typed this one 200-300 times since the Bruins were eliminated 😳
Honest question - have you ever watched McGroarty play? If so, why would you put him in the same tier as Necas?

Reactions: weaponomega

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Kadri isn’t a free agent what or who would the Bruins be giving up don’t think the 25th pick is doing it.
Don't know, don't want to guess. Just feel like its going to happen haha. Perfectly fine with it not happening.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
It's kind of crazy because if you asked me what the Bruins three biggest needs going into the offseason it would be

1) a top six center, defensively responsible, good on face-offs, can play the bumper on the PP - Elias Lindholm
2) a top four LH defenseman who can get shots through, play physical, PK - Nikita Zadorov
3) a young top six power forward, net front presence, leadership - Rutger McGroarty

I get Lindholm and Zadorov are probably going to get contracts that aren't the prettiest and McGroarty is probably going to cost #25 + but I don't really care. PAY IT. They fill holes on the roster that we cannot fill within our system. No one in the minors has those skillsets or are remotely close.

I don't like seeing overpayments in FA like the rest of us but beggars cant be choosers. Go get your guys. It's what teams like Tampa and Vegas did to win.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I am against anther contract for heinen but if that is Sweeney’s intentions hope he waits to fill the more pressing needs at the moment.
Possibly two centers and a wing (not heinen)

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
It's kind of crazy because if you asked me what the Bruins three biggest needs going into the offseason it would be

1) a top six center, defensively responsible, good on face-offs, can play the bumper on the PP - Elias Lindholm
2) a top four LH defenseman who can get shots through, play physical, PK - Nikita Zadorov
3) a young top six power forward, net front presence, leadership - Rutger McGroarty

I get Lindholm and Zadorov are probably going to get contracts that aren't the prettiest and McGroarty is probably going to cost #25 + but I don't really care. PAY IT. They fill holes on the roster that we cannot fill within our system. No one in the minors has those skillsets or are remotely close.

I don't like seeing overpayments in FA like the rest of us but beggars cant be choosers. Go get your guys. It's what teams like Tampa and Vegas did to win.

End Thread

Reactions: CellyHard

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Id be pretty happy with that.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

100 percent.

If that's the plan, here's hoping they pull it off.

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019

Agreed. Those contracts probably won't age well and both will be slightly overpaid, but it's guys they need. If they get 3-4 good years out of both before their play starts to dip im good with it.

I'm assuming Lindholm will probably be around $8Mx6 and Zadorov will be around $6Mx5. #25+Lysell/Merkulov+Beecher for McGroarty + small add. Sign Lomberg or Duhaime for the fourth line.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Poitras-Frederic/McGroarty
Frederic/McGroarty-Coyle-Geekie
Duhaime/Lomberg-Kastelic-Brazeau
Lauko

Zadorov-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lorhei-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Korpisalo/Bussi

Status