Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Trade Carlo for best forward (or center prospect) +2nd.
Go out and trade for John Marino to help fill in he Carlo gap?

Not sure it’s worth it. I’d be curious to see what Carlo is really worth though.
It’s not worth it

I just don’t understand the is not good stuff.

I’m not saying he’s Ray Bourque but he’s got a little of everything in his game.

Hits to hurt
Fights/protects teammates
Kills penalties
Blocks shots
Can shoot/score

Is he as good as Carlo defensively?
No

As good all around as McAvoy?
No

But he’s better offensively than Carlo
Tougher than Carlo

Better all around than Peake and Wotherspoon.

He’s definitely good enough to make this team better because he’s good at the things they need.

And I’m not saying 6.5+ for a salary but in the 5’s or low 6’s he’s fine
So wit my that resume why isn’t Vancouver signing him?

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I have tried biting my tongue but now hearing names that are actually hitting the open market and don’t get me wrong I thought a lot would be locked up by now Stammer, Zadorov etc the list seems to keep going this makes me more frustrated about Korpisalo money heck I even believe he’ll turn it around here but why bother spending this money here Swayman is the guy let Bussi hold backup or another cheaper option if he fails..

That 3 mill could be used to fill an actual need …:pullhair::pullhair:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
It's not that he can't make it in Winnipeg, he doesn't even have a contract with them
My intention was not to just zero in McG
I mostly agree. Lindholm is definitely going to get a contract that will age poorly. And if I were running the team I too would go after more scoring wingers instead of throwing a ton of money at an ok center. I think Zacha and Coyle are a fine top 2 combo. Not great but with great wingers they suffice. But there's also a part of me that's accepted the team will almost certainly be going in on Lindholm and with how appealing of a situation it would be for him I feel like there's a super high probability he ends up here. Feel like I'm braced for the inevitable but wo know what'll actually happen.
I know the consensus is they need a # 1 center that's fine, but Lindholm is not # 1 and you going to throw money at him just to say you have a #1 center absolutely crazy, Zacka and Coyle might be # 1s but they are dam good hockey players, and you are right get some solid Wings and wait for that #1 be sure he is the right one .

pizzafrylover420

Feb 5, 2020
John Marino? Really?
Carlo for good prospect (rutger level, though preferably a center) and a 2/3rd pick

Is the downgrade from Carlo to a Marino type worth adding a young center and a 2nd or 3rd pick? Depends on the young player I guess.

I wonder what Carlo’s value is, I do like him a lot as a player and know he is very valuable to the team but still curious to know what we could get for him.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
With the bottom six set, go hard on Lindholm and Bertuzzi for line two . If Bert isn’t available, maybe take a flyer on Mantha, I think he’d be pretty good with Marchand and Coyle.

And I’m still wanting Edmundson for the defense

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I mostly agree. Lindholm is definitely going to get a contract that will age poorly. And if I were running the team I too would go after more scoring wingers instead of throwing a ton of money at an ok center. I think Zacha and Coyle are a fine top 2 combo. Not great but with great wingers they suffice. But there's also a part of me that's accepted the team will almost certainly be going in on Lindholm and with how appealing of a situation it would be for him I feel like there's a super high probability he ends up here. Feel like I'm braced for the inevitable but who know what'll actually happen.
I wish I could argue.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
I have no idea what is going to happen tonight or next week but I look forward to having new hope for 2024-2025... I'm confident good players want to play for the Bruins organization, particularly a good centre wants to play with Pasta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad