Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
At the end of the day, the team with the best player wins the deal.
Right now, the Sens are the winner.
Let's circle back once Korpsy plays 20 games.
The unknown/crapshoot is the first rounder. If I was DS I would swing for the fences and draft a high risk / high reward player vs a safe pick.....and pick the best player available.
How are you deciding who the best player available is? The Bruins will pick who they think the best player available is - what will you use to decide who the BPA really is?

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I don't believe this Philly rumor one bit, It would mean Ottawa was giving up 2 firsts in total plus a player to swap goalies and they only get one year of Ullmark guaranteed. That's absurd.

Reactions: wintersej

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
You are not the first person to say this to me as a proposal.

I think dreaming about Draisaitl is unfair for Bruins fans.

Expect bargain deals and 3rd line C being sold as top line talent. Nothing this management has ever done suggests they can trade for, or sign a top line C. Inherited Krejci and Bergeron then never replaced them or even tried to do so.

I'd HAPPILY be proven wrong by Sweeney but I don't really get my hopes up anymore with this team and his ability to get the player they need.
We would need a goalie back, so McAvoy + Swayman + Beecher for Draisaitl+ Bouchard + Skinner.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Hahahahahaha……breath, breathe…….Hahahahahahahaha

I call bullshit. With a capital Bull.
Well the deal for a signed Ullmark was Chychrun right? they planned to get rid of the goalie, when the deal with an extension fell apart Sweeny agreed to take the goalie.

I mean Im more saying agreed to get taken to the cleaners but I digress.

Reactions: Carvelville

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
I don't understand why so many people are for bringing Heinen back. Where does he play? He shouldn't sniff the top 6, if he does,well that just means you aren't good enough in that department again.

He's not a 4th liner(especially at some of the ridiculous $$ I see some suggesting) So that leaves the 3rd line and Poitras should get every chance to make this team and not have the likes of a Danton Heinen blocking a spot because he needs to be there to justify his new contract.

Sweeney has already made one stupid move early in this off-season, hopefully he doesn't make it 2 on a guy this team doesn't need. I don't mind the player he's just not the type of guy this team needs, and with more money tied up in goaltending this season they're gonna need every last available dollar to fill out this lineup with guys they really need.

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
I don't understand why so many people are for bringing Heinen back. Where does he play? He shouldn't sniff the top 6, if he does,well that just means you aren't good enough in that department again.

He's not a 4th liner(especially at some of the ridiculous $$ I see some suggesting) So that leaves the 3rd line and Poitras should get every chance to make this team and not have the likes of a Danton Heinen blocking a spot because he needs to be there to justify his new contract.

Sweeney has already made one stupid move early in this off-season, hopefully he doesn't make it 2 on a guy this team doesn't need. I don't mind the player he's just not the type of guy this team needs, and with more money tied up in goaltending this season they're gonna need every last available dollar to fill out this lineup with guys they really need.
I really like him as a versatile Swiss Army knife that can indeed score and play in top 6 when needed, but can only imagine him getting signed at 2.25+ if it’s to fill a spot from someone we are moving.

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
I really like him as a versatile Swiss Army knife that can indeed score and play in top 6 when needed, but can only imagine him getting signed at 2.25+ if it’s to fill a spot from someone we are moving.
Sure he's fine to fill in there because of injuries or whatever but he shouldn't be a mainstay. If they plan on moving Geekie or Frederic ( both I still prefer over Heinen) then he's a fine fall back option but until then I'd rather he moved on to somewhere else.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I like Heinen as an anyman in the roster.

The only way I don't like Heinen is cost and length of contract.
So it comes down to what Donny does there and I don't expect anything until after Sweeney is done thus summer and has a hole he still needs filled at forward.

Reactions: Gordoff

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I feel like who ever is signed is who they wanted to sign. Maybe he plans to sign a lot of players out of free agency?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

To me he’s the bellweather for whether they are serious about contending, for the exact reasons you mention.

If he’s on line 1, 2, or 3 they aren’t good enough to sniff a cup, because it means they didn’t improve the top 6 enough to ensure that line three consists of 3 out of Coyle, Poitras, Geekie, Frederic.

Their shot at contention lies in their ability to add two difference making forwards to the top 6, while providing a third line that is going win their matchup most nights.

They can win a cup with:

Pasta, Zacha, Marchand, one of Lindholm, Stephenson, Monahan, one of Kane, Tarasenko, and Geekie or Frederic in the top 6.

Geekie/Frederic, Coyle or Poitras on line 3.

Beecher, Lauko, Kastelic, possibly Boqvist (who will probably be cheaper than Heinen) or maybe Kuntar on line 4.

Screw the plays up and down the lineup garbage. Unless he wants to be here for 1.5-1.75, which he probably won’t…he’s not worth it.

Especially with the Korpisalo disaster, you can’t spend 2.75 or more on a guy who’s best skill is that “he won’t hurt you too bad if he needs to fill in for someone better”.

Among everyone I placed in the above lineup, he’s only better than a few guys in the bottom 6……but all of them make less and are already signed (or will make less in the case of Boqvist).

He’s entirely Unnecessary.

Edit…..I forgot about another signed guy and better value in Brazeau.

Last edited:

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
I like Heinen as an anyman in the roster.

The only way I don't like Heinen is cost and length of contract.
So it comes down to what Donny does there and I don't expect anything until after Sweeney is done thus summer and has a hole he still needs filled at forward.
Where's the hole going to be? Unless someone is getting moved out there shouldn't be a hole that Heinen should fill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad