Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
that deal will be a mistake in about 10 minutes

I disagree Canucks will get his age 28-31 seasons, he spent 4 full years in the NCAA he doesn't have the wear-and-tear of a lot of pro games (just 90 pro games outside of NHL). All he needs to do is keep doing what he's doing on their 3rd line and he's worth every penny. I think he left money on the table not going to July 1st.

This isn't Matt Beleskey signing a big contract to play on a scoring line. He had 17 EV goals last year. If he can give them 15G/15A and 200+ hits that's solid for what he's making.

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
If you really could make that pick swap with Karlsson and Geekie or someone like Brazzers/Lauko/picks I’m def in for the sake of moving up. Bill can dish it. Even more in if top FA wingers end up asking for too much. But still want Lindholm as the big signing.

Why?
Immediately improves center talent. We are deep at center depth in a sense (some are better suited for wing like Freddy/Zacha) but have no offensive centers in the making. Behind Elias, he would be our best offensive center, bringing more puck moving talent into the fold. It allows Poitras to breathe and condition before officially carrying the weight of the 2nd/3rd line. It allows you to have center flexibility depending on who meshes best with linemates. Zacha and Coyle can officially move to wing.

You also open up a lot of room for trade considering the bottom 6 has some redundant factors that can turn expendability into strengths/picks. And in the off chance Drai becomes available via trade, we will need to send a center out. This would make that hypothetical move hurt less if Coyle/Poitras were gone.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm surprised he wouldn't test FA tbh, thought someone would way overpay for him

You could say that about every player who ever resigns with their team before FA. He is happy and comfortable there, and they paid him a boatload of cash, even if he could have gotten a bigger boat

Reactions: NDiesel

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Let's just leave off the value of a really good goaltender in the deal. The day before the trade people were saying Chycrun and 25. A lot were saying they wouldn't do the deal if 25 was the best asset coming. Now it's 25 to take Korpisalo... and Ullmark for Kastelic?
Lol people on this board were saying all kinds of crazy shit. In reality, this is the value. Kinda funny nobody was offering more? The market wasn’t there

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I disagree Canucks will get his age 28-31 seasons, he spent 4 full years in the NCAA he doesn't have the wear-and-tear of a lot of pro games (just 90 pro games outside of NHL). All he needs to do is keep doing what he's doing on their 3rd line and he's worth every penny. I think he left money on the table not going to July 1st.

This isn't Matt Beleskey signing a big contract to play on a scoring line. He had 17 EV goals last year. If he can give them 15G/15A and 200+ hits that's solid for what he's making.

And even if it drops to a more reasonable 12-13 - 25 it's basically fine. I don't think 21.4% shooting percentage is sustainable for him , but he'll be at worst a slightly overpaid 3rd liner

The problem with Belesky is when he couldn't become a scorer, he was largely useless.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
One of my favorite justifications I’ve heard so far is by taking on Korpisalo we upgraded from the Sens 2nd to the 1st.

Apparently the cost to dump the worst statistical goalie in the league on a bloated 4 year contract is ~15 spots in the draft.

Makes zero sense
Don’t know what to tell you buddy, but that’s exactly why Korpi is a Bruin. Guess you’re smarter than Sweeney & co. BTW how do you explain the fact that Ulmark has worse stats than Korpi in the playoffs? Is Ullmark the worse playoff goalie ever lol?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
You could say that about every player who ever resigns with their team before FA. He is happy and comfortable there, and they paid him a boatload of cash, even if he could have gotten a bigger boat
For sure, nothing but respect for guys who care less about the money vs being comfortable, just surprised nonetheless

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Let's just leave off the value of a really good goaltender in the deal. The day before the trade people were saying Chycrun and 25. A lot were saying they wouldn't do the deal if 25 was the best asset coming. Now it's 25 to take Korpisalo... and Ullmark for Kastelic?
Ya...I mean the options are we all overvalued Ullmark or Sweeney and management is completely clueless to their own guys value, one sure seems a lot more plausible to me though.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Ya...I mean the options are we all overvalued Ullmark or Sweeney and management is completely clueless to their own guys value, one sure seems a lot more plausible to me though.
Or as usual, the truth is somewhere in the middle. People overestimated the market, AND Sweeney rushed into a deal because the "timing" was more important to him than " the return".

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Or as usual, the truth is somewhere in the middle. People overestimated the market, AND Sweeney rushed into a deal because the "timing" was more important to him than " the return".
Probably, but I'm starting to wonder if his poor playoff stats may have scared some teams off. At the end of the day we are speculating, maybe we are right or maybe there truly wasn't the types of packages we thought there would be for him.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
They didn't trade for a very good sounding board. That's speculation. That's a possible future.

They traded for a shit goalie on an awful contract.

What you propose they are doing is buying a bunch of penny stocks, at a premium, then counting their billions.
So you can read into the future and come to the conclusion he will be a shit goalie here as well?

I propose its not as bad as you think, I believe he will be a very good back here, IF he even stays.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I think the contract is a steal tbh I was expecting him to get 4/16 or more

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
So you can read into the future and come to the conclusion he will be a shit goalie here as well?

I propose its not as bad as you think, I believe he will be a very good back here, IF he even stays.
If you are so confident that he'll be a very good back up here, then why wouldn't he be on the team? I don't understand.

Reactions: Gordoff

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
1719518999544.jpeg

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Ok. That was a bad season. Would you call all the players on Ottawa shit? LA dealt for him. And Ottawa gave him a huge contract. That means he’s got some talent. Is Ullmark shit cause his playoff stats are shit compared to Korpi’s? Korpi is not a starter, but he is a decent backup. Ottawa expected him to be the starter, Boston doesn’t have as lofty expectations
Please re-right this post in crayon so I can understand

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad