Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
For a rental ? The Goalie will be a very good back and sounding board for Swayman as he enters into a pressure cooker now that he will be a top paid goalie in the league, No more cute goalie hugs,

We will get the chance to draft a very good prospect

Added a tough sob that can play and win face offs

All for a rental
They didn't trade for a very good sounding board. That's speculation. That's a possible future.

They traded for a shit goalie on an awful contract.

What you propose they are doing is buying a bunch of penny stocks, at a premium, then counting their billions.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I’m on mobile so idk how to grab the link (maybe check out his twitter?) but essentially we had very limited time to get a deal done due to the draft coming up, and the only real suitor was Ottawa who was on Linus Ullmarks list. He would not waive for Detroit or LA (supposedly)

This meant he had to go to Ottawa if we were to trade him prior to the draft. They could not come to terms on a contract, therefore he was a rental, which tanks his value.

The reason we took Korpi was to elevate the return pickwise, which would’ve been a 2nd or 3rd if we didn’t eat the contract. Ottawa is cash strapped by the cap as of now. The idea is that goalie bob thinks he can get him to be a serviceable backup based on what he’s seen. We could not get additional conditional picks if he did sign as it is not legal via the latest CBA.

We now have another slot filled and we could not go into the season without having a proven back up (I’m of the opinion that Bussi can hack it, but it’s very risky to just go forward with him as your slotted backup)

As for the people who wanted us to run it back with Ullmark—that’s an insane amount of cap to have locked up with your goalies. Dom outlined what it would look like

After writing this up, I realized I probably should’ve just grabbed you the link lol

All in all the lack of return is simply due to Ullmark and the Sens being unable to arrive at the same number
Korpisalo has another FOUR years on his deal. Ullmark has one. So essentially I’d rather have Swayman (8m) & Ullmark (5m) for another season (total 13m) over Swayman & Korpisalo (11m) for the next four seasons.

Easy way to make that work. Don’t sign Heinen, play a kid from Providence in that spot.

Swayman Ullmark Lauko (14m).

Swayman Korpisalo Heinen* (14m).

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Korpisalo has another FOUR years on his deal. Ullmark has one. So essentially I’d rather have Swayman (8m) & Ullmark (5m) for another season (total 13m) over Swayman & Korpisalo (11m) for the next four seasons.

Easy way to make that work. Don’t sign Heinen, play a kid from Providence in that spot.

Swayman Ullmark Lauko (14m).

Swayman Korpisalo Heinen* (14m).
But then how would you draft someone in the first round?

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I just think Lindholm is a better fit. Stamkos has played mostly wing and he plays the same position as Pasta on the powerplay

I would be totally fine with getting Stammer if it came down to it but Lindholm is my first choice
You can have a PP with two RH forwards, happens very often. I think its a bonus that Stammer can play wing and Center.
He won 56% of his draws last year.
Bottle line is Stammer is the better player now, so that is why I prefer him, assuming you can get him for a 2-3 year deal.
Any term longer than 5 years worries me with EL.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010

Heinen better player not good

Joshua 4/13

Yikes
On no planet is Danton Heinen a better player than Dakota Joshua. This is right where I thought his contract would be if as a UFA. Hopefully Heinen gets greedy and Sweeney says no to him. I take Joshua every day over Heinen because of his size, physical play and compete level. Like Heinen fans agrue that he can play up and down the lin up so can Joshua.

BTW this is why you never count on "next years" free agent class. Most will never make it to unrestricted free agency. IF a player as good as Lindholm or Stamkos makes it you pay whatever you have to in acquiring them.

He's quitting??????

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
On no planet is Danton Heinen a better player than Dakota Joshua. This is right where I thought his contract would be if as a UFA. Hopefully Heinen gets greedy and Sweeney says no to him. I take Joshua every day over Heinen because of his size, physical play and compete level. Like Heinen fans agrue that he can play up and down the lin up so can Joshua.

BTW this is why you never count on "next years" free agent class. Most will never make it to unrestricted free agency. IF a player as good as Lindholm or Stamkos makes it you pay whatever you have to in acquiring them.

He's quitting??????
I really wanted the Bruins to take a shot at signing Joshua . Canucks keep on making great moves since Rutherford got there .

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Goalie Bob says he thinks he can work with Kori to help fix whatever needs fix in’. What else is he going to say? He works at the pleasure of Jacob’s. I hope at least in this case he’s right. Four years is a long time with a lousy contract. (For us, not for Korpi.)

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I’m on mobile so idk how to grab the link (maybe check out his twitter?) but essentially we had very limited time to get a deal done due to the draft coming up, and the only real suitor was Ottawa who was on Linus Ullmarks list. He would not waive for Detroit or LA (supposedly)

This meant he had to go to Ottawa if we were to trade him prior to the draft. They could not come to terms on a contract, therefore he was a rental, which tanks his value.

The reason we took Korpi was to elevate the return pickwise, which would’ve been a 2nd or 3rd if we didn’t eat the contract. Ottawa is cash strapped by the cap as of now. The idea is that goalie bob thinks he can get him to be a serviceable backup based on what he’s seen. We could not get additional conditional picks if he did sign as it is not legal via the latest CBA.

We now have another slot filled and we could not go into the season without having a proven back up (I’m of the opinion that Bussi can hack it, but it’s very risky to just go forward with him as your slotted backup)

As for the people who wanted us to run it back with Ullmark—that’s an insane amount of cap to have locked up with your goalies. Dom outlined what it would look like

After writing this up, I realized I probably should’ve just grabbed you the link lol

All in all the lack of return is simply due to Ullmark and the Sens being unable to arrive at the same number

I appreciate you passing on what was said during Dom's broadcast. I still have major issues with this trade. The Sens needed a goalie even more then the Bruins needed to rush this trade. The goalie market has pretty well dried up, the Sens without a major upgrade in nets are doomed to fail this year, Staios knows that. To alleviate their cap space why wasn't Chychrun included in the trade instead of Korpisalo, even if he wasn't extended or why didn't Ottawa trade Chychrun or someone else to another team to open up some room. Sweeney showed no patience here, he got played by a rookie GM who's need for a capable starting goalie is a lot higher than Sweeney's need to unload Ullmark so quickly just because he wants a low 1st round draft pick.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Goalie Bob says he thinks he can work with Kori to help fix whatever needs fix in’. What else is he going to say? He works at the pleasure of Jacob’s. I hope at least in this case he’s right. Four years is a long time with a lousy contract. (For us, not for Korpi.)

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
They didn't trade for a very good sounding board. That's speculation. That's a possible future.

They traded for a shit goalie on an awful contract.

What you propose they are doing is buying a bunch of penny stocks, at a premium, then counting their billions.
You don’t get it. Sweeney is basically paying $1.5 million for a 1st round pick. How do you value a 1st rd pick? Korpi is a decent backup who’s overpaid by about $1.5. NO KORPI = NO 1st. “Shit goalie”. Lol. Can’t wait to see you eat some after the season ends

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
You don’t get it. Sweeney is basically paying $1.5 million for a 1st round pick. How do you value a 1st rd pick? Korpi is a decent backup who’s overpaid by about $1.5. NO KORPI = NO 1st. “Shit goalie”. Lol. Can’t wait to see you eat some after the season ends
I mean he was the worst goaltender in the NHL last season statistically. If he’s not a “shit goaltender” who is?

& IF goalie Bob makes a respectable goalie out of 3m dollar man Korpisalo (the worst goaltender in NHL last season), what could he do with a young Bussi at a 775k cap hit??

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
5430B63D-76AB-4783-9CCD-C8EC1CD5B88B.jpeg

Hard pass

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I like that deal for Vancouver wish it could have been Boston. I've always like Joshua. Bit of a unicorn in today's game.
I’m a fan as well Bruins have Freddie & Geekie on their third line where a $3.5 M will occupy

Joshua is not a L4 guy and he’s not a top 6

I gotta check out his special teams minutes

Reactions: BruinDust

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
The end of the season means zero regarding this trade today. Making trades that value players/assets as some future ideal is simply gambling.

Not sure what your $1.5m figure is supposed to represent. Sorry.

No Korpisalo, no 1st is very likely the exact opposite of every other discussion Staios had when trying to jettison him.

Reactions: Gordoff

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
I mean he was the worst goaltender in the NHL last season statistically. If he’s not a “shit goaltender” who is?

& IF goalie Bob makes a respectable goalie out of 3m dollar man Korpisalo (the worst goaltender in NHL last season), what could he do with a young Bussi at a 775k cap hit??
Ok. That was a bad season. Would you call all the players on Ottawa shit? LA dealt for him. And Ottawa gave him a huge contract. That means he’s got some talent. Is Ullmark shit cause his playoff stats are shit compared to Korpi’s? Korpi is not a starter, but he is a decent backup. Ottawa expected him to be the starter, Boston doesn’t have as lofty expectations

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Let's just leave off the value of a really good goaltender in the deal. The day before the trade people were saying Chycrun and 25. A lot were saying they wouldn't do the deal if 25 was the best asset coming. Now it's 25 to take Korpisalo... and Ullmark for Kastelic?

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
The end of the season means zero regarding this trade today. Making trades that value players/assets as some future ideal is simply gambling.

Not sure what your $1.5m figure is supposed to represent. Sorry.

No Korpisalo, no 1st is very likely the exact opposite of every other discussion Staios had when trying to jettison him.
Lol that’s exactly what trades are. There is always risk involved. And the $1.5 figure is the overpayment for Korpi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad