Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Do Sens fans have anything to be proud of? Like at all? Is there even a single thing in that franchise's entire 30 year history to be proud about?

I bet $20 that Korpisalo's numbers in Boston next year will be better than Ullmark's in Ottawa.

Next time ask them how Wade Redden is doing.

Wade Redden, interesting that you bring up his name, in my opinion one of the most overated players in Sens history with an " interesting " off ice story. Thankfully for the Bruins certain people in their organization valued Redden over Chara or else Chara may never have ended up coming to Boston as a FA.

The only way Korpisalo has better numbers then Ullmark next year is if the Bruins give him all the weaker games. Ullmark will be highly motivated next year as he will be an impending FA, he is also going to want to show up the Bruins organization, I expect him to be very good.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024

Thank you good sir!

Ok new theory:

Sway deal is already signed (handshake), but Sweeney is loading up for a day like Chara-Savard where he blows the fans out of the water.

That's the best theory I have on not announcing it already

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Thank you good sir!

Ok new theory:

Sway deal is already signed (handshake), but Sweeney is loading up for a day like Chara-Savard where he blows the fans out of the water.

I have some bad news for you about the Easter bunny and Santa Claus as well as this Sweeney theory

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
we’re a draisaitl miracle away from sweeney punting another year of pastas prime and one of the final years of marchands league best contract. truly impressive how he’s squandered the pieces and opportunities he’s had the past 9 seasons.

Management didn't punt or squander 2019 or 2023. That falls directly on the players, Pasta included.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Wade Redden, interesting that you bring up his name, in my opinion one of the most overated players in Sens history with an " interesting " off ice story. Thankfully for the Bruins certain people in their organization valued Redden over Chara or else Chara may never have ended up coming to Boston as a FA.

The only way Korpisalo has better numbers then Ullmark next year is if the Bruins give him all the weaker games. Ullmark will be highly motivated next year as he will be an impending FA, he is also going to want to show up the Bruins organization, I expect him to be very good.

Let's see first if Green and Baumgartner can convince and teach that team to play solid defense. Ullmark might be in for a surprise.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Marchy-Lindholm-Pasta
Zacha-Poitras-Necas
Freddy-Coyle-Geekie
Lauko-Beecher-Brazeau
Kastelic

Dillion-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wortherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

Moves:
1. Swayman- 7x7
2. Lindholm-7.5 x6
3. Dillion 3x3
4. Korpisalo(25% retained) + 1st + Lysell for Necas (4x4)

Patrick Brown to the AHL, ideally upgrade Lauko to some toughness/muscle, and I think we're cap compliant.

Reactions: bbfan419 and TCB

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Thank you good sir!

Ok new theory:

Now that Ryan Suter is bought out here is his chance !

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Marchy-Lindholm-Pasta
Zacha-Poitras-Necas
Freddy-Coyle-Geekie
Lauko-Beecher-Brazeau
Kastelic

Dillion-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wortherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

Moves:
1. Swayman- 7x7
2. Lindholm-7.5 x6
3. Dillion 3x3

Patrick Brown to the AHL, ideally upgrade Lauko to some toughness/muscle, and I think we're cap compliant.

I think you are likely half a million to a million under on the prices for those signings, except Necas, where you might be 2-3 million short, i don't think he's interested in 4x4,

Beyond that, I don't think that gets you Necas, even if Korpisalo is considered a positive value

Reactions: pucksindeep92

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Now that Ryan Suter is bought out here is his chance !

I wouldn't be terribly opposed to Suter at 1 million to be the #6/7 defenseman. I tend to think that is what we are going to add on Defense, a veteran low cost player. He was good enough to play almost 18 min a night in postseason this year for 19 games

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Marchy-Lindholm-Pasta
Zacha-Poitras-Necas
Freddy-Coyle-Geekie
Lauko-Beecher-Brazeau
Kastelic

Dillion-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wortherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

Moves:
1. Swayman- 7x7
2. Lindholm-7.5 x6
3. Dillion 3x3

1st and Lysell aren’t getting Necas .Only way they get Necas is with either Poitras or Lohrei.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Thanks for that.

Both you and Playmakers, who posted several vids of Kastellic in action, may add to my appreciation of the pick-up.
Yeah, I think he's going to blossom here in this system. I don't dislike this part of the trade. In some ways we're moving the needle in the right direction. I know some here don't like Maroon but I bring him back for one year. He'd be a really good influence on a few guys who need to develop a swagger.
I've been watching Kastellics fight video's, and I don't see where they're saying that he's a "punching bag" etc. Look, we can dislike the overall trade, that's been debated, but this "piece" and maybe who or what the 1st rounder brings will hopefully overshadow the negative.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Honestly would make sense and add to the urgency to get the Ullmark deal done if Don was talking with another team about flipping the pick? Although they clearly plan to take a selection in the 1st (given they interviewed every prospect likely to go in the first round).

someone had mentioned a bailout deal with vegas where we swap 25 for theirs (19?) might be able to take Hage or Luchanko at that point.

Geekie+25 for Karlsson+19?

Idk im not good with this stuff but its fun to speculate

Reactions: bbfan419

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I keep Poitras & Lohrei (unless for a franchise altering acquisition ie; Draisaitl). Young kids on ELC + RFA years are a must keep.

Lindholm while I think he’ll be overpaid, is a solid two way player who could fill a hole here. I’d try for a Guentzel if possible. Otherwise sit on the cap space. That way when someone is available you can make the move without scrambling to move out cap.

Eichel didn’t want to resign in Buffalo. Tkachuk didn’t want to resign in Calgary. It’d be nice to capitalize on one of these situations. Also maybe Crosby wants out of Pittsburgh if they’re out of the playoffs by Christmas? Nice rental option. I’d hate to be out on Crosby because Heinen Korpisalo etc are overpaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad