Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Why would Lindholm not be here in 3 years? He's 29.

Who was Mr Nasty in the Panthers defense? Or the Oilers?

You don't think Kastelic is a Mr. Nasty add to the bottom6?

What I would say is this;
Why would Lindholm not be here in 3 years? He's 29.

Who was Mr Nasty in the Panthers defense? Or the Oilers?

You don't think Kastelic is a Mr. Nasty add to the bottom6?

What I would say is this:

Neither Lindholm, Hampus or Elias, will be in Boston three, or perhaps four years hence.

The former will never be the player he was in his debut, benefiting from a deep lineup that allowed him to explore his offensive game.

He fell apart against the Panthers/round one last season. In fairness, most of the Boston roster did as well.

Hampus performed better through this season's playoffs, though frequently MIA in the regular season. I'd put that down to the Montgomery staff and their helter-skelter approach to, ah, everything.

Go ahead and get Elias Lindholm at 30. I believe he would be an excellent, all-round center who would fit the transition bill nicely.

Though serviceable in the short/medium term, neither present a long-term solution, and that's fine.

I still want Dillon, though I doubt it will happen.

Sweeney is a very bright, shrewd GM.

But he ain't got no heart.

He ain't got no feel.

Harry Sinden's son.

Reactions: Gordoff

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
Freddy being an ufa next season is why I mentioned him. He has another season like the last two or better he will price himself out

Yes, I'm a Freddy guy as well

Have to imagine big years for #11 and #39 with Coyle centering them, with assumption that Zacha/Poitras is the other center besides whoever they bring in up top. Thus, decisions need to be made or you’re going to lose someone for nothing.

I’m open to a player+ package where they move someone in the bottom 6 if it means strengthening your top 6 further than a JAG filler for JDB’s spot, and I truthfully don’t care who it is. Unfortunately, Korpisalo contract means you certainly can no longer afford my dream summer trio of Lindholm, Guenztel, Swayman without moving money out, but there are still some impactful wingers via FA or trade.

Heck, I’d even consider moving Coyle and bringing in Stephenson AND Lindholm since Stephenson is likely no more than 1mil more than Coyles 5.25 and both are younger and more talented, with Coyle having good return value right now.

Maybe you can get Laine retained for 2025 1st, Fred/Geek and lysell. His recent off-ice issues might help us there on cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
Think that's too high or too low?
Too low. I like all these players but those prices would be insane. Add .5-1.25 to each salary seems more realistic. Though you can provide anything you want to get Laine retained to that price. If you can get Sway and Lindholm at 14mil total like that, then hell, that will make me forget about yesterdays trade buffoonery for a week or two. Skinner is def intriguing, but thinking we can get a guy who has scored 191 points in the past 3 seasons for 2-3mil just because he is 32 seems far fetched.

• Haha
Reactions: bruinsfan1968

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Still don't understand this trade. I honestly think Korpisalo will perform fine here but there was no need to add a $3M backup on a longterm deal, not with so many other needs.

If they didn't trust Bussi to handle the job fine, bring in a cheap vet on a short term deal. Taking Forsberg back with some retention would of atleast made a little sense, taking this deal was just plain stupidity.
They had Swayman, plus less than 1 mil with Bussi, now they have Sway with his contract plus 3 mil with their new backup, if anyone does not think that does not make a difference you are truly mistaken.

Reactions: BTO

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I circle back to a $5,000,000 retained Laine. Get him on a 'show me deal' which is more valuable than spending that money on any UFA that will want that amount.

I'm worried about paying 7+ million on the Canucks 3rd line C and saying he's Boston's 1st line C for the next half decade.

A trade for Laine and then adding him gives you at least hope that they can both have a return to form next couple of years providing scoring threat to help out with that shell of a top six.
If you could get Laine for 5mil,for two years not bad, but think if Sweeney didn't piss 2 mil away on Korpisalo ,he hypothetically getting Laine for 3 mil, no brainer.

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
I wonder if Torts would be interested in a reunion with Korpisalo 🤔

Korpisalo for Atkinson with some retention. I know Atkinson doesn't have much left but only one year left on his deal and could still probably pop in 15 goals if healthy. Basically bad contract for bad contract kind of move.

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
When does the buyout period begin? Curious to see who gets bought out across the league.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I don't want a prima donna who is already shooting his way out of his first organization because he thinks he is too good to play in the AHL. What happens when he comes here and sent to Providence
PLD Disease strikes again.

This kind of behavior is already evident and will likely increase.

That's what youth hockey on up has produced over 20 plus years, with predictable results.

Last edited:

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
A headline just flashed across my phone but I can't seem to get to the story. Says the Bruins "may have" just traded Maroon. Sorry for lack of details, I'm sure somebody else can come up with those - headed into a meeting unfortunately (always).

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
You don’t do anything with Korpi until you go thru TC

He’s 3 M ….the laughing at us Sens are/will be paying 8 M for one year

Let’s have the trial of camp first

Bussi time to show them he can’t and won’t get thru waivers

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'd be ok with Stephenson, as long as we add a high end winger like Guentzel or Reinhart.

I feel like people expect Stephenson to be far less expensive than he will be. He will get 85-90% of what Lindholm does in the open market, simply because of supply and demand, and there are a ton of teams looking for a C, and he is the second best one available

Reactions: Blowfish

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I feel like people expect Stephenson to be far less expensive than he will be. He will get 85-90% of what Lindholm does in the open market, simply because of supply and demand, and there are a ton of teams looking for a C, and he is the second best one available

The AAV may not be far off but I think Stephenson will be looking at a term of 4 years. GMs are becoming more and more reluctant to hand out big term, we saw it last summer as well. He's not an elite player I don't think 6-7 years is a realistic demand from him.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Stamkos is a better hockey player than CS, he would be at the top of my list.
Give him a short term deal 2 years maybe 3 at the most at 7M.
He immediately upgrades our PP.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad