Rumor: 23-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part Trois: The Road to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He had close to 23 minutes of ice time through 7 games vs Seattle and only had 1 goal and 2 points. Many of his shifts were offensive zone draws with MacK and Mikko as his wingers, with Makar and Toews on the back end. He's just not good in the playoffs. We need a guy that can actually produce in the playoffs.

They could have given him 60 minutes and it wouldn't have made much difference in the results or his stats.

Sam Girard also only had 2 points in 7 games and LOC had 0. Doubtful this represents their true ability.

There's also 1000's of posts here shitting all over Manson, because of last year, and talking about how bad he is now, and how dumb CMac was to resign him. Now I think most people realize that's not true.

The fact is, that lineup was just too decimated to win. And even if we can't agree that they could have won with JTC in a healthy lineup, it's objectively a mistake to point to Kadri's season the year they DID win, to imply they need a high end center like that.

If we're acknowledging that there were other reasons the Avs lost in the other two years with Kadri at 2C, and could have won if those things didn't happen, then we have to acknowledge that Kadri was a relatively average 2C in those years scoring at a 58 and 47 point pace.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
They could have given him 60 minutes and it wouldn't have made much difference in the results or his stats.

Sam Girard also only had 2 points in 7 games and LOC had 0. Doubtful this represents their true ability.

There's also 1000's of posts here shitting all over Manson, because of last year, and talking about how bad he is now, and how dumb CMac was to resign him. Now I think most people realize that's not true.

The fact is, that lineup was just too decimated to win. And even if we can't agree that they could have won with JTC in a healthy lineup, it's objectively a mistake to point to Kadri's season the year they DID win, to imply they need a high end center like that.

If we're acknowledging that there were other reasons the Avs lost in the other two years with Kadri at 2C, and could have won if those things didn't happen, then we have to acknowledge that Kadri was a relatively average 2C in those years scoring at a 58 and 47 point pace.
Kadri produced plenty in the playoffs for us. Getting suspended was his problem. Compher was never anywhere near his PPG, even with more ice time. Kadri fit this system like a glove and flourished in the playoffs for us. Something he never did for Toronto. Compher was fine on the 3rd line for us and looked fantastic in the SJ series. But since then he's become a completely different player. In the playoffs, he focuses so much on not screwing up, he never produces any offense. We need someone that can keep their PPG up in the playoffs. Kadri could do that. Compher couldn't. Regular season stats are meaningless here.

To use your own argument against you, it's crazy that our 2nd pairing defenceman that gets nowhere near as much ice time put up the same amount of points against Seattle that he did.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Moops

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Kadri produced plenty in the playoffs for us. Getting suspended was his problem. Compher was never anywhere near his PPG even with more ice time. Kadri for this system like a glove and flourished in the playoffs for us. Something he never did for Toronto. Compher was fine on the 3rd line for us and looked fantastic in the SJ series. But since then he's become a completely different player. In the playoffs, he focuses so much on not screwing up, he never produces any offense. We need someone that can keep their PPG up in the playoffs. Kadri could do that. Compher couldn't. Regular season stats are meaningless here.

To use your own argument against you, it's crazy that our 2nd pairing defenseman that get no where near as much ice time put up as much points against Seattle that he did.

Do you think the Avs could have won with Kadri when he was having 58 and 47 point pace seasons?

Don't you think it's possible that the difference between having Kadri (who missed 5 games and then played with one hand) and JTC at 2C, might just have been the difference between dominating more than any other team in decades and going 16-4 to win (could easily have been 16-2) and perhaps a hard fought 16-8 or something?

If you agree, especially on the first point, don't you think they can win again with an average 2C? That's my main point. We're not really going to agree on JTC, but he's not the point.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Do you think the Avs could have won with Kadri when he was having 58 and 47 point pace seasons?

Don't you think it's possible that the difference between having Kadri (who missed 5 games and then played with one hand) and JTC at 2C, might just have been the difference between dominating more than any other team in decades and going 16-4 to win (could easily have been 16-2) and perhaps a hard fought 16-8 or something?

If you agree, especially on the first point, don't you think they can win again with an average 2C? That's my main point. We're not really going to agree on JTC, but he's not the point.
Kadri had 18 points in 15 games for us in the 19-20 playoffs. I don't know about winning the cup, but we absolutely get past Seattle with him instead of Compher last season.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Kadri had 18 points in 15 games for us in the 19-20 playoffs. I don't know about winning the cup, but we absolutely get past Seattle with him instead on Compher last season.

Which is more points in less games than he had during their Cup year. And they didn't win right? Which illustrates my point.

If we're not sure if the Avs win the Cup with Kadri last year, that also demonstrates that the Avs weren't winning last year regardless, and Kadri's outlier year shouldn't be used as an example of who they need to win.

He also had 6 points in his previous 12 playoff games with the Leafs, and 1 assist in the two games the year he got suspended with the Avs.

They can win with an average 2C, which is more or less depending on the year, what Naz was. A little better than average admittedly, but not a high end ppg kind of guy.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I want 2C addressed. I don’t care if they use two first round picks, top prospects whatever. I think Colton is perfect in the 3C role, but there’s no way you can trot him out as a 2C when the playoffs come around. Guentzel is a great player, but I don’t even think that moves the needle if we don’t have another centre.

Reactions: Bender

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I want 2C addressed. I don’t care if they use two first round picks, top prospects whatever. I think Colton is perfect in the 3C role, but there’s no way you can trot him out as a 2C when the playoffs come around. Guentzel is a great player, but I don’t even think that moves the needle if we don’t have another centre.

Not sure on the top prospects, but you have to think CMac realizes they need to upgrade.

He gets ripped on a lot here, but it doesn't seem conceivable that an NHL GM would think he can go into the playoffs without trading for someone other than RJ and Colton to play 2C.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Kadri had 18 points in 15 games for us in the 19-20 playoffs. I don't know about winning the cup, but we absolutely get past Seattle with him instead on Compher last season.
In Compher's defense IMO we get passed Seattle with Nuke in the lineup (even not 100% healthy) and Makar not being suspended. The rounds after that though might be another story......

Reactions: Foppa2118

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
In Compher's defense IMO we get passed Seattle with Nuke in the lineup (even not 100% healthy) and Makar not being suspended. The rounds after that though might be another story......
Compher doesn't have a defense. We would have won without him and Kadri in his place without Nuke. That why a real 2C is so important.

Reactions: The Moops

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Not sure on the top prospects, but you have to think CMac realizes they need to upgrade.

He gets ripped on a lot here, but it doesn't seem conceivable that an NHL GM would think he can go into the playoffs without trading for someone other than RJ and Colton to play 2C.
I would agree. It’s a pretty unanimous opinion that the Avs are actively hurting their team with Johansen on the team. I don’t mind the initial gamble, but when it doesn’t work, you need to move on. I get that he’s a great locker room guy, probably really liked, but if you’re serious about winning a cup he doesn’t fit.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Why do some of you guys even follow this team if you roll over and quit on the season already.

It's pathetic. You guys would be horrible teammates if you ever played sports. Just pure, weak beta crap right there. The total definition of pathetic.

Cowards, the whole lot of you!

Reactions: Snow Arc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad