Rumor: 23-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part Trois: The Road to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
I feel if Buffalo wanted to move Mittelstadt they rather move him west than to their neighbor Detroit
Yeah. If they send him to Detroit that package the Wings give up is probably gonna enrage their fans.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You can posit the opinion that Henrique would be better suited at W and you'd probably be right.

But for better or for worse, Henrique is playing center right now and has for most of the season.

When he's played with Carlsson, McTavish, Giroulx, and Lundestrom he's playing the Landy wing role (draws and some defensive coverage). Strome and Rico have split quite a bit when together. Zegras has mostly been Rico at center. He's all around the lineup and never consistent at center. Along with that, of his 22 5v5 points... 10 have come on Carlsson's wing in the ~170 minutes they have been together.

It should be noted... he's had about the most inconsistent usage as you can really come up with. His most common line is Jones-Rico-Silfverberg... and that is only about 15% of his time. He's got more with Jones and others (Insert Strome, Killer, Leason, etc).

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
When he's played with Carlsson, McTavish, Giroulx, and Lundestrom he's playing the Landy wing role (draws and some defensive coverage). Strome and Rico have split quite a bit when together. Zegras has mostly been Rico at center. He's all around the lineup and never consistent at center. Along with that, of his 22 5v5 points... 10 have come on Carlsson's wing in the ~170 minutes they have been together.

It should be noted... he's had about the most inconsistent usage as you can really come up with. His most common line is Jones-Rico-Silfverberg... and that is only about 15% of his time. He's got more with Jones and others (Insert Strome, Killer, Leason, etc).
Yeah, for me personally I think you add a guy like Henrique when you've already got that #2C in place and you want a kind of swiss-army knife back-up kind of player.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, for me personally I think you add a guy like Henrique when you've already got that #2C in place and you want a kind of swiss-army knife back-up kind of player.
Or you have that young 2C who needs some insulation for various situations. Like Benn/Johnston for the Stars (ignoring that is their 3rd line). He's a great depth player to have... he's just not a full time 2C and has not been since prior to Covid. Then even in those seasons, he wasn't all that successful in the role.

Henrique is certainly an improvement over RyJo, but he's also not a solution (even for this run) either. He's that flex seal you sprayed on the bottom of your boat... hoping the next time you go out fishing, the gators don't use you as a snack.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
The Avs "set in stone" policies are dumb. It's the same as the Duchene cap costing us talent.
iQUOTE="SoundwaveIsCharisma, post: 194241563, member: 14390"]
The Avs "set in stone" policies are dumb. It's the same as the Duchene cap costing us talent.
[/QUOTE]

can you imagine a Mack, O'Reilly 1-2 punch down the middle for the last several.years and still ?

Talk about the perfect 1-2 C tandem

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I think the thing that concerns me about the names we have been tied to. Henrique, Wennberg, even Jenner... would be half measures. We can't just keep wasting our limited resources on half-measures, save them up and spend them on an actual solution to the problem.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Fitting for two years 😄
call him up

They have stated a few times they want to be good for as long as possible, and I take them at their word on that... alongside that, their actions indicate as such. As a fan, I am fundamentally biased in thinking they should put the best team forward as much as they can while they can. I don't have to pay the bills for those consequences though. Well over half the NHL (likely including the Avs) are to some extent budget teams. Meaning if they don't consistently succeed revenue wise, the budget will decrease. It may not be directly related to cap... could be buyouts, off the ice facilities, travel cutbacks, etc. We know the last time the Avs went through a major rebuild, the belt got tightened. There is a good chance they want to avoid that and would rather be a good, but short of elite team for 7-8 years vs being an elite team for 2-4 years, good for another 1-2 then bad for 5-6 (at least.

All teams are different in this regard and very few have blank checks. Winnipeg wrestled with this for years, and they clearly don't have the base to survive a full rebuild. Columbus has been similar. Honestly, even Chicago was a team that got pretty close to some major issues before turning the corner after the lockout.
Whats you take in if Detroit could be in on Mitts ?

also good call on the Ivan Ivan signing and are we still in on a dman from the North

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008

From what I am seeing, Henrique hasn't played with McTavish or Lundestrom at all (or very little), and only a little with Groulx.

He's currently between Jones and Killorn (2nd from the bottom).

Time%LWCRW
95:1412.5JonesHenriqueSilfverberg
56:297.4HenriqueCarlssonStrome
55:217.3HenriqueCarlsonTerry
49:126.5HenriqueCarlssonKillorn
43:415.7JonesHenriqueLeason
40:355.3KillornHenriqueTerry
38:395.1ZegrasHenriqueTerry
29:533.9HenriqueStromeTerry
26:283.5JonesHenriqueKillorn
26:043.4HenriqueGroulxSilfverberg

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think the thing that concerns me about the names we have been tied to. Henrique, Wennberg, even Jenner... would be half measures. We can't just keep wasting our limited resources on half-measures, save them up and spend them on an actual solution to the problem.
Yup... The Avs also have the pieces to get a 2C. With the prices we've seen these guys go for, they could have made a number of them. They just seem to be gun shy about spending that much. Personally I'd rather just pay the price now then worry about having to recoup the assets than continually spending pieces at a consistent rate without a real solution.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
iQUOTE="SoundwaveIsCharisma, post: 194241563, member: 14390"]

can you imagine a Mack, O'Reilly 1-2 punch down the middle for the last several.years and still ?

[/QUOTE]

Even prior to that, keeping Drury and Tanguay likely makes the transition into the post-Sakic/Forsberg era much smoother.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
From what I am seeing, Henrique hasn't played with McTavish or Lundestrom at all (or very little), and only a little with Groulx.

He's currently between Jones and Killorn (2nd from the bottom).

Time%LWCRW
95:1412.5JonesHenriqueSilfverberg
56:297.4HenriqueCarlssonStrome
55:217.3HenriqueCarlsonTerry
49:126.5HenriqueCarlssonKillorn
43:415.7JonesHenriqueLeason
40:355.3KillornHenriqueTerry
38:395.1ZegrasHenriqueTerry
29:533.9HenriqueStromeTerry
26:283.5JonesHenriqueKillorn
26:043.4HenriqueGroulxSilfverberg
It hasn't been much with Lundestrom... maybe 2 games. The point is that he's not a consistent center by any stretch... just a few games ago when Leo was in the lineup, he was right back on his wing. If Leo was playing their next game, odds are Henrique would be right back on his wing.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Friedmann's entire spiel with the Avs is they go after blokes with term. So, which centres are available with terms besides the obvious one in Mittelstadt?
Yeah I’d have to guess someone in the short to medium term.
Essentially, enough time for Ritchie to take the spot.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021

Even prior to that, keeping Drury and Tanguay likely makes the transition into the post-Sakic/Forsberg era much smoother.
[/QUOTE]

In fairness Derek Morris was a stud.

Unfortunately he was never the same after David Ling

I played against David's brother Jamie , he was few years younger than me and played junior A here at 14.

Went on to Notre Dame , great player and them boys were tough

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Honestly, I’ll take it.

Whenever the Avs are linked to a name it’s usually due to the deal falling through or simply kicking tires. Hopefully it means CMac is working on a bigger trade.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
It hasn't been much with Lundestrom... maybe 2 games. The point is that he's not a consistent center by any stretch... just a few games ago when Leo was in the lineup, he was right back on his wing. If Leo was playing their next game, odds are Henrique would be right back on his wing.

That's true, but it doesn't take away from the fact he's played a lot of C this year. His most common ES deployment (by nearly 40 minutes) has been as a C.

By comparison to your original point, players like Colemon, Kyrou, and Nyqvist have played literally no center this year (or any year in the case of the latter two players).

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yeah, you don't come back from a raptured spleen.

8209-istockgetty-images-plusromolotavani-2.jpg
I never said that you don’t come back from it, I’m just saying some reports there that say Stone might miss the playoffs

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Whats you take in if Detroit could be in on Mitts ?

also good call on the Ivan Ivan signing and are we still in on a dman from the North

Any team with a hole in their middle 6 centers is poking around Fatty. He's a 2 way guy on a cheap deal this year and will likely re-up in the 6s with term... where odds are he will outperform that contract.

To be 100% clear, I never know anything of substance from the Avs' side of things, especially on the pro side. Maybe I know something from a player or agent... most of the time it is chatter originating from elsewhere. I have no idea if the Avs would be amendable to the demands from the other side. Naturally with salary, it would be a very hard deal in the midst of the season... so I can't see it happening. On Ivan... that wasn't me knowing anything. Just reasonable deduction of what the process normally is and when it happens.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
That's true, but it doesn't take away from the fact he's played a lot of C this year. His most common ES deployment (by nearly 40 minutes) has been as a C.

By comparison to your original point, players like Colemon, Kyrou, and Nyqvist have played literally no center this year (or any year in the case of the latter two players).

I figured it would be obvious I was being a smartass in that comment. :nod:

Henrique certainly plays some center, but he's a center like Copp is a center or Compher is a center. When he moves up the lineup, he typically moves to wing or is simply less effective against better competition. The NHL is notoriously bad at listing proper positions... really to the point where they should be ignored completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad