GDT: #21| FLYERS at Red Wings| Wed., Nov. 26, 2014 | 7:30 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
Gotta think something gives soon.

Combine tonights L with a very possible back to back losses to the Rags and well be quickly dropping back into a hole standing wise.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Wings scored 2 goals on just useless shots to the net. key was pucks and bodies to the net especially when your playing a team that doesn't know how to cover the front of the net. Schultz and Del Zotto wtf are u doing there???? I think most of our worst defensive efforts have been when Luke has been out of the lineup. he made a big mistake in the last game on that 2 on 2 goal but overall he has been playing decent this year dont know what Berube is thinking

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Maybe who ****ing knows. This team just sucks. Look another goal. Blame Berube because MDZ ices the puck. Give the guy a better roster who knows. I heard Peter Laviolette is doing good in Nashville. That's rigght the same guy who got fired last year.

The team just flat out sucks. I don't care who's the coach. Most of you don't eve ****ing know hockey simple hockey tactics but have the nerve to blame the coach.

Oh, knock off the high horse BS. We have two players having top ten seasons. This SHOULD be a bubble team, and it's not. There are WORSE teams ahead of ours in the standings.

No, the roster isn't great. But it is definitely underperforming, and Berube deserves a large portion of that blame.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Half of the roster is useless, including five of the defensemen. Anot her game of realizing how much of Giroux's prime will be blown. And Voracek.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
i don't understand why everyone is bickering at who is at fault. There is plenty of blame to spread out top to bottom. Berube is consistently out coached. Players are not mentally and physically prepared. Management still has bad contracts. Players are not earning their pay, and mason is both struggling and not getting any help.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Berube is not a good coach, but even Fred Shero would not get much more out of this poorly assembled group of underachievers. We replaced many coaches since the season that shall not be named, but results are still the same. The reasons, in my mind, poor GM work for assembling this crap as well as lack of accountability and leadership. Pronger seemed to be able to whip locker room into shape the year and a half he was here.

May be we need an iron Mike for 1 season?

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Half of the roster is useless, including five of the defensemen. Anot her game of realizing how much of Giroux's prime will be blown. And Voracek.

that's the depressing part. by the time our young dmen are ready and hit their prime, G and Jake will be well on a decline.

we are so far away from competing for a cup it sickens me...

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I thought we would be in tough to make the playoffs this year since we downgraded from Hartnell and Kimmo to a Umberger and MDZ.

But this is just sad.

But remember, when we all said to be patient and wait for the kids on D, this is the result. But certainly our coach AND GM could be helping us out.

We need a steal of a trade...like the reverse of JVR/Schenn.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Oh, knock off the high horse BS. We have two players having top ten seasons. This SHOULD be a bubble team, and it's not. There are WORSE teams ahead of ours in the standings.

No, the roster isn't great. But it is definitely underperforming, and Berube deserves a large portion of that blame.

Underperforming? No they are where they need to be. Out of the playoffs. This roster will not make the playoffs unless somehow other guys play above their heads. The defense is just awful and the bottom six needs to be re-evaluated. Also Couturier is the most overrated player on this message board. Yeah I said it. Deal with it.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
i don't understand why everyone is bickering at who is at fault. There is plenty of blame to spread out top to bottom. Berube is consistently out coached. Players are not mentally and physically prepared. Management still has bad contracts. Players are not earning their pay, and mason is both struggling and not getting any help.

id blame everyone but giroux, voracek, and mason so far this year.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I thought we would be in tough to make the playoffs this year since we downgraded from Hartnell and Kimmo to a Umberger and MDZ.

But this is just sad.

But remember, when we all said to be patient and wait for the kids on D, this is the result. But certainly our coach AND GM could be helping us out.

We need a steal of a trade...like the reverse of JVR/Schenn.

hey, if they're going to miss the playoffs, miss big. i hope hexy does nothing to improve the roster this season

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like people are starting to figure out Laviolette knows a little bit about coaching, though. That's important.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Sounds like people are starting to figure out Laviolette knows a little bit about coaching, though. That's important.

But all I heard around here was he had no system.

Lmao now he knows coaching. I'm not saying you said it GKJ but you know how it is around here.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Underperforming? No they are where they need to be. Out of the playoffs. This roster will not make the playoffs unless somehow other guys play above their heads. The defense is just awful and the bottom six needs to be re-evaluated. Also Couturier is the most overrated player on this message board. Yeah I said it. Deal with it.

You know out of the playoffs is a huge range in quality encompassing half the league from bubble teams to pathetic basement dwellars...right? We're 26th right now and trending downward and that's without factoring in the results of tonight's games.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012

pretty sure everyone knows he's a good coach. the roster here just didnt fit his style anymore. but go on and keep up with your pretentious attitude.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012

He's been poor all year as has Read but they both have earned their keep for the last 3 years of play. Its called a slump for someone that claims he knows so much about hockey you should know what those are. Simmonds is going through the same thing right now. eventually they'll breakout and then they will be underrated again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad