2025 NHL Entry Draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
How's next year top players compared to this year ? Any elite/superstars like Bedard, Celibrini, Carlsson, Demidov, Fantili and Michkov ?

Oh yeah, the top of this class is exciting. Hagens is a beauty, but Martone is too. 6'4, crazy skilled.

Hagens, Martone & Frondell have the potential to be top line / franchise players. It's a deeper draft comparable to 2023 where there was a fab 4 and still a whole bunch of potential top 6 forwards after them.

A lot of centers in top 16, too. 7 of first 10 picks could be centers.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
360 days..

A644747F-C902-4EB0-B895-C8BADB103CDD.png

Reactions: Sagikev

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Spence is my major hope early, I've been a big fan of his since his U16 days. I'd kill to see him in a Habs jersey, you can build a real winner around guys like him.

Like I said earlier - he could be the Dustin Brown of this build. An attainable target too as I don't think his offensive output is going to be so amazing that he gets picked in the upper end of the top 10.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Like I said earlier - he could be the Dustin Brown of this build. An attainable target too as I don't think his offensive output is going to be so amazing that he gets picked in the upper end of the top 10.
Erie is going to be middle of the road at best, so he won't have a ton of support to help pad his numbers, that's for sure. He was already the number 2 pointer on his team last season with like 60 points.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Erie is going to be middle of the road at best, so he won't have a ton of support to help pad his numbers, that's for sure. He was already the number 2 pointer on his team last season with like 60 points.

Another forward heavy draft, this time with more guys with size and some jam/skill.. things playing out nicely for a team that's gonna pick anywhere from 7-13.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
A reminder that too early rankings are just that...too early...lol. Pronman 2024 top 10 from July 2023.

1. C Macklin Celebrini
2. LW Cole Eiserman
3. RW Ivan Demidov
4. LD Sam Dickinson
5. RW Michael Brandsegg-Nygard
6. RD Carter Yakemchuk
7. RD Artyom Levshunov
8. LD Aron Kiviharju
9. RD Charlie Elick
10.C Konsta Helenius

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
A reminder that too early rankings are just that...too early...lol. Pronman 2024 top 10 from July 2023.

1. C Macklin Celebrini
2. LW Cole Eiserman
3. RW Ivan Demidov
4. LD Sam Dickinson
5. RW Michael Brandsegg-Nygard
6. RD Carter Yakemchuk
7. RD Artyom Levshunov
8. LD Aron Kiviharju
9. RD Charlie Elick
10.C Konsta Helenius

Not bad. Quite clear that undersized players have to be special to be drafted early (Kiviharju). Also it seems like player that are unidimensional have a tendency to fall (Eiserman, Elick)

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Not bad. Quite clear that undersized players have to be special to be drafted early (Kiviharju). Also it seems like player that are unidimensional have a tendency to fall (Eiserman, Elick)

I find such rankings dubious in their very nature, as while I think having a short list is great to start, trying to squeeze players into rankings this early adds yet another unnecessary bias on top of the ones individuals will already have in their assessments.

As such, I refused to get excited on this batch of prospects. Hagens seems like a good bet, while the rest I'm somewhat wary of hyping at this point.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I find such rankings dubious in their very nature, as while I think having a short list is great to start, trying to squeeze players into rankings this early adds yet another unnecessary bias on top of the ones individuals will already have in their assessments.

As such, I refused to get excited on this batch of prospects. Hagens seems like a good bet, while the rest I'm somewhat wary of hyping at this point.
I do not think it is much hype but more assess at the current date what type of talent is upcoming for next year draft. I think it is fine, last year we knew that this year draft was a great year for defenseman, just don't look too much into it but more of an indicator. It seems early on that next year there seem to have more large sized forwards than usual.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I do not think it is much hype but more assess at the current date what type of talent is upcoming for next year draft. I think it is fine, last year we knew that this year draft was a great year for defenseman, just don't look too much into it but more of an indicator. It seems early on that next year there seem to have more large sized forwards.

and is beyond light on defense. I like Schaefer a lot but it's just him and Hensler right now.

Reactions: Gustave

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Which might be a good reason why Chicago went for Levshunov and not Demidov.

Exactly why I was feeling good about them going Levshunov. Not really a comfortable path to getting that defenseman next year while they could still end up with Ryabkin, who is not as good as Demidov, but still a good offensive talent in his own right. Or they could end up with a McQueen who gives Bedard some size to play with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad