2025 NHL Draft: Lose a ton for Porter Martone

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Should be interesting.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1726581408855.jpg
    FB_IMG_1726581408855.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 1

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Reactions: Sandisfan

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Updating my Sharks watchlist right before scouting starts in earnest... originally this was a 25 player list focusing on BOTH of our 1st rd picks, but now it's going to focus on which players might be available top-5 or at 33-35. Therefore some of these middle guys may fall off the list and may add some deeper names as the year wears on.
  • Limatov is having a good start to the year (MHL)
  • Schaefer has mono - very Sharks, but also may significantly hurt his first half.
  • Other bolded names for the 20-40 slot = Mrtka, Fiddler, Jackson Smith, Amico, Boumedienne, Handel... but many of those may solidify themselves in mid 1st round and therefore not really be in play for us (absent another trade).
  • note: within-tiers are not ranked and this is purely my speculation based on mostly other people's scouting, except a handful of players I've tried to watch.
1726679494298.png

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Updating my Sharks watchlist right before scouting starts in earnest... originally this was a 25 player list focusing on BOTH of our 1st rd picks, but now it's going to focus on which players might be available top-5 or at 33-35. Therefore some of these middle guys may fall off the list and may add some deeper names as the year wears on.
  • Limatov is having a good start to the year (MHL)
  • Schaefer has mono - very Sharks, but also may significantly hurt his first half.
  • Other bolded names for the 20-40 slot = Mrtka, Fiddler, Jackson Smith, Amico, Boumedienne, Handel... but many of those may solidify themselves in mid 1st round and therefore not really be in play for us (absent another trade).
  • note: within-tiers are not ranked and this is purely my speculation based on mostly other people's scouting, except a handful of players I've tried to watch.
View attachment 907743
Carter Amico is pretty intriguing.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Carter Amico is pretty intriguing.
My concern is he falls in the 10-20 range if he has a solid year... I know Askarov is potentially a huge piece of a winner, but players like him -- that's why I really liked that VGK pick...

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
My concern is he falls in the 10-20 range if he has a solid year... I know Askarov is potentially a huge piece of a winner, but players like him -- that's why I really liked that VGK pick...
Yeah, the non-elite RHD who are 2nd round quality tend to get picked in the late 1st because of the scarcity of RHD. I would guess Fiddler, Mrtka, and Amico all fit that trend.

I'm really interested by Carlos Handel as well, just hate to have to watch the Q to see him.

• Love

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
So this is where the Sharks can trade down and pick up Hensler and Amico both in the first while still having their second to take a chance on a big toolsy wing.

I really am hoping Hensler can have a strong season and be that potential 1D.

Dickinson - Hensler
Muk- Amico
Cagnoni - Roberts

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
So this is where the Sharks can trade down and pick up Hensler and Amico both in the first while still having their second to take a chance on a big toolsy wing.

I really am hoping Hensler can have a strong season and be that potential 1D.

Dickinson - Hensler
Muk- Amico
Cagnoni - Roberts
Maybe. I think if we're top 5, we take the top 5 pick. It'll be a cornerstone C/W or a potential #1 D. If we're #1 and it's Hagens, maybe we trade down to #2-5 and still get our guy + one more pick in the 1st round which matches your thinking (kinda).

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Maybe. I think if we're top 5, we take the top 5 pick. It'll be a cornerstone C/W or a potential #1 D. If we're #1 and it's Hagens, maybe we trade down to #2-5 and still get our guy + one more pick in the 1st round which matches your thinking (kinda).
Probably the idea situation is that we win 1st overall (as the worst team, so it doesn't affect our ability to win future lotteries), Calgary has 2nd or 3rd, and they trade us that pick plus the Devils pick (early 20's) plus more for Hagens, since they desperately need a franchise center.

Not that it would happen, but that's probably the type of situation you're looking at. Unless Cody Ceci or Mikael Granlund have such outstanding seasons that someone wants to fork over a 1st at the deadline, which is wildly unlikely.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad