Transfer: 2024 Winter Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
:dunno: Sky is reporting that Tuchel & Freund had a call with the Barca defender on Friday. With Bayern reportedly willing to pay a "mega sum" to get him this winter.

Surely that means moving one/some of the CBs, DeLigt, Kim and Upamecano are all in their prime and were expensive.

Doesn't make sense to me, they would be better off getting someone for a midfield spot. Kimmich playing there just ruins too much of the team cohesion. He is a good player, but I just don't understand managers agreeing to his wishes playing at that position.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Surely that means moving one/some of the CBs, DeLigt, Kim and Upamecano are all in their prime and were expensive.

Doesn't make sense to me, they would be better off getting someone for a midfield spot. Kimmich playing there just ruins too much of the team cohesion. He is a good player, but I just don't understand managers agreeing to his wishes playing at that position.
Absolutely. They need a legit #6. Kimmich has demonstrated at both club and international level he can't reliably fill the defensive side of that role (I actually think he stifles offensive progression quite a bit as well, but that's a separate ball of wax).

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
:dunno: Sky is reporting that Tuchel & Freund had a call with the Barca defender on Friday. With Bayern reportedly willing to pay a "mega sum" to get him this winter.
He's one of the few players you can actually call a captain in our team. Selling him would send a very wrong message, in my opinion. He's not the kind to force a move. I don't see this happening. You can have Kounde if you want though

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Got to hate those North American contracts that go for 8 years lol

Apparently Gallagher is one of those players (in the sense that he's not interested in signing an 8-year deal). Chelsea might also sell him because he helps with the financial rules right away since he's a homegrown player.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Apparently Gallagher is one of those players (in the sense that he's not interested in signing an 8-year deal). Chelsea might also sell him because he helps with the financial rules right away since he's a homegrown player.
I seem to remember Spurs being interested in him before the season started.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think @Blender will be done with Chelsea if this happens. And honestly, it's a type of move that would warrent such a response. It's basically a middle finger to the academy.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Selling HG may be the only way they can dodge FFP sanctions. Especially if Poch wants them to buy more

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's just frustrating. You make some good purchases in Palmer and Badiashile, and then go absolutely insane on DM spending. If you planned on keeping Ugochukwu, then don't spend on Caicedo, and a bunch on of money issues are eased. Disasi is another move that made 0 sense. Wasn't really a fan of going big on Mudryk or Madueke.

And on top of the big 1st team spending, they've gone huge in prospect spending, which seems like conflicting strategies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It's just frustrating. You make some good purchases in Palmer and Badiashile, and then go absolutely insane on DM spending. If you planned on keeping Ugochukwu, then don't spend on Caicedo, and a bunch on of money issues are eased. Disasi is another move that made 0 sense. Wasn't really a fan of going big on Mudryk or Madueke.

And on top of the big 1st team spending, they've gone huge in prospect spending, which seems like conflicting strategies.
That’s just who Chelsea are. That’s what they do

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I know you repeat this, but that was never the case in the Roman era, no where near this extent.
Sure it was. Chelsea under Roman loved buying marquee players, especially from abroad, at all costs. There just wasn’t FFP then so he didn’t have to sell as much; but Chelsea was still trying to win back pages. Which is fine but I have no ideas why you are trying to pretend this didn’t happen

Even without new buys, not getting any european income next year would make things very tight just on their own.
Honestly if I was a PL team especially, I would just refuse to bail them out of this. They must be at/or nearing point deduction territory to be considering this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad