Transfer: 2024 Winter Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Dragusin is only better when they're 3 at the back because he likes to take the ball out for a spin aka Sheffield United in their first season back in the Premier League (O'Donnell it was maybe?) Defensively I'd say he plays the same in both formations. Not Spurs starting level quality for me, but maybe he'll get there. Best defender in the air this year in Serie A so he should probably start against teams who play big center forwards.

He is a player who could be interesting, but to say that he is the best defender in Serie A so far means not watching many games. I think that up to now the one that is doing best is Buongiorno, but there are several that are doing well, but it is too early to say, I would say that the conclusions will be drawn at the end of the year.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
He is a player who could be interesting, but to say that he is the best defender in Serie A so far means not watching many games. I think that up to now the one that is doing best is Buongiorno, but there are several that are doing well, but it is too early to say, I would say that the conclusions will be drawn at the end of the year.
I said in the air, not overall. He's won the most aerial duels.

Reactions: Incubajerks

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Romano says that Arsenal wants de Ligt, but it will have to wait until summer to get it done.

Brentford isn't moving off their 80 million pound valuation for Toney. I very much like Ivan, but that is at least a 30 to 40 million overpay. I don't blame the Bees though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
LFC have a healthy left back on the roster!

They have recalled Owen Beck from his loan at Dundee.

Supposedly was having a great year in Scotland and player of year caliber season for Dundee (similar to Conor Bradley’s Bolton loan). Still very much a bandaid though. I’d imagine he plays the FA Cup game that LFC aren’t going to be too arsed about but he isn’t going to be a threat to play in the league unless Joe Gomez explodes; and if we know anything from Klopp, we know he is going to ride Gomez like Seabiscuit until Robertson is healthy so he very well could get hurt.

Saw the Ko Itakura link today. It’s a weird one. Obviously he won’t be able to cover CB in January while he is at the Asia Cup with Endo. Also don’t really think he is profile that they go for at CB; but would be very hard to complain about adding him. The CB that probably fits their profile best (that might be gettable) is a guy like Pavlovic at Salzburg; (if they go abroad) but either way would be good to get a body in.

Fabinho and Bobby Firmino at Anfield today, let’s go bring him back too.

Itakura is also a very good 6.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Itakura is also a very good 6.
I am sure he is, but does he want to back up his national team captain at 6 and be 4th choice CB? Hard to say. With Japan at Asia Cup it doesn’t help cover Endo in January either.

I wouldn’t say no, but he’s not someone that would be on my radar.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I mean, Yoro would be amazing but (rightfully or wrongfullly) we aren’t paying 90m

I think Yoro is great but we aren’t going to give him the minutes Lille has so might be tough to keep him on that same trajectory without as many games
Yay! 90M, that is more than VVD. The player he is compared to : Raphael Varane was sold for 11M. Inflation is crazy these days :laugh:

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
not a fan of dragusin being my spurs target think he will be a flop surely theres better targets we could aim for.. need 2 cbs and a striker.. no idea why we linked to connor from chelsea... levy to cheap though so it will be 1 cb and probs connor meh

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Supposedly LFC’s CB cover is going to be Nat Phillips, who is back from his loan at Celtic (which by all accounts is underwhelming).

It’s going to be a long January if the incomings are just loan returns/recalls that we already know aren’t going to move the needle. Really disappointing when you can make a title run with some initiative this month

Rhys Williams back from loan too. He’ll probably go back out like Carvalho

Doesn‘t get talked about enough that LFC got top 4 with a Phillips-Williams CB pairing

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
not a fan of dragusin being my spurs target think he will be a flop surely theres better targets we could aim for.. need 2 cbs and a striker.. no idea why we linked to connor from chelsea... levy to cheap though so it will be 1 cb and probs connor meh
Why do you think he will flop?

One centre back is enough. Anything beyond Romero, VDV, the third option we bring in and Davies is overkill.

If Spurs want an attacker it will probably just be a depth loan to cover for injuries.

You seem to generally have awfully high expectations for January transfer windows.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Kehrer is going to Monaco on loan - option to buy €10M.

Also Lyon want Benrahma - West Ham want €23M. We’d scam them at that price.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Kehrer is going to Monaco on loan - option to buy €10M.

Also Lyon want Benrahma - West Ham want €23M. We’d scam them at that price.
It’s not happening but so many people among the LFC contingent think Bowen is the missing piece. Would cost stupid money and probably wouldn’t be a great move for Bowen either ahead of the Euros, but a lot of people think he is the answer.

if they can’t get Bowen next best thing would be a guy like Mbeumo and just tell Brentford to keep Toney until the summer. Or maybe get Toney. I think it would be clever though to get a forward from Brentford to take them off the board for everyone else

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Why do you think he will flop?

One centre back is enough. Anything beyond Romero, VDV, the third option we bring in and Davies is overkill.

If Spurs want an attacker it will probably just be a depth loan to cover for injuries.

You seem to generally have awfully high expectations for January transfer windows.
upgrade on davies for 4th option is needed.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
It’s not happening but so many people among the LFC contingent think Bowen is the missing piece. Would cost stupid money and probably wouldn’t be a great move for Bowen either ahead of the Euros, but a lot of people think he is the answer.

if they can’t get Bowen next best thing would be a guy like Mbeumo and just tell Brentford to keep Toney until the summer. Or maybe get Toney. I think it would be clever though to get a forward from Brentford to take them off the board for everyone else
No chance. What would even be the plan? To play him at striker? Obviously he wouldn’t see the pitch at wing with Salah there.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No chance. What would even be the plan? To play him at striker? Obviously he wouldn’t see the pitch at wing with Salah there.
Probably 12th man? Klopp might find some room though. A lot of 442 adjacent stuff this year too. Club needs another finisher. As I said Bowen is a great fit for LFC, but Bowen would be kind of crazy to leave, especially before the Euros. I wouldn’t go in January if I was him. Just thought it was interesting how popular he is as a solution here

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Probably 12th man? Klopp might find some room though. A lot of 442 adjacent stuff this year too. Club needs another finisher. As I said Bowen is a great fit for LFC, but Bowen would be kind of crazy to leave, especially before the Euros. I wouldn’t go in January if I was him. Just thought it was interesting how popular he is as a solution here
There had been links in the past, some murmurs in the summer when Salah and the Saudis were a thing. As I recall, a lot of Liverpool supporters were slagging the idea at the time…

He’s definitely a finisher, even being played out of position at striker and having to defend 90% of the match. I don’t like him in this system up top under Moyes because he’s chasing nothing most of the time, but I actually think the way Liverpool press he can do that job well with his work rate. But yeah, not happening, certainly not in January, and not sure why Liverpool would target a going on 28-year-old at the price West Ham would need to sell.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
There had been links in the past, some murmurs in the summer when Salah and the Saudis were a thing. As I recall, a lot of Liverpool supporters were slagging the idea at the time…

He’s definitely a finisher, even being played out of position at striker and having to defend 90% of the match. I don’t like him in this system up top under Moyes because he’s chasing nothing most of the time, but I actually think the way Liverpool press he can do that job well with his work rate. But yeah, not happening, certainly not in January, and not sure why Liverpool would target a going on 28-year-old at the price West Ham would need to sell.
The fact that he is HG doesn’t hurt. I think the logic is that he is such a good fit for the playstyle, they over look age/fee/etc. I’d probably go Mbeumo instead if it was up to me all things considered (if no Bowen) but yeah, Bowen has won over the naysayers for sure.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
As previously indicated, Chelsea officially recall Andrey Santos from an illfated time at Forest. We’re at our max of international loans, so would need to bring someone home to send him abroad.

would not hate at all if he got minutes against Preston and Boro to see if he can stick. Ugochukwu so far has been made of glass.

Reactions: Blender

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I am sure he is, but does he want to back up his national team captain at 6 and be 4th choice CB? Hard to say. With Japan at Asia Cup it doesn’t help cover Endo in January either.

I wouldn’t say no, but he’s not someone that would be on my radar.

Not arguing for it, just adding a bit about Itakura...who I rate more than Endo.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not arguing for it, just adding a bit about Itakura...who I rate more than Endo.
I mean if he was better than Endo, I’d be thrilled. Endo had a rough start, but he’s been very good recently. Horrible that he has to go to the Asia Cup right now. Itakura is good, just think it would be a very weird fit. I would not say no to him though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad