Transfer: 2024 Winter Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Frendrup is an interesting DM. I've seen almost all his matches at Genoa this year, might be a good match with Klopp.
I really like the fit as well, but weirdly don’t think they need a midfielder at the moment? At least not as much as a defender or forward. Itakura can do both D and M so thank makes sense from a coverage despite not being able to use him until February. Frendrup I think would kind of shift Harvey Elliott to RW, and I really am not a fan of that either but we will see

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Sancho's loan to Dortmund is apparently without a buy option. Given that he essentially hasn't played at all this season I don't know what kind of impact you can expect him to make...

A left back is a must though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I mean if he was better than Endo, I’d be thrilled. Endo had a rough start, but he’s been very good recently. Horrible that he has to go to the Asia Cup right now. Itakura is good, just think it would be a very weird fit. I would not say no to him though

They're both good players, but yeah I like Ko more.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I'm happy with it. Cover until the summer. But Spurs really need an attacking overhaul then.

- Who knows when Son regresses.

- Johnson and Richarlison are being relied upon too much. Club should consider cashing in what they can on Richarlison.

- Perisic is out of contract.

- Bryan Gil is putrid.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I guess. I just think it’s weird considering he hasn’t played a ton there. I get it from spurs and not having a lot of money, but from his standpoint it’s kinda weird

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I guess. I just think it’s weird considering he hasn’t played a ton there. I get it from spurs and not having a lot of money, but from his standpoint it’s kinda weird
I don't think it has to do with money. They only need temporary cover as soon as possible. And this deal seems quick and easy compared to signing a player permanently.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I don't think it has to do with money. They only need temporary cover as soon as possible. And this deal seems quick and easy compared to signing a player permanently.
Signing a player permanently also requires some level of analysis of what you need long term and how he fits in.

That’s always tough to do, but is even tougher in a January window.

Getting a guy on loan you’re not super worried about how his style fits into your long term system plans, you’re just trying to plug a hole short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad