OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Question for everyone on this forum:

You are offered a trade for Jayden Daniels.
Daniel Jones
Jalen Hurts
Dak Prescott

I don't think I'm doing any of those trades.

Lamar Jackson straight up. Do you do it?

Nope to all. Mahomes is the only name which gets me to answer the phone. Maybe Allen?

Last edited:

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
No to all. JD is a cost-controlled rookie phenom with unknown ceiling. His mental game seems to be Modok level.

My biggest fear used to be him getting injured, but he's been better at protecting himself the last couple weeks.

Now my biggest fear is that he might want to leave at some point. I'm having nightmares about what he said on Sharpe's show when they tried like hell to get him to admit how badly he wanted to be in California or Vegas. So I'm all-in now on how badly we need to build around him, get the stadium deal done, rebrand to something cool, keep/get coaches that he likes, and fix everything remotely needing fixing about this franchise.

I don't want him looking for greener pastures. I want him to be a healthy DC lifer like Darrell. Unless he turns into a douche, in which case I'll want him to be a healthy DC lifer whose momma whoops his ass when necessary.

FYI: I was listening to Rich Eisen while writing this. He says JD's completion percentage over these 4 games is the highest in NFL history. Not for a rookie, and not specifically the first 4 games of a season. The highest of any QB in any 4-game stretch, ever.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Question for everyone on this forum:

You are offered a trade for Jayden Daniels.
Daniel Jones
Jalen Hurts
Dak Prescott

I don't think I'm doing any of those trades.

Lamar Jackson straight up. Do you do it?
No. DJ is ass (except against us.) Hurts is JD if JD didn't know how to read a defense. Dak is old(ish), expensive, and screws the pooch in the playoffs. LJ is a closer thing, but at his best, he's not a better than JD is right now, and JD is improving weekly. He's also older and more expensive, but at least has real accomplishment (though too little playoff success.)

I'll stick with the record-setting rookie on the cheap contract with the unreal skill-set, maniacal dedication and growing confidence.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Daniels has vindicated me on one of the biggest selling points I was arguing in his favor before the draft: he is so ****ing coach able-- he doesn't just accept it, he feeds on it.

He left ASU for LSU to challenge himself and grow his game against stronger competition. There was little question in my mind that he would thrive with the step up to the next level, and he has in spades.

The first 2 games he was hesitant to make risky throws, was too quick to pull it down and take off, and was too reckless in his runs.

In the 2 games since, he has looked infinitely more calm, comfortable in the pocket, and in command of the offense.

I expected JD to step up and meet the challenge. I did not expect him to show this level of growth, improvement and poise in the first freaking month of his career.

Reactions: kicksavedave

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad