OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Isn't it pretty rare to trade for someone who got the franchise tag?
Have found 5 instances:
Y. Ngakoue, Jags -- traded to MIN
J. Clowney, Texans -- traded to SEA
F. Clark, SEA -- traded to KC
D. Ford, KC -- traded to SF
J. Landry, MIA -- traded to CLE

Seems Clowney and Ford were tagged specifically with the intent of trading them.

So, on its face, tagging doesn't preclude trading a guy. In Sneed's case, sounds like he wants a trade if his team and KC can't reach a deal. He's not the only guy they could use PM savings on, but it makes sense that they'll at least try.

If they can’t get sneed maybe they could still trade for higgins/aiyuk
Would love to see if they could make something happen with either of those guys.

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
The cowboy fandom on twitter right now is a gold mine

1710295736445.png

• Haha
Reactions: ynotcaps

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009

I really, really don't like this aspect of the NFL.

Teams essentially colluding with players they signed to change the values on contracts they signed to free up cap space they were once fine spending is stupid. Restructuring is the NHL LTIR loophole only I hate it way more, because it doesn't "rely" on luck or happenstance, they just get to rearrange promises they were totally fine making not long ago.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I really, really don't like this aspect of the NFL.

Teams essentially colluding with players they signed to change the values on contracts they signed to free up cap space they were once fine spending is stupid. Restructuring is the NHL LTIR loophole only I hate it way more, because it doesn't "rely" on luck or happenstance, they just get to rearrange promises they were totally fine making not long ago.
This is because the NFL doesn't have guaranteed contracts compared to the the other three pro sports..

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
This is because the NFL doesn't have guaranteed contracts compared to the the other three pro sports..
I know, I get that it's a different landscape overall, I just don't like how it is to follow as a fan. The amount of times we'd, as hard cap/guaranteed contract fans go "ooh, this team is buying into a window" and licking our chops is also an interesting part of the game.

Going "ooh, they're doing a- oh, never mind, the QB restructured his deal again and they're totally fine" over and over is not satisfying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad