OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don't see any other way to look at "we were out schemed" than to say the defensive game plan was inadequate. I guess we can all see what we want to see. Read the yahoo article I added... the author adds their own commentary that "Parsons appeared to blame the scheme of defensive coordinator Dan Quinn for not being prepared and not using him more at linebacker in a game in which the Cowboys couldn’t stop the run or the pass." so its not like I'm the only one coming to this conclusion.

No you're not, but I don't see it as a slam of DQ so much as a personal defense.

Reactions: kicksavedave

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Parsons could be a player to keep an eye on. Dak could put them in cap hell if he doesnt take a discount. Dak will be true free agent and cannot be franchised again. And has a full NTC
Same with CD Lamb hes going to be a top paid WR in the league when he signs

Reactions: Ridley Simon

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I don't see any other way to look at "we were out schemed" than to say the defensive game plan was inadequate. I guess we can all see what we want to see. Read the yahoo article I added... the author adds their own commentary that "Parsons appeared to blame the scheme of defensive coordinator Dan Quinn for not being prepared and not using him more at linebacker in a game in which the Cowboys couldn’t stop the run or the pass." so its not like I'm the only one coming to this conclusion.
There's a version of that statement that isn't a jab, though.

Like, you lose a game, there's probably going to be a reason. If you have the right schemes you say "we had plays to make and we didn't make them", but if the other team's coaching just has you by the scruff of the neck you got out-schemed. That sucks but in an isolated game it's okay, occasionally someone's going to figure out a way to plan for your bread and butter. Learn a lesson and adapt for next time, this is messy chess and it's not perfect but you can always develop more contingency plans.

It's just detailing how they got smacked. I think based on the way that game played out, LaFleur (who isn't a slouch) kept having answers for their wrinkles while Jones just bumrushed them every once in a while to reset the possibilities of the offense. Green Bay played great and had an amazing scripted first half, but it doesn't mean the cracks can't be mended. Players and coaches can have bad games and bad matchups, it's not the end of a career or a sign a guy is washed every time.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
It’s definitely an interesting hire. Plus there is intelligence to the roles: let Quinn handle leadership, Kliff can focus more on Xs and Os and developing the QB. It suits their respective strengths.

Now all they need are some players …and some luck.

Reactions: ynotcaps and Roric

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Daniels and Kliff could be pretty intriguing.

I like it. The more I look at them the more Daniels dual threat playmaking ability impresses me.

Heck even Kyler in his best days was a video game character for many years. We had that for a year with RG3.

Reactions: ynotcaps

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
There is one good aspect to hiring KK... they almost cannot mess up the CW thing now. They have the best scouting report on him possible. I still hope we don't trade anything for him, but if he falls to us and we take him, it will be clear there is a vote from KK that he's the guy. I still think DM is better suited to run KKs offense, but I like having the knowledge on CW inside the building.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I think it’s time that the “Negative Dan Quinn” group stood up, and chilled out. And I say, as one of them. I didn’t want Quinn. Not my flavour. At all.

BUT, I could have easily misread the situation. Let’s take a step back and discuss that’s actually happened:

New Owner
New GM (renowned as a top “get”)
New Coach (lots of ppl love him, coached an SB, true leader and currently “with it”)
New OC (top offensive mind that wants to prove himself)
2nd pick OA; 6 top 102 picks
90-100m cap space.
????

So much GOOD there. And I know the whole “winning off the field” crap — this isn’t the same.

It just isn’t.

Let’s GOOOOO!!!!!!

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
1707102508028.jpeg

Already making a SB with Kingsbury!

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I think it’s time that the “Negative Dan Quinn” group stood up, and chilled out. And I say, as one of them. I didn’t want Quinn. Not my flavour. At all.

BUT, I could have easily misread the situation. Let’s take a step back and discuss that’s actually happened:

New Owner
New Coach (lots of ppl love him, coached an SB, true leader and currently “with it”)
90-100m cap space.
????

So much GOOD there. And I know the whole “winning off the field” crap — this isn’t the same.

It just isn’t.

Let’s GOOOOO!!!!!!
Listening to Keim talk to Atlanta beat writers about Quinn last week. He said Quinn faded late without Shanahan. Also an interesting note...Quinn wanted and was given more power after. Maybe he has learned his lesson and will stick to being a coach.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

New Owner
90-100m cap space.
????

It just isn’t.

Let’s GOOOOO!!!!!!

Right, I just can't get too committed to the idea that he's Ron II. Ron was cruising in on a string of ugly disappointment and bringing along the people who helped him fail while getting too much power over stuff he should not control.

Quinn is coming in off success as far as I can tell. Like I said, maybe low ceiling. But high floor.

I basically never get to watch the Cardinals. They have to be the team I see the least of, for years. I have no opinion. I don't know a thing.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC

New Owner
90-100m cap space.
????

It just isn’t.

Let’s GOOOOO!!!!!!
No one has coached one game yet but it’s wait-and-see for the entire new group we got, and let’s see what we have

And yes, I was one of the more upset ones about the coaching hires and getting burned by B.J.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
You told me one year ago I’d be sitting here with a new owner. Dan Snyder was gone and we get one of the top two pics in the best quarterback draft in over a decade.

• Love

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Daniels and Kliff could be pretty intriguing.

I like it. The more I look at them the more Daniels dual threat playmaking ability impresses me.

Heck even Kyler in his best days was a video game character for many years. We had that for a year with RG3.
Finish the thought…

… for one year because he didn’t have an NFL build and didn’t know how to protect himself.

Which sounds a lot like, who?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad