OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Thats a pass from me. Thats expensive

I'm not sure I would trade anything for CW, and the idea of KK and CW reunited spells an offense which doesn't operate as it should. It never did in USC. Why would it here? CW is an off script improviser. Combining him with the coach that let him do that spells disaster to me.

I'd much rather have KK, Drake Maye, and all that extra draft capital. Truth is DM is much more of a KK type of QB than CW is.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I'm not sure I would trade anything for CW, and the idea of KK and CW reunited spells an offense which doesn't operate as it should. It never did in USC. Why would it here? CW is an off script improviser. Combining him with the coach that let him do that spells disaster to me.

I'd much rather have KK, Drake Maye, and all that extra draft capital. Truth is DM is much more of a KK type of QB than CW is.
In a little wary of Kingsbury. He tried to push the envelope in AZ and they ultimately ran a lot of creative junk that doesn’t really fly at the NFL level.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Not great…

NFL Rumors: Ben Johnson Saw Commanders Execs as 'Basketball Guys,' Was 'Turned Off'

ESPN's Jenna Laine provided more background for the Washington decision and noted Johnson was "turned off" by the team's ownership, which he viewed as "basketball guys" who were "a little too confident in their football opinions."

Reactions: Corby78

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Not great…

NFL Rumors: Ben Johnson Saw Commanders Execs as 'Basketball Guys,' Was 'Turned Off'

ESPN's Jenna Laine provided more background for the Washington decision and noted Johnson was "turned off" by the team's ownership, which he viewed as "basketball guys" who were "a little too confident in their football opinions."
Meh.

What else is he going to say? “I got cold feet and was sheltering myself?”

Didn’t you post the “Johnson….only wanted Chargers job…. Etc etc”? Maybe that was someone else.

I am over Brian Johnson.

And thankfully we won’t have to ever say HCBJ or Coach BJ or simply BJ ….or anything of the sort.

So that’s a win?

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

Not great…

Interesting, no information whatsoever on why he turned down the Seahawks but the ‘skins basketball guys were too confident in their football ideas. I guess Peters wasn’t involved in any of those discussions, which makes all the sense in the world…

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Not great…

That's a weird he/she said type of thing. Is he making excuses?

Were the owners actually in the meeting talking incessantly about their NBA ownership strategies and that "turned him off" for some reason?

Did he think he was going to be forced to run the WFT like the 76ers or Clippers or Lakers?

Or is this code for "they wanted to tank for 3yrs to build up draft picks like they did in Philly and I'm not down with that, I was just in the friggin NFC championship game ffs"?

Either way, he was clearly not all-in so f*** him.

As for Quinn, he sounds like a good candidate to be a solid .500 coach or better here but I'm still wary of all the praise heaped on DAL defense last year, as their SOS was weak af for most of the year. We'll see.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Officially tired of hearing about Ben Johnson. His camp loves to talk.

In more relevant news, here is a cool clip from Micah Parsons at the Pro Bowl talking about Dan Quinn. #Micah2DC2026

Reactions: TCB

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

In more relevant news, here is a cool clip from Micah Parsons at the Pro Bowl talking about Dan Quinn. #Micah2DC2026

I don't care about BJ and never have, so this stuff is only relevant to me in sussing out what Ownership's mentality is.

Parsons really seems to love DQ. Could use him in DC.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020

Interesting to hear from someone who apparently just threw DQ under the bus after the packers game

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Parsons? Do you have the sound bite for that? Genuinely curious to hear / read it because he’s been nothing but effusive in praising Quinn from everything I read.

In this article he trashes the coaches, game planning and play calling. Its behind an add blocker stopper so it may not be easy to view.

Better link:

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

In this article he trashes the coaches, game planning and play calling. Its behind an add blocker stopper so it may not be easy to view.
Doesn't really seem like him stabbing Quinn in the back or anything. He was asked why he wasn't playing LB and he answered the question truthfully:

1707070775136.png

Seems more like him answering questions about his own lack of impact and how he performed, and giving credit to the other team, vs going barrels blasting at the coaches.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Doesn't really seem like him stabbing Quinn in the back or anything. He was asked why he wasn't playing LB and he answered the question truthfully:

View attachment 814625

Seems more like him answering questions about his own lack of impact and how he performed, and giving credit to the other team, vs going barrels blasting at the coaches.

I don't see any other way to look at "we were out schemed" than to say the defensive game plan was inadequate. I guess we can all see what we want to see. Read the yahoo article I added... the author adds their own commentary that "Parsons appeared to blame the scheme of defensive coordinator Dan Quinn for not being prepared and not using him more at linebacker in a game in which the Cowboys couldn’t stop the run or the pass." so its not like I'm the only one coming to this conclusion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad