OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I've also read Shefter was a Snyder guy and has little to no insiders left in DC now. He's the only one reporting this though, makes you wonder.

Reactions: usiel

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
I've also read Shefter was a Snyder guy and has little to no insiders left in DC now. He's the only one reporting this though, makes you wonder.
This could all be optics around the Rooney Rule too. You need to interview two external guys in-person. Raheem Morris was one, but EB didn’t count as the second. So, Aaron Glenn tomorrow would then satisfy the Rule.

Reactions: usiel

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
This could all be optics around the Rooney Rule too. You need to interview two external guys in-person. Raheem Morris was one, but EB didn’t count as the second. So, Aaron Glenn tomorrow would then satisfy the Rule.
Yeah would not be surprised about this optic so there could be a hard push back to not appear to have favorites before all get in person.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Commanders officials are in Detroit to meet with Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson and defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn.

Per ESPN's John Keim, many in the NFL have "long anticipated" Johnson landing the Washington job, but it is "not a foregone conclusion," as Seattle also has interest.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Doing some research on edge rushers and apparently Brian Burns is higher up on ESPN's rankings than Chase Young who is like #15 in the list of top free agents

so yeah if you can upgrade do it

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
not sure if they interviewed slowik twice or not but hype has died down on him too. He would have been my second choice

1706637625156.png

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
All in on daniels now. Only thing swaying maye for me was pairing him with johnson

Man this sucks. Mike Mac is still available though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad