OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
The team that Peters helped draft and scout, heading to the SB again.

Hoping we can have that kind of impact in the league soon.

Reactions: ynotcaps

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I’d be furious if I was a teammate and saw that…

He’s not really great….

His last two years have been great. The Ben Johnson years :D

Career stats
Year
Year
Team
Team
CMP%
Completions percentage
YDS
Passing yards
TD
Passing touchdowns
INT
Interceptions thrown
Rating
Passer rating
2023Lions67.34,575301297.9
2022Lions65.14,43829799.3

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Eff Greg Olson and his "the numbers bear it out" garbage on leaving six points on the field, turning into scoring two scoring drives for SF, and letting momentum shift entirely away from you.

Dan Campbell is a great motivator and a shit situational coach. He learned nothing from the DAL game, and I promise you, he's going to give it the "no regrets -- that's who we are, that's what we're gonna' do, always" retort.

ETA: This feels like it was DET's best shot. Hard to see them being better next year when Johnson's HC in WAS and Jared Goff presumably turning back into Jared Goff. Feel bad for those fans.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Did not like that HC call on not kicking a field goal. Regular season is one thing but bank the points in the playoffs.

SF had the puck luck today. Plus the ridiculous drops by Lions receivers.

Not rooting for SF in the SB.

ChaosLord

Jan 16, 2010
That brutal 2nd half will haunt Lions fans for a long time. How can you see a 17 point lead evaporate in 1 quarter.

ChaosLord

Jan 16, 2010
ETA: This feels like it was DET's best shot. Hard to see them being better next year when Johnson's HC in WAS and Jared Goff presumably turning back into Jared Goff. Feel bad for those fans.

Both the Bengals (in the SB vs the Rams a couple of years ago) and Eagles (in the SB last year) vowed to be back. And what happened to them. The Lions had their shot, and will now fade into obscurity.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Reactions: usiel

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
2nd QB taken in 2017, 10th overall, behind Trubiski at 2 overall. KC traded two firsts (27th overall in 2017 and their 2018 1st) and a third in 2017 to move way up to draft him.

The same draft, Chicago traded a 3 overall plus a a 3rd and 4th and a 3rd the next year to move up one single spot to draft Trubiski, who was a bust.

Point is, when you identify the QB you think will lead your franchise, you pay the price for him. Sometimes it works, sometimes its a bust. Need smart people making this decision. Glad we have one, lets hope he gets it right.

I think the whole Ravens choked big time. So many bad penalties, bad turnovers. Very un clutch play overall.
Yea, this is why I’m not too keen on the trade down scenarios. It’s nice to get extra picks of course, but taking Alt/Fashanu, while hoping QB5/6 is available in the 2nd round is too risky.

Going from QB2 to QB6 isn’t like going from OL2 to OL6. Each QB can represent a distinctly different vision and direction for the franchise. So, as you said, once you identify your guy, then you do what is needed to get him.

Which in this year’s draft could even include trading up for Caleb Williams. I wouldn’t be at all opposed to that, as he has rare arm talent, and some Mahomes magic of his own.

Obviously, examples like Purdy show that no one really knows anything projecting these QBs, but you take your best shot when given a golden ticket such as 2OA.

Last edited:
Reactions: kicksavedave

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Plus the ridiculous drops by Lions receivers.
Those drops didn’t start happening until the first time the went for it on 4th and short instead of kicking the field goal and didn’t get it.

That decision completely changed the momentum of the game and the Lions offense definitely felt the pressure and started making mistakes they weren’t making beforehand, for the most part.

Campbell’s dumbass calls completely upped the pressure on his players and they wilted under it. Being a slave to analytics is absurd. Every situation is different so you have to be able to read the room. Not taking those points last night meant something completely different than in some comparatively meaningless regular season scenario. This was for a chance to go to the God damn Super Bowl for God’s sake.

Reactions: kicksavedave

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
If I'm a Lions fan, I'm not sure I get out of bed this morning.
I’d be telling myself this is just the beginning and we’ve got another chance next year with a good, young team coming back and all that self-cope stuff but in my gut I’d be worried that we just blew the best opportunity we’ve ever had and may have again for the foreseeable future.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I’d be telling myself this is just the beginning and we’ve got another chance next year with a good, young team coming back and all that self-cope stuff but in my gut I’d be worried that we just blew the best opportunity we’ve ever had and may have again for the foreseeable future.
They have great young talent but the issue they might face is the dismantling of their coaching staff, obviously.

That said there's no reason they can't cobble together another good crew and go deep again while they have all those stud rookies. Goff seems like an old veteran by now but the dude is 29 and probably has a few more really good years in him if the O-line keeps it up. He's playing better than ever.

Their problem is going to be the competition in the division and how those teams adjust, probably ranked here in order of threat...

-GB are on the upswing just like DET (if their D can get a grip). Good chance they and DET make the playoffs again next season.
-CHI maybe a standings disaster now but they could turn it around in a few years.
-MIN probably needs a rebuild and Cousins is a big question mark.

If their new OC can keep mixing things up with that balanced attack that made them so dangerous they'll compete.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad