OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
They've interviewed 8 guys and requested a second interview with four of them.... And none of them are Bill Belicik. He's not on their radar at all, the media was always full of shit on this rumor. 🤣
Some of those 8 got jobs, right? Morris did. Sounds like Quinn as well. Anyone else? Not Canales, not Pierce, not Mayo, not Harbaugh, not Callahan…..that’s all of them.

I think MacDonald is still a very real option. Between him and Johnson.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

1706270731351.png

tl;dr and doing so quickly despite BB being 72, and having decades to build his structure in NE, with no such window at any other club. Not to mention with ATL there is a GM/Owner relationship that can't be broken.

Harris hiring Peters means there's no chance in hell BB gets what he wants in DC, if they even ever considered him. The article says BB only interviewed with ATL.

And I doubt SEA takes out Carroll and slips in BB but you never know. I suspect they want to go with the "young former player rabble rouser" trend that's taking over the league.

Reactions: ynotcaps

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

3rd interview for Dan Quinn…

Last edited:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

3rd interview for Dan Campbell…

You mean Dan Quinn? He's at the bottom of the list for me. I'd take Johnson (1st), or either of the Ravens guys, the lions DC or Slowik, before Quinn.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
He’s been the DC for a division rival for a few seasons… not a bad idea to pick his brain. I think there’s no chance they take Quinn over Johnson but maybe they bring Quinn on as assistant HC and defensive coordinator if Quinn doesn’t want to go back to a lame duck coach in McCarthy.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002

3rd interview for Dan Quinn…

I don’t want Quinn. Like he’s literally the last guy I’d want. 3rd interview bothers me…..a lot. Will take some of the bloom off of the beautiful Peters rose that I think so warmly about.

Hopefully it’s a screen. Let Seattle hire him.

Since Harbaugh is gone, it’s Johnson/MacDonald train for me. One of those 2, I don’t really care which (get a vet DC for Johnson — Wink? — and a vet OC for MacDonald — EB??!!!!!?).

Don’t screw around, Adam.

• Love
Reactions: TCB

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He’s been the DC for a division rival for a few seasons… not a bad idea to pick his brain. I think there’s no chance they take Quinn over Johnson but maybe they bring Quinn on as assistant HC and defensive coordinator if Quinn doesn’t want to go back to a lame duck coach in McCarthy.
Would be pretty damning for MCcarthy if Quinn left for anything less than a HC job.

Quinn would not be my preference either.

I don’t want Quinn. Like he’s literally the last guy I’d want. 3rd interview bothers me…..a lot. Will take some of the bloom off of the beautiful Peters rose that I think so warmly about.

Hopefully it’s a screen. Let Seattle hire him.

Since Harbaugh is gone, it’s Johnson/MacDonald train for me. One of those 2, I don’t really care which (get a vet DC for Johnson — Wink? — and a vet OC for MacDonald — EB??!!!!!?).

Don’t screw around, Adam.
I mean, Ben Johnson must not be in the bag if they’re continuing the process. I’d certainly feel more comfortable if we knew other 2nd/3rd interviews were ongoing.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I can’t believe the Ravens are back to being SB contenders like that. I couldn’t even imagine getting ready to watch the squad in a NFC championship game. Why did my parents have to be Redskins fans

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
I can’t believe the Ravens are back to being SB contenders like that. I couldn’t even imagine getting ready to watch the squad in a NFC championship game. Why did my parents have to be Redskins fans
Lucky for me the one parent I hated was a huge redskins fan. Also I loved the aquarium.

• Wow
Reactions: kicksavedave

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Ravens cut prices on many items in their stadium...including 7 dollar beers. Meanwhile it costs f***ing 16 dollars for a beer at FedEx. Josh has some lessons to learn lol

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I was in the maye camp but the more I hear about Daniels and his better accuracy I wouldn't mind him either

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Not too worried about the Quinn smoke -- clarification that it's a second interview helps, but also the fact that we're on hold to get in-persons with any of the (presumably) front contenders until they're done. Maybe gives us a bit of leverage to at least stay active rather than looking like we're waiting at the altar.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
reiterate if Johnson is still looking and they hire Quinn it will be extremely disappointing but whoever the front office hires will be in sync with ownership and the football side... and that is something that has not been seen in DC in a very long time.

so essentially anyone they hire as head coach is a win.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
reiterate if Johnson is still looking and they hire Quinn it will be extremely disappointing but whoever the front office hires will be in sync with ownership and the football side... and that is something that has not been seen in DC in a very long time.

Yeaaaaah no, gonna disagree with that last sentence.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007

Can’t get much worse…

Reactions: John Price

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
They're not being interviewed

Quinn wouldn't be my first choice but basically if Peter's likes him that's fine with me
As I stated above, I don’t want Quinn — like At All. But there are far worse people out there, is my point.

And he’s as good as Morris or Flores or Weaver, etc IMO.

It was Harbaugh

Then Johnson, MacDonald

Then Slowik

Then Belichick, Carroll

Then everyone else

For this poster, at least

Reactions: TCB and max21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad