OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Biggest offseason move was probably prying Kliff once he shafted the Raiders. Huge offensive weapon and already has better potential than Bieniemy.

I can't wait to watch the first team offense in the regular season

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Didn't see the game, only the clips here. Nice play by the TE...in a playoff game. Get down on the turf in preseason.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Love that JD did what he needed in one series; the fact that he read the D and checked out of the called play on the bomb is awesome on its own, but add that he nailed the throw -- putting it to the outside, the only place the WR could catch it with the CB covering him like a blanket.

Sounds like Sainristil showed in the game what he showed in the joint practice -- that he's already a starter at the Star.

Great dude play by Sinnott. Totally disagree that he should have gone down easy -- new players, new staff, new energy, play to beat the shit out of the other guys.

Really hoping our OTs are ready to go by next week's game, we need to have the full OL working together as much as possible to get cohesive.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

This kid's smart, has poise and awareness, audibled out of the called play to call that deep ball to Dyami...yes I know he hasn't played a full game yet but already the hype is off the charts

Reactions: ynotcaps and Jags

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
yes I know he hasn't played a full game yet but already the hype is off the charts

Definitely a great pass, excited about it in the moment, shared the vid with my dad who was watching soccer, talked about it a bit later when I saw him...

Now it's two days later and we're still drilling down on it for nuance and context...

Hype is right. It was one throw. Let's all take a breath. It's like that Eddie Murphy bit -- When you're starving and someone throws you a cracker, that'll be the best cracker you ever had in your life. It's a Saltine, but you'll swear it's a Ritz.

We're as starved for a great QB as any team in the league. And look, I think he's a Ritz, too. No question in my mind. It's still just the one cracker though. We're paying for a 5-year supply.

We thought we had a Ritz a few years back and the NFL took him and said...

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Bryant, 32, had 14 touchdown receptions in his first two seasons after the Pittsburgh Steelers selected him in the fourth round of the 2014 draft. However, the NFL suspended him for the 2016 season due to his violation of the league’s substance abuse policy. After two more seasons, including one with the Raiders, Bryant received an indefinite suspension for another violation in 2018, one year before Washington drafted four-time 1,000-yard receiver Terry McLaurin.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I dont' really mind Bryant being here, he was on the PS for Dallas last year and Quinn obviously knows him

I doubt he will see any serious time on the field or even start

Not a great start….surgery already…
This sucks to hear as a Michigan fan. :(

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006

Not a great start….surgery already…
That seriously sucks. Glad it's not an ACL -- hope he's not out too long.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad