OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Bro…..how do you draft that in the 1st…..RR the gift that keeps on giving….

I think most of us wanted/assumed we'd take Gonzalez since he dropped to us BUT 77% of fans on Hogs Haven gave the Forbes pick a A or B after last years draft.

Its what we fans do. Love the honeymoon stage, swear our undying love ... then when things dont pan out, we act like we were never really into them anyway.

Funny stuff.

Hearing the same things now about Peters/Harris that we heard when Ron came aboard.

Hearing the same stuff now about how practices are so intense compared to prior regime .... when we heard practices were "too intense" last year w EB

Same shit, same cycle ... were just in the honeymoon phase.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I think most of us wanted/assumed we'd take Gonzalez since he dropped to us BUT 77% of fans on Hogs Haven gave the Forbes pick a A or B after last years draft.

Its what we fans do. Love the honeymoon stage, swear our undying love ... then when things dont pan out, we act like we were never really into them anyway.

Funny stuff.

Hearing the same things now about Peters/Harris that we heard when Ron came aboard.

Hearing the same stuff now about how practices are so intense compared to prior regime .... when we heard practices were "too intense" last year w EB

Same shit, same cycle ... were just in the honeymoon phase.
I hated the Forbes pick (wanted Gonzalez).

I hated the Davis pick (wanted JOK of the Browns).

Wasn’t a huge fan of the Dotson pick, but I didn’t hate it. Wanted an OL, but Dotson didnt upset me.

Very happy RR isn’t making picks anymore. MAN. I was def an apologist for him to some extent (reading the old thread), as I thought him a good man and wanted him to succeed.

But I knew those 3 picks were basically all reaches (call a spade a spade), and it’s left this team far behind.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
For guys who often don't even play a full season's worth of games.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
So a - going into - 5th year QB that’s been a starter for 1 season, won exactly 1 playoff game, is now the highest paid QB in NFL history? Makes perfect sense.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Well I think teams just avoiding the Cousins multiple franchise situations and feel they have no choice. Plus if anything of the last several years its a QB league you need at least a half decent one to have some success.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Well I think teams just avoiding the Cousins multiple franchise situations and feel they have no choice. Plus if anything of the last several years its a QB league you need at least a half decent one to have some success.
Hard to argue….if you got a guy….pay him…

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

“Sam Howell is three days into an almost alarmingly inaccurate camp. So far, days before the team puts on full pads, the Washington Commanders’ starter last season is closer to competing with third QB P.J. Walker to be Smith’s backup than he is for any of Smith’s playing time this year.”

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad