Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v6 | Fri, Sept 13 | vs StL | 7pm ET/4pm PT | TBA vs TBA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Have to believe the numbers would say so if you took August only.
If only they played like that for all of July, then maybe it would have been worth "buying" at the trade deadline.

But its funny they only started playing better after they traded all those players away and let the kids play.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
They also don’t steal bases. What an embarrassing group.

Oh no, they tried to bunt.

If you're not executing a safety squeeze are you even an MLB offence at all?

and I laughed so hard at that bunt. I don't know what that was even supposed to accomplish and then it went completely pear-shaped when he popped out to the catcher.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
If the Jays hang on and Minny loses (they are down 9-1), they will only be 8 GBs back of a WC chasing Minny.

3 more vs Boston. And then 3 vs Minny starting on Friday.

If they can get down to 6 GB by Friday, that Twins series might be interesting if they can sweep.

I prefer the tank but that isn’t happening, so I’ll take a very unlikely run if possible especially with Bo and Romano expected to be back in September.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The Blue Jays have no chance of even really getting close to a Wild Card spot but I’m enjoying seeing them try.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Jays are playing good baseball. Doing the little things correctly, getting big hits, hitting the ball hard, and the pitching is doing well.

Been impressed by the baserunning as well.
It feels like everyone has been contributing since the deadline. Other than Schneider, everyone has had a solid hot streak or a couple big moments.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
So if game one stats are kinda retroactive, does some poor stat schlep have to adjust every Jay and Boston players stats for every game between game one and game two?
I guess so.
Also cool that two Jays bent the time space continuum and moved their debuts back and forward simultaneously and managed to have two each.

Reactions: Discoverer

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Good, f*** Boston! Sorry, but I am not cheering for the Red Sox just because Jano is playing for them now. Couldn't care less. Let's bury them further tonight!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad