Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v4 |Mon, Jun 17 | vs BOS | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Pivetta vs Kikuchi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Man we need a lefty masher so bad wasting talented pitching roster here. Hopefully we can take the series tomorrow and get to 500.
Shocking we’re only 2 games behind a WC spot. By the trade deadline this team badly needs to add a bat and some BP help. Even tonight we barely scraped by with a 3-0 win. This team just struggles terribly offensively. If Atkins decides to get off his ass and do something eventually it’s gotta be a masher

Reactions: Killer Orcas

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Really like what I have seen from Horwitz. Almost like he should have been up a lot earlier.
These things can be tough. He looked good last year when he got called up too, then he faded hard. Giving him a couple months in Buffalo seems pretty reasonable.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
These things can be tough. He looked good last year when he got called up too, then he faded hard. Giving him a couple months in Buffalo seems pretty reasonable.
Starting the year in Buffalo made sense but I think they could have called him up a few weeks ago. Although, I am stat watching and not actually watching the games.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I'd probably be comfortable with 4 years on the expectation that you might end up eating a bad year at the end of the deal. He's 32 right now and while he only has about 700 IP in his MLB career, he also has close to 1200 IP from his time in NPB (though he wasn't like some crazy Daisuke Matsuzaka overwork candidate, having an average of like 25 starts and 160-170 innings per NPB season. His 2023 with the Jays was the second highest inning total in a season after only his last year with Seibu before joining the Mariners.) so I'm not sure I'd want to commit like 5-7 years on him since he is a velo guy and not a crafty, Maddux-esque control pitcher who stands a better chance of aging well.

That probably wouldn't be enough though. Some team is going to figure he'll pitch fine until he's 37-38 and give him 6 years.
That's my issue is I don't know that I'd want to go over 3. His market is going to be very interesting.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
That's my issue is I don't know that I'd want to go over 3. His market is going to be very interesting.
Looking at comparables from last offseason, I think 2 years is most likely, 3 is possible, and there's basically no chance he gets more than that unless he's happy for a longer-term deal at a much lower AAV.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I thought it was well said yesterday during the broadcast Joe looked at the Milwaukee division and mentioned teams in Milwaukees division were mediocre. Most teams were 3/4 game under .500 lol similar to our record. We are only one under but still well said. We are mediocre.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Haven’t watched a lot of baseball so far this year so I’m just noticing the strike zone. Ox being in the tv the entire time? It makes me not even want to watch the game…..

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Nice attempt at a comeback but Pop, Kirk, and Mayza made sure we lost this game. Special recognition has to go to Springer and his .197 batting average not putting the ball in play in the 9th.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I feel bad for you guys paying to watch that crap all season long at Rogers .. omg i went to 1 game and felt i was getting ripped off huge .. Ed sell da team man and be quick about it

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Two baserunners after the 1st inning Schneider HR until the 9th inning, and no one reached 2nd base. I know the bullpen blew the game open, but the offense sucked yet again.

Can't wait to see them vs Cleveland's worst starters (Allen & Carrasco) this weekend

Reactions: Cleetus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad