Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v4 |Mon, Jun 17 | vs BOS | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Pivetta vs Kikuchi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Moreno can actually run, and isnt an instant out on the bases. He's still young where he can develop better. Kirk is what he is now, and will get worse as his body breaks down because of his weight.
Kirk at 25: He is what he is
Moreno at 24: Young with room to develop

I mean... sure, if that's how you feel.

Moreno can run compared to Kirk, but let's not pretend it's a strength... he has the same sprint speed and baserunning value this year as Vlad. He's pretty bad on the bases.

We keep talking about Kirk breaking down, and it might happen at some point, but he somehow keeps getting better defensively, so I'll worry about his ability to catch when there's a sign that it's changing. He was already elite, and now he's throwing guys out, too.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Huge pickoff by Berrios, next pitch he gives up a homer. at least its 1-1.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Is it me, or did Vladdy totally dog it up the line on the final play?

Why does he so often do that? Last play of the game, hustle and maybe you force an error.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Can we at least change up the hitting coaches or something? This offense is way too inconsistent and there isn't much power to their game.

Seattle made changes to their offensive staff when they were in first place in the division. We don't have anything to lose at this point.

What does Don Mattingly even do? I am disappointed, isn't he supposed to coordinate the offence?

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Can we at least change up the hitting coaches or something? This offense is way too inconsistent and there isn't much power to their game.

Seattle made changes to their offensive staff when they were in first place in the division. We don't have anything to lose at this point.
Something needed to be done in the off-season because many of us predicted that not enough changes were made to improve a pretty poor offence from last season. I've been a Jays fan since 1977 when I was at the CNE on a cold, snowy day for their first game. I couldn't recall an offence that was as anemic and inconsistent as this one. Their appears to be a lack of consistent production like none that I have seen in a long time. So I did some searching on baseball-reference.com. Here are some stats that are revealing:

-They have scored 3.91 runs per game thus far, the lowest since 1981.
-Their batting average is .232, lowest since 1981.
-Their OPS is .676, lowest since 1981.
-They are projected to have 599 RBI, lowest since, you guessed it 1981.
-They are projected to have 135 home runs, lowest since 2008.

Bear in mind these don't include shortened seasons like 1994 (lockout) and 2020 (pandemic). Nevertheless, this offence is really underperforming. One thing is clear, Atkins has failed to provide what is needed to improve. The minimum he could have done was get rid of the hitting coaches.

• Wow
Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I think they also said on the post game show that the Jays scored 1 or 0 runs in 15 games this season. Thats nuts.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Kikuchi escapes bases loaded, but he better get his shit together or it's gonna be a short outing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad