Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v4 |Mon, Jun 17 | vs BOS | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Pivetta vs Kikuchi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I thought the easiest decision Schneider had early on was to put Babe in the lineup every day. then it should have been easy to see he should have been hitting at the sharp end of the lineup.. slow to make the move both times. No way to tell for sure of it cost us any wins but it certainly didn't lead to any wins.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
He looks like he could use a fake IL stint.

Optioned to Buffalo to bring Green back.

Thanks. I kinda figured that from context but it's good to know I wasn't reading too much into it. and it makes sense. He's been garbo all season and needs to get his head on straight again.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
WTF they are rolling out the tarp. Just call the god damn game.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I thought that the home team would have to bat and complete the inning, I guess not

I think during an earlier game with a rain delay Dan and Buck/Joe discussed that the umpires give the home team manager more of a say on whether or not to try and hold on to resume a game or call it. (IIRC in that game, in Kansas City?, the Jays were losing so it was like an eye-roll and "of course" when the team (Royals?) voted to just pull the plug because it meant they got an easy win with no possibility of a Toronto rally) So it's possible the White Sox asked to wait and see if they can get their B9th inning in to stage a comeback rather than waving the white flag..

Reactions: red devil

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Based on the rules on mlb they can call the game as the Jays were already leading before the inning they called a rain a delay.

The rules below remained in place.

If a regulation game is terminated early due to weather, the results are considered final if the home team is leading. If the home team is trailing, the results are considered final if the game is not in the midst of an inning when the visiting team has taken the lead.

Reactions: MK78
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad