Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v4 |Mon, Jun 17 | vs BOS | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Pivetta vs Kikuchi

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I don't want to defend Bichette he's having a terrible year but when your lineup doesn't have any threat in it then it's much easier to throw balls and bad pitches with a count of 2-0. Again i don't want to defend Vlad and BO they have been terrible but i mean if i was a pitcher i would be very comfortable throwing around them without any fear of anyone behind them giving me troubles. The extreme worse case scenario is i walk them and a guy behind gets a single or a sacrifice fly and i give 1 point. If i'm a good pitcher on a good day that's about as bad as it can get. So i would throw around them for sure.
First of all Vlad has not been terrible.

Bo can’t be chasing shitty pitches.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Allen is a guy the Jays would usually eat for breakfast with their right handed power. Now they can hardly muster a hit. It's a pitiful effort.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
When two Buffalo Boys combine for the only 3 hits and the only 1 run, it's a sad, sad state of affairs.

Allen is a shitty pitcher and the Jays only have one hit
Jays have a knack for making rookies or mediocre pitchers look like allstars the past couple seasons.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
On the positive side, Vogelbach is finally DfA’ed. on the negative, Springer, Turner, Kiermaier, and Kirk are still on the team.

If you can’t hit Logan Allen, you re sure as hell are not going to hit that bullpen. Pathetic approach by Vladdy, Bichette, Jansen our alleged best hitters on the team. Good job by the Buffalo boys.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
On the positive side, Vogelbach is finally DfA’ed. on the negative, Springer, Turner, Kiermaier, and Kirk are still on the team.
Yeah honest to god i dont know what took so long.

But to be honest Vogelbach and Biggio were not the reason this team stinks offensively.

But they should have never signed Vogelbach, and should have moved away from Biggio in the offseason to pursue a real bat.

Gee i wonder what Teo is hitting.... oh yeah 17 homers, 50rbi, 841 ops....

17 homers, that's more than Vladdy, Bo & Springer combined. Let that sink in ATKINS.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Lol are they seriously not going to make any changes to the hitting coaches? This approach clearly isn't working and I'm not sure what else can salvage the season

They haven't won a series against a team over 500 since mid-April, and there aren't any awful teams coming up on the schedule.
Should have happened in the offseason and this season is getting close to the halfway mark and nothing. It's bizarre.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Better catcher you mean? Kirk can't be the #1, he has shown it when he's had to fill in for Jansen while injured.
It's possible they can improve the team by downgrading at catcher from Jansen to Kirk, but the Jansen money would need to go towards a very elite player i.e Soto or at least a .850-.900 ops bat. That said, I'm good with bringing back Jansen. Finding a better player than Jansen to give the money to will be hard.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
This is painful to watch.

Guy with a 92 mph fastball and a 5.60 ERA blowing it past Jays hitters because they’re sitting breaking ball.

And Gausman getting pounded.

The hitting coach's are absolutely horrid, same problem last year. We went from one extreme of being a big ball team with suspect defence to being a defence biased team with suspect hitting .... Hitting sucks, bullpen sucks, our farm system sucks and the Shatkins train keeps a rollin'

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
The hitting coach's are absolutely horrid, same problem last year. We went from one extreme of being a big ball team with suspect defence to being a defence biased team with suspect hitting .... Hitting sucks, bullpen sucks, our farm system sucks and the Shatkins train keeps a rollin'
What I don't get is how in 2021/2022 the team was excellent offensively. Even in 2020 when the team was still rebuilding the team was pretty good offensively. Those teams were built by the same management group today. Now, the Jays are one of the worst offensive teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad