GDT: 2024 Training/Rookie Camp/Preseason Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Ant chance uens or Alscher become a 6th/7th dman? Noticed alscher got way more icetime (4 minutes more for total of 24) than any other panther player today.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
I love Sam Bennett, but I am not convinced his contract offers will be quite what you guys think his contract offers will be. His production through his career has not been impressive, he takes penalties, he is frequently injured, and he's not considered a 1C.

I think team's will easily throw 7x7 at him, probably more with the cap going up again next year. He's producing around 55 point pace in the regular season even though he misses games. But keeps up the production in the playoffs and is literally the boogeyman that teams are afraid of and can change a series on his own. That kind of stuff is invaluable. I just hope if he doesn't stay he goes to West and way out of here.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Why does Maurice play the second string in preseason? A couple of reasons I can think of.

To find a gem or two. To solidify someone.

And to justify to the owners why Barky and Tkachuk and Reino make the big bucks.

• Haha
Reactions: BabyBennettov

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Maybe Seattle just sucks but Monty looking great there. I think we'll miss him.

I don't think he'll match his career high 73pts again but the ppl who expect Boqvist to replace Monty's production while being slightly worse in the d-zone are fooling themselves. Montour showed that he's a great player during the Cats' 2023 playoff campaign.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Ant chance uens or Alscher become a 6th/7th dman? Noticed alscher got way more icetime (4 minutes more for total of 24) than any other panther player today.

I think Alscher will be good. He has size, and actually uses it. Plus he hasn't even really filled in yet. Hovorka might be good , I have to see more of him though. He needs to take a page out of Alscher 's book. He has a massive frame though and skates well with it. We could have a huge, mobile defense in a couple years if Mikkola sticks around with Alscher, Hovorka, Shuravin, Wikman, Nause. Not all of them will make it, but some probably will.

Black's agility was pretty good. Not bad for a 6'8" Ogre.

The potential is intriguing, but I think he has a ways to go. I'll be excited to follow his progress in Charlotte this year.

• Haha
Reactions: BabyBennettov

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Why does Maurice play the second string in preseason? A couple of reasons I can think of.

To find a gem or two. To solidify someone.

And to justify to the owners why Barky and Tkachuk and Reino make the big bucks.

We have an opening on the 3rd line and for now, one on the 4th line too. Also for 2 defense spots. He's giving everyone a chance to show what they got. We're the champs, so we can afford to do it.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I had high hopes for Sourdif. Feels like he's one of those guys who playing his last season in this organization
You think so? I agree that it doesn’t look like he’ll turn out to be an offensive threat like Mackie should but I think he can still become a solid bottom sixer. In the very small viewing of the few games he played last year, he looked responsible defensively which certainly Paul likes.

It’s a drag him and Mackie are injured this preseason.

Reactions: RCGP2

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Teams won't be throwing money at Benny for his scoring in the regular season.

They will be throwing money at him because he's a good defender, his production goes up in the playoffs, he's a champion, he's a dirty f***er AND took out Marchand, and he's a scary f***er to play against.

The last 3 forwards to end game 7 were Reinhart, Lousty, and Benny. And Benny was the one killing the puck with the D

Reactions: Vilam

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Jayce Hawryluk vibes

Obi Wan.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: batting1k

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
I had high hopes for Sourdif. Feels like he's one of those guys who playing his last season in this organization

Just another player who's offensive game isn't strong enough to translate to the nhl and rest of his tools aren't really suited for a bottom six role. These guys are dime a dozen in the end.

Great8Cam

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2008
Just another player who's offensive game isn't strong enough to translate to the nhl and rest of his tools aren't really suited for a bottom six role. These guys are dime a dozen in the end.

Sourdif just didn’t have what it takes from what I saw in the first pre-season games. The regulars looked great and Tubby #5 looked like he may have worked on his skating a little bit.

Great8Cam

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2008
99.9% of the AHL guys should be sent down to Charlotte.

I’m really disappointed in Bjornfot. I thought that he would be able to sick, but he won’t from what I’ve seen so far.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022

I’m really disappointed in Bjornfot. I thought that he would be able to sick, but he won’t from what I’ve seen so far.
Same. Very underwhelming. He's a defensive D to begin with and his defensive game seems nothing special.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

Fortunately for us and unfortunately for Ekblad’s gut, we got him for less than a bag of chips.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad