2024 Training Camp Roster & Schedule

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Is he just not that good on the PP? I'd have expected him to get more points in a year by now. I'm debating over taking him or Faber this year and I have no clue if Seider has that potential offensively.
He's good at it, probably not elite. Gostisbehere was 6th in the league in PPP/60 last season (>100 PP minutes) behind just Fox, Bouchard, Makar, Hughes and Hedman. So that's elite territory. Seider was 15th, so still really good though. Imo his offensive potential is a bit higher than Faber's and I think it's more likely Seider gets PP1 time now that he's competing with Gustafsson.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He's good at it, probably not elite. Gostisbehere was 6th in the league in PPP/60 last season (>100 PP minutes) behind just Fox, Bouchard, Makar, Hughes and Hedman. So that's elite territory. Seider was 15th, so still really good though. Imo his offensive potential is a bit higher than Faber's and I think it's more likely Seider gets PP1 time now that he's competing with Gustafsson.

2nd PP P/60 is never really a good comparable versus those starting 5-man units, because Starting units will start from O.zone faceoffs and 2nd units have to start from own end after a clearing play, and - make a clear zone entry again and that takes time.

If you find a stat which will compare Seider's and Ghost's PP O.zone start shifts P/60 only, then we have a comparable number. Those general numbers aren't good ones. They always favor the starting units, even if the player would be a worse one.

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
2nd PP P/60 is never really a good comparable versus those starting 5-man units, because Starting units will start from O.zone faceoffs and 2nd units have to start from own end after a clearing play, and - make a clear zone entry again and that takes time.

If you find a stat which will compare Seider's and Ghost's PP O.zone start shifts P/60 only, then we have a comparable number. Those general numbers aren't good ones. They always favor the starting units, even if the player would be a worse one.
Well we have Seider's numbers from his first 2 seasons also.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Wasn't Seider on the PP last year? I'm surprised he didn't have more than 40 points if so.

He was PP2 with the following;

DBC (don't know why he was PP2 for so long)-Copp - Fabbri
Compher

He'd soak up very few PP1 minutes. That unit was mostly;

Perron - Larkin - Raymond
Ghost - Kane

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Seider should be on the top pp unit, and shouldn't even really be a debate. Gustafsson had a career high of 18 PP points during Kane's best season, his PP numbers just aren't very good. He's a mid 2nd PP unit guy at best, and not even a PP guy on a good team.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I don't really undestand how we can justify paying a guy 8.5M for 7 years and not evne use him on the top PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad