NFL: 2024 Training Camp and Preseason

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

:popcorn: needed to read the comments..........all these people triggered by more Greeny! :biglaugh: If his hero Aaron stays healthy all season it's going to be quite interesting viewing every Sunday.
No real reason given to letting Ponder go. Figured they go with one of their other hosts in Greenberg or Rutledge. Very few of these hosts are that noticeable where a swap is a big deal. Didn't watch the ESPN pre-game show because I'm west coast time, so in the morning I'm getting my workout in at the gym and just get back in time or within 30 minutes after kickoff. So, only see clips with Ponder. What little I have seen, doesn't come off as a Needle Mover. Again, most hosts are not imo. Greenberg, don't think he will be any different.

Reactions: John Price

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Believe it's still ongoing.

IDK what to believe about Flores the person, and Flores the Head Coach might not be too great either, but Flores the DC managed to take an atrocious Vikings defense that had nothing except Danielle Hunter and an old Harrison Smith and make them look competent last year.
He's a damn good defensive coach. No one will argue otherwise. Most coaches would have been metaphorically buried for what he did in claiming the Dolphins forced him to tank and the discrimination lawsuit, but he got a job very quick after Miami cut ties.

Not sure he's a great person though. Dude tried to mentally break Tua because his ego couldn't stand he didn't get "his" guy instead. And the best he can do is offer a half-assed non apology.

This wasn't coaching. Tua can handle tough love, he played under Saban ffs. This was straight up just being an asshole.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
He's a damn good defensive coach. No one will argue otherwise. Most coaches would have been metaphorically buried for what he did in claiming the Dolphins forced him to tank and the discrimination lawsuit, but he got a job very quick after Miami cut ties.

Not sure he's a great person though. Dude tried to mentally break Tua because his ego couldn't stand he didn't get "his" guy instead. And the best he can do is offer a half-assed non apology.

This wasn't coaching. Tua can handle tough love, he played under Saban ffs. This was straight up just being an asshole.

Good defensive coordinators sometimes aren't good head coaches, some have accepted that. I mean, Wade Phillips has been an HC at different phases in his career and has had some success but his bread and butter has always been a DC. Same goes for Vic Fangio.

Like you said, Tua played for Nick Saban and he was great for his development. Mike McDaniels is also great to Tua as he built the offence around him. Brian Flores was just a miserable prick and an asshole, another Belichick head coach reject who can't understand how to be a good person.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Good defensive coordinators sometimes aren't good head coaches, some have accepted that. I mean, Wade Phillips has been an HC at different phases in his career and has had some success but his bread and butter has always been a DC. Same goes for Vic Fangio.

Like you said, Tua played for Nick Saban and he was great for his development. Mike McDaniels is also great to Tua as he built the offence around him. Brian Flores was just a miserable prick and an asshole, another Belichick head coach reject who can't understand how to be a good person.
Agreed. And it won't help his case against the NFL when this information comes out about how he treated the players. Gives more credence to why other clubs didn't want to even interview him for a HC role.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sucks that Tua had to go through that but he appears to be in a good place now.

Good for Flores owning it and talking about trying to improve as a coach and leader. That was already evident prior to these Tua comments with both how Tomlin and the Steelers players talked about him and most certainly with KOC and the Vikings. I've seen and heard nothing but positives about his Vikings tenure so far. That includes JJ McCarthy talking about how he has meetings with Flores where he helped him read defenses and coverages to better prepare him for the NFL. So maybe he has learned and is improving, especially when it comes to dealing with young players and QBs. The Vikings players absolutely love him and Gilmore and Van Ginkel just joined the Vikings to reunite with him.

I have no idea exactly what happened with the Dolphins or how excessive Flores' "tough love" may have been so I'm certainly not going to defend it but I do wonder how that whole situation played a part. Flores was allegedly asked to tank for Tua during the 2019 season. From then on he's basically coaching for his job while being attached to a young QB, who was nowhere near ready due to that injury he was coming off of. Again, that's not Tua's fault and he may have been ready sooner with better coaching that he wasn't getting from Flores but it was a weird situation.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
No real reason given to letting Ponder go. Figured they go with one of their other hosts in Greenberg or Rutledge. Very few of these hosts are that noticeable where a swap is a big deal. Didn't watch the ESPN pre-game show because I'm west coast time, so in the morning I'm getting my workout in at the gym and just get back in time or within 30 minutes after kickoff. So, only see clips with Ponder. What little I have seen, doesn't come off as a Needle Mover. Again, most hosts are not imo. Greenberg, don't think he will be any different.

College Gameday and the now dead Inside The NBA have been the only watchable sports pre-game shows for at least 10 year now. And Gameday might be in a decline now with the McAfee goofiness and Corso practically a corpse, among other things.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Sucks that Tua had to go through that but he appears to be in a good place now.

Good for Flores owning it and talking about trying to improve as a coach and leader. That was already evident prior to these Tua comments with both how Tomlin and the Steelers players talked about him and most certainly with KOC and the Vikings. I've seen and heard nothing but positives about his Vikings tenure so far. That includes JJ McCarthy talking about how he has meetings with Flores where he helped him read defenses and coverages to better prepare him for the NFL. So maybe he has learned and is improving, especially when it comes to dealing with young players and QBs. The Vikings players absolutely love him and Gilmore and Van Ginkel just joined the Vikings to reunite with him.

I have no idea exactly what happened with the Dolphins or how excessive Flores' "tough love" may have been so I'm certainly not going to defend it but I do wonder how that whole situation played a part. Flores was allegedly asked to tank for Tua during the 2019 season. From then on he's basically coaching for his job while being attached to a young QB, who was nowhere near ready due to that injury he was coming off of. Again, that's not Tua's fault and he may have been ready sooner with better coaching that he wasn't getting from Flores but it was a weird situation.

Brian Flores is a good defensive coordinator, I'll give him that but as for being a future head coach? Doubt it.

Not a good leader of men, plus being a Belichick former assistant head coach? Yeah, double whammy. With Bill no longer in the league coaching, no one will give former Patriot coaches their 'wisdom of coaching'. Josh McBITCHASS was the last straw and their poor coaching record for damn near 15 years? Yeah, stick to being coordinators.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

:popcorn: needed to read the comments..........all these people triggered by more Greeny! :biglaugh: If his hero Aaron stays healthy all season it's going to be quite interesting viewing every Sunday.

I always enjoy Greenberg

Used to enjoy Mike & Mike, It was one of ESPN better offerings and it sucks it went away

Never understood the hate for Greenberg

Also watching his suffering as a Jet fan, I can understand as a Bear fan

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I always enjoy Greenberg

Used to enjoy Mike & Mike, It was one of ESPN better offerings and it sucks it went away

Never understood the hate for Greenberg

Also watching his suffering as a Jet fan, I can understand as a Bear fan
I'm sure he will be fine. he's hosted his morning panel show for a few years now that he knows how to get the analysts involved. I don't watch their shows, only see clips of segments online, but I don't think there is that much difference between Greenberg, Ponder, Rutledge, or anyone from ESPN that could host the show.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
What did CHEF RUSS do this time? As for Watson, he does a mean air guitar besides getting injured.

Something about Russ. Everyone on the morning sports panels was going at Russ this morning for saying there is zero urgency and to not worry with the Steelers.

This is what pissed people off in Denver.
Yes I know it is the preseason

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Something about Russ. Everyone on the morning sports panels was going at Russ this morning for saying there is zero urgency and to not worry with the Steelers.

This is what pissed people off in Denver.
Yes I know it is the preseason

Chef Russ is getting paid by Denver to go away, I don’t know how he will play in Pittsburgh.

Honestly, Mike Tomlin has to do his best to fix his QB situation.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Chef Russ is getting paid by Denver to go away, I don’t know how he will play in Pittsburgh.

Really falls more on Arthur Smith the OC and also the OL coach. And Russ has to shake off the prior years of getting sacked and not get happy feet. But, after a dozen years he’s probably not going to change that part of his game.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

This dude doesnt seem keen on resurrecting his career to be honest

I thought denver would be a wakeup call.............. but nope, dude is still just casual as ever

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
This dude doesnt seem keen on resurrecting his career to be honest

I thought denver would be a wakeup call.............. but nope, dude is still just casual as ever

Chef Russ probably got a wake up call and determined he ain’t hot shit he thought he was. The AFC is stacked, he ain’t winning no MVP or stat padding.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Several guys trying to make NFL roster making mistakes tonight

Homer just had a pass go right thru his hands that would have been 1st down, instead it was turnover on downs

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Carter is dumb, You put yourself in position to be pushed into ball on punt

Chiefs ball at Bears 9

Some of the dumbest and worst performances from guys on bubble or longshots tonight

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO

Very glad to have Creed sticking around, even if the AAV is higher than I expected. Having the best center in the league to anchor the OL through a nice chunk of Mahomes’ prime is one less thing to worry about.

It is hard to imagine Trey Smith being a Chief past this year, though. Think some team will throw big money at him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Very glad to have Creed sticking around, even if the AAV is higher than I expected. Having the best center in the league to anchor the OL through a nice chunk of Mahomes’ prime is one less thing to worry about.

It is hard to imagine Trey Smith being a Chief past this year, though. Think some team will throw big money at him.
As long as they have Reid as HC and playcaller, I think they will continue to invest in the OL over weapons. That SB loss haunts them with the OT they lost in the Buffalo AFC champ game and were playing with backups against a top D front. Though, I do wonder what happens to their offence when either Kelce's play drops as he ages or if he were to decide to retire in the near future.

And they have Spags as DC to continue to coach up players.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
As long as they have Reid as HC and playcaller, I think they will continue to invest in the OL over weapons. That SB loss haunts them with the OT they lost in the Buffalo AFC champ game and were playing with backups against a top D front. Though, I do wonder what happens to their offence when either Kelce's play drops as he ages or if he were to decide to retire in the near future.

And they have Spags as DC to continue to coach up players.

Losing Eric Bienemy was no big deal, he went to Washington and became ass. Now he’s back on the college level.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad