Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Bernal not even close to ready to grab Gundo spot. Amazing tools just very raw right now. He's 17.

Merino is a great player, should thrive if properly deployed. Hope he plays a lot.
Thanks! Yeah, one of the articles I read talked about the next wave of players breaking out and he was on the list, but I felt he was a bit too young.

Athletic had a great article about why Arsenal wants Merino, and one of the reasons is for set pieces. Supposedly, Merino has crazy good heading statistics and could be deployed both on offence and defence roles. The article also talked about how his passing is pretty poor for a midfielder, but his ability to come in as a late man provides an extra element for an offensive threat—very Xhaka-esque qualities.

Reactions: luiginb

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Athletic had a great article about why Arsenal wants Merino, and one of the reasons is for set pieces. Supposedly, Merino has crazy good heading statistics and could be deployed both on offence and defence roles. The article also talked about how his passing is pretty poor for a midfielder, but his ability to come in as a late man provides an extra element for an offensive threat—very Xhaka-esque qualities.

It didn't occur to me that he and Odegaard have actually played together before, makes me more excited :)

Reactions: S E P H

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Despite a post to the contrary today, Fabrizio Romano is reporting that Barca and Rennes (who were were reportedly one of three suitors) have agreed a deal for Mika Faye. Player travels tomorrow. Kid is an interesting defender and just 12 months ago seemingly came out of nowhere. Curious if he'll play with Rennes and how he'll do.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Bernal not even close to ready to grab Gundo spot. Amazing tools just very raw right now. He's 17.
Casadó looks good to play now with the right partner.

Merino is a great player, should thrive if properly deployed. Hope he plays a lot.

Yeah I can't believe Almería got all that much money. I'm calling it a flop now
I think both can play right now tbh. Neither is going to have the impact Gundogan had but they're also in different positions.

There are rumours today of us getting Pubill in a 5M loan + 12M mandatory buy next year.

This is depending on a sale of Christensen/Eric Garcia. They want to get 20-25M for the sale
Garcia and Christensen aren't interchangeable.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Despite a post to the contrary today, Fabrizio Romano is reporting that Barca and Rennes (who were were reportedly one of three suitors) have agreed a deal for Mika Faye. Player travels tomorrow. Kid is an interesting defender and just 12 months ago seemingly came out of nowhere. Curious if he'll play with Rennes and how he'll do.
Read the same.
Barça apparently getting 12M and 25% on-sale.
Also buy-back for 35M

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Toulouse 23yo Cape Verdian center back Logan Costa to Villarreal for 18 mil. A bit rich, but interesting bet.

Uros Racic who got relegated with Sassuolo last year also goes to the Championship, signing for West Brom on a loan. He's far from the level he showed with Valencia a couple years back, but he's a swiss knife kind of midfielder, he's strong, so I expect him to do well there.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Formerly highly rated Patrick de Paula was loaned by Botafogo to Criciuma. He was bought 2 years ago from Palmeiras for 8 million, but didn't manage to move the needle enough for his new team

Strong rumours of City selling Caicedo to Al Hilal for around 40 million, but it's not a done deal yet.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I think both can play right now tbh. Neither is going to have the impact Gundogan had but they're also in different positions.

Garcia and Christensen aren't interchangeable.

@Vasilevskiy is spot on about Bernal and Casado if preseason and last weekend are anything to go by. Besides, no need to rush Bernal.

I suspect they aren’t as I could see the club selling both. That said, I’d rather we sold Inigo Martinez ahead of Christensen, though it wouldn’t be a sale as we’d likely only just let him go on a free.

Who is that? Or do you mean Cancelo?

Yeah, he means Cancelo.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
According to Marca, but Flick and Deco want to keep Faye at Barca.

Also, per the Christensen/Martinez point I was making earlier, the reality is that they are both on about the same big wage, but there’s much more of a market for Christensen and he’ll actually bring a fee.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
lswwhi2hi7kd1.jpeg

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Marca reporting that Sporting Lisbon want Hector Fort on loan. That would be a big mistake on Barca’s part. Not only do Sporting play a 3-4-3, but they also already have Fresneda who never plays.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Guinea's winger Francois Kamano, who showed some promise for Bordeaux a few years back, stays in Saudi after signing for Cosmin Contra's Damac.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad