Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Players coming out and talking about Barca's financial issues while they spend 60 million on Olmo is kind of hilarious

I'm thankful for him and his year, and he can also say he played for the most beautiful club in world football :d

If age hasn't caught up with him and he keeps his level from last year, city has gotten much closer to another title

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
kinda of degrades the moral credit he got for his comments on not training with the whole bloated squad. at the same time, i do get it
Kind but then you look at the blokes they have as forwards and you’re like wth? Still it’s a joke that they can operate like this and everyone is allowing it. That Felix transfer should be studied.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Kind but then you look at the blokes they have as forwards and you’re like wth? Still it’s a joke that they can operate like this and everyone is allowing it. That Felix transfer should be studied.
Jackson scored 14 goals from open play last year, Nkunku barely touched the field because of injuries. Madueke started scoring with more consistency late in the season. And we obviously got a lot of goals from Palmer.

Jackson has problems (which will hopefully be improved with time), but CF is truly not a need for this team. It only is if you think you need a sexy big name up front.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Jackson scored 14 goals from open play last year, Nkunku barely touched the field because of injuries. Madueke started scoring with more consistency late in the season. And we obviously got a lot of goals from Palmer.

Jackson has problems (which will hopefully be improved with time), but CF is truly not a need for this team. It only is if you think you need a sexy big name up front.
If Chelsea wants CL football they’re gonna need a better 9 than Jackson.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
We finished a few points off fourth last year with a 9 named Jackson and without Nkunku who was expected to be our main goalscorer. Nico is not the problem, not even close.
A lot of that was due to a fluke ending to the season where Chelsea won like 95% of their remaining 8-9 games; I wouldn't think that same sort of success is replicable, especially when the manager who was in charge of that left.

Last edited:
Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
A lot of that was due to a fluke ending to the season where Chelsea won like 95% of their remaining 8-9 games; I wouldn't think that same sort of success is replicable, especially when that manager who was in charge of that left.
And they also lost the heart and soul of the team, in Thiago and Gallagher. Having a healthy Nkunku (big if) and Osimhen on top would make them a top 4 contender though again.

Reactions: Peen and S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
And they also lost the heart and soul of the team, in Thiago and Gallagher. Having a healthy Nkunku (big if) and Osimhen on top would make them a top 4 contender though again.
Yeah, there is a fair argument that they have actually gotten worse compared to last season.

- Unknown manager
- Same defensive line
- Same goalkeepers
- Lost Gallagher
- Lost Silva
- Nkunku (Coming off a huge injury)
- Felix (Who is awful-bad)
- No chemistry (Due to all the players coming in and out)
- None of their youth is improving

+ Osimhen (If they can accomplish that deal)
+ Nkunku (Supremely talented)
+ Neto (Should improve some offence on the wings)

Last edited:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Stuttgart trying to make up for losing Guirassy by loaning El Bilal Toure from Atalanta for 4 mil.

Fulham got Joachim Andersen from Crystal Palace. I didn't see this one coming as I thought he was too important of a player for CP.

Girona getting Yaser Asprilla from Watford for 18 mil. Like the player a lot and think La Liga will be better for his skills than the Championship.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Stuttgart trying to make up for losing Guirassy by loaning El Bilal Toure from Atalanta for 4 mil.

Fulham got Joachim Andersen from Crystal Palace. I didn't see this one coming as I thought he was too important of a player for CP.

Girona getting Yaser Asprilla from Watford for 18 mil. Like the player a lot and think La Liga will be better for his skills than the Championship.
I do not know how Palace are going to cover their backline with a week left in the window. Maybe Branthwaite after getting 100 million for Anderson and Guehi?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- Southampton is going to put in a bid for Ramsdale in the upcoming days. Wolves already put in a loan with a 25 million pound obligation, but I am pretty sure Arsenal will decline that. Ramsdale might not be worth 50 million, but he most definitely is higher than 25 million easily.

- It sounds like Nketiah's move to Nottingham Forest for 30 million pounds is done. It's crazy that a club would pay that for him, but we saw Broja go for the same, so teams are stupid.

- Ornstein says that Arsenal could still activate Nico Williams's release clause before the end of the window. Just let this rumour die, but Ornstein is a top-three source in the world, which is why I am posting it.

- E: Barca are favourites to sign Chiesa.

Last edited:

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
A lot of that was due to a fluke ending to the season where Chelsea won like 95% of their remaining 8-9 games; I wouldn't think that same sort of success is replicable, especially when the manager who was in charge of that left.
We're almost definitely going to be worse than last season, but Jackson is far far far from the reason for that.

Reactions: Blender and luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Palace might be cooking something as they also sold their classic Jordan Ayew to Leicester for almost 6 mil. Not a bad haul for someone who's almost 33.

Sebastian Nanasi from Malmo to Strasbourg for 11 mil. Know nothing about him, but his numbers in the last year are excellent, both in the Swedish league and the UCL qualifiers.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
lswwhi2hi7kd1.jpeg
I'm assuming youth academy includes them buying 16-18 year olds, loaning them for 3-4 years, and then selling them right?

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Former Southampton and Dutch NT central defender Wesley Hoedt is the latest who joins the Saudi revolution, signing for Al-Shabab from Watford.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad