Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Yeah, there is a fair argument that they have actually gotten worse compared to last season.

- Unknown manager
- Same defensive line
- Same goalkeepers
- Lost Gallagher
- Lost Silva
- Nkunku (Coming off a huge injury)
- Felix (Who is awful-bad)
- No chemistry (Due to all the players coming in and out)
- None of their youth is improving

+ Osimhen (If they can accomplish that deal)
+ Nkunku (Supremely talented)
+ Neto (Should improve some offence on the wings)
On top of Nkunku, Fofana, Lavia, & Reece all missed the entire year.

There hasn’t exactly been a lot of core squad turnover from a chemistry perspective. Tosin, Veiga, Jorgensen, Guiu, KDH, & Neto are the changes so far and only one of those guys is a starter. And the coach has knows Tosin and KDH.

Neto is the big plus for me. I was really disappointed we missed out on Olise but Neto’s also very good.

This could go a lot of different ways.

Still a lot of rumored departures for Chelsea this week. Lukaku is finally gone.

Reactions: Blender

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Gyökeres 6 goals in 3 games so far to open the season. I guess we can rule him out as a one hit wonder by now?

Assuming folks thought he was a one season wonder after last season I would imagine they’d maintain that opinion at this point. His most proven level is the Portuguese league and that’s where he’s hit that hat trick today. That said, the answer is probably more nuanced. I think you have to actually watch him, see his goals, see the rest of his game and look at his history because there’s a lot of context there. Just watching the highlights today, his first goal fell to him, second was a penalty. The third though was the one to watch. Receives the ball between the halfway line and goal and left of center. Dribbles at the defender with his right foot and then switches it to his left to get the shot off across goal and in.

For me his numbers are probably a bit inflated, but I’m still very surprised no one has moved for him yet this Summer. I could even see a couple of clubs trying to offload their current high profile strikers and going after him instead.

It all depends on the deal. He has 2 years left at about 12 million per season. If this deal takes him to having 3 years left at 8 million a season it actually helps. It’d help more if he was younger, but if teams we pay 8 million less in the end and have his final year or two when we’re in the Camp Nou then it makes sense. It’d be better if we could just let him go for free, but no one is going to pay him 12 million a year. And you have to remember that. Not easy getting rid of a Lenglet at 12 million a year. Also, don’t forget, that was a Bartomeu contract.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Assuming folks thought he was a one season wonder after last season I would imagine they’d maintain that opinion at this point. His most proven level is the Portuguese league and that’s where he’s hit that hat trick today. That said, the answer is probably more nuanced. I think you have to actually watch him, see his goals, see the rest of his game and look at his history because there’s a lot of context there. Just watching the highlights today, his first goal fell to him, second was a penalty. The third though was the one to watch. Receives the ball between the halfway line and goal and left of center. Dribbles at the defender with his right foot and then switches it to his left to get the shot off across goal and in.

For me his numbers are probably a bit inflated, but I’m still very surprised no one has moved for him yet this Summer. I could even see a couple of clubs trying to offload their current high profile strikers and going after him instead.

It all depends on the deal. He has 2 years left at about 12 million per season. If this deal takes him to having 3 years left at 8 million a season it actually helps. It’d help more if he was younger, but if teams we pay 8 million less in the end and have his final year or two when we’re in the Camp Nou then it makes sense. It’d be better if we could just let him go for free, but no one is going to pay him 12 million a year. And you have to remember that. Not easy getting rid of a Lenglet at 12 million a year. Also, don’t forget, that was a Bartomeu contract.
It helps register Olmo and what who ever they buy next. I just don’t think it’s a good move from the start and compounds extended f***ing Lenglet is salt on the wound. Another unforced error just so Laporta can get his headline in the market. Yeah, it’s a Bart contract but it’s still awful

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
holy crap just sell him.
Considering how players with lesser name recognition or stats have gone for less in this window, I can't really blame United for sticking to their asking price. Though I personally would take that with add-ons on top, would probably help in getting Ugarte faster.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
More reports, now from Spain that Arsenal will trigger Williams release clause by the end of the window. However, he supposedly wants Barcelona next off-season, so we'll see what happens. Maybe Arteta can talk him into joining?

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Liverpool not buying anyone is going to be a bit of a farce. They don't really need anyone, though getting a winger / 6 / central defender would be useful.

They better be doing a 'we only want VVD' so we are going to break the bank type of routine, which I'm ok with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad