Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
19 million contract… by pressure I very much meant minutes. Gavi is coming off a serious injury and Pedri is often injured. Them playing too much is why they are hurt. Essentially Barca is swapping out Gundogan for Olmo and losing 60 million. There’s legitimately no planning. The league has started and Barca is forced to have Ilaky leave on a free to register Olmo. If that was the plan why didn’t they do this earlier? It’s an unforced error.

You quoted me and I replied? Again they signed him and his 19 million dollar contract just 12 months ago. It had a year left in it anyway.

Yup like I said earlier he’s not a right fit. Talented player just doesn’t have the strength for the epl or at least the trust of the coaches.

Pedri is coming off an injury from a challenge. Have his minutes affected him before? Sure, but that’s not all down to the club. Either way, again, Gundogan doesn’t fit into Flick’s setup and he’s on a 19 million contract. We also have Frenkie, Fermin and other players in midfield on top of Pedri and Gavi. No matter how you cut it, getting rid of Gundogan was the right move. We never should have signed him to that sort of contract in the first place and we shouldn’t have him in the team now regardless of the situation, so any complaints about letting him go are misplaced. To the original point, you’ve got people complaining about letting him go and they’re also people complaining about other signings. You can’t have it both ways.

As for swapping Gundogan for Olmo, I won’t disagree with that point, but I’m also not entirely in agreement with that sentiment either. When it comes to Olmo, I wouldn’t have signed him. He chose to leave the club when he was a kid, luxury signing and his injury history is worrisome.

As for the planning, there was planning. That said, I think they’ve done a poor job in the market. However, where I disagree with most Cules’ opinions is that we’ve done poorly in the market more so down to who we haven’t sold than who we haven’t bought. When you were banging on about Nico Williams a few weeks ago, while he was on vacation and nothing was going to be done about his signing anyway, I was talking about the lack of player sales. And to this day it’s still a problem. To be fair, it’s not an easy market, but we should have offloaded Lenglet, Garcia, Martinez, Fati, Ferran, Gundogan, maybe Raphinha, maybe Lewandowski, etc. Some of those players are hard to offload for various reasons, but there was literally no focus on this just a few weeks ago if the press are to be believed. So for me the planning is an issue, but we’re in a position to have to sell to buy, and not that we’re offloading a player who should be offloaded a lot of supporters are complaining.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
The truth is Gundogan is going because these dumb asses cannot get rid of Roque, Lenglet, Fati or Raphinha. He was the best player last year alongside Yamal and it's not even a debate. He would have left next year.

Now we have Olmo and Pedri who both are good for spending half a season injured each and Gavi that comes off an awful injury and should have his minutes very carefully managed. I don't mind playing Fermín more but Gundogan is the last of the old guys that should have left.

Reactions: S E P H

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Burnley keeps hemorrhaging players, after Berge they also sold Anass Zaroury to Lens for 9 mil.

Raoul Bellanova from Torino to Atalanta for 20 mil. It seems like a lot for a rwb, but he's a great one.

Reactions: gary69

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The truth is Gundogan is going because these dumb asses cannot get rid of Roque, Lenglet, Fati or Raphinha. He was the best player last year alongside Yamal and it's not even a debate. He would have left next year.

Now we have Olmo and Pedri who both are good for spending half a season injured each and Gavi that comes off an awful injury and should have his minutes very carefully managed. I don't mind playing Fermín more but Gundogan is the last of the old guys that should have left.
What are your thoughts on Marc Bernal? I keep seeing articles that he's one of the best youth players out there and could grab Gundogan's spot due to how "impressive" he is.

Merino to Arsenal pretty much official.
You were right about Charlie! Arsenal sold Patino to Deportivo La Coruña for one million pounds, but supposedly a large sell-on clause within the deal. Very much dislike that, I would have wanted a buy-back clause instead.

Looking like Merino is done, coming in at 32 million
32 + 5 million of add-ons. That's a pretty good deal when I read reports of his release clause being around 47 to 55 million Euros.

mfilipo3

Jan 13, 2017
Burnley keeps hemorrhaging players, after Berge they also sold Anass Zaroury to Lens for 9 mil.

Raoul Bellanova from Torino to Atalanta for 20 mil. It seems like a lot for a rwb, but he's a great one.
Perfect for Gasperini’s system

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
23 yo Belgian winger Largie Ramazani from Almeria to Leeds for 12 mil. A lot of money for a player who didn't really impress in Spain. He's also one of the shortest players I've recently seen in La Liga, doubt he'll do much in the Championship.

Speaking of overpaying Championship clubs, Norwich just paid 11 mil to Rakow for Ante Crnac, a 20 yo Croatian center forward who didn't really impress for the Poles either.

Sepp van der Berg leaves Liverpool for Brentford for 23+ million. He was good in the Buli last year, Liverpool might end up regretting this.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
There are reports that Arsenal wants to make three more signings. One of those is Merino, the other is Joan Garcia, but the last one is supposedly a forward/winger. Many reports of Chiesa, Lookman, and that bloke from Brighton are on their radar. However, it won't happen until they sell Nketiah, just as the Garcia move won't happen until Ramsdale is sold.

Atalanta wants like 60+ million Euros for Lookman though, PSG can have him at that price.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
What are your thoughts on Marc Bernal? I keep seeing articles that he's one of the best youth players out there and could grab Gundogan's spot due to how "impressive" he is.

32 + 5 million of add-ons. That's a pretty good deal when I read reports of his release clause being around 47 to 55 million Euros.
Bernal not even close to ready to grab Gundo spot. Amazing tools just very raw right now. He's 17.
Casadó looks good to play now with the right partner.

Merino is a great player, should thrive if properly deployed. Hope he plays a lot.

23 yo Belgian winger Largie Ramazani from Almeria to Leeds for 12 mil. A lot of money for a player who didn't really impress in Spain. He's also one of the shortest players I've recently seen in La Liga, doubt he'll do much in the Championship.

Speaking of overpaying Championship clubs, Norwich just paid 11 mil to Rakow for Ante Crnac, a 20 yo Croatian center forward who didn't really impress for the Poles either.

Sepp van der Berg leaves Liverpool for Brentford for 23+ million. He was good in the Buli last year, Liverpool might end up regretting this.
Yeah I can't believe Almería got all that much money. I'm calling it a flop now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad