Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I posted about Fab seemingly being paid to pump Greenwood the other day.....but I am not Alfie, I swear

Fabrizio Romano reportedly offered Danish soccer teams help to promote their transfers in exchange for money.

Additionally, Tipsbladet allegedly has proof that one of Romano’s employers, Memmo, has offered to sell clubs his services. That way, the journalist would boost publicity for upcoming transfers and make clubs pay more.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
This is one of those "I don't care" moments for me.

A modern internet journalist saying one thing or another doesn't really change anything for me - I doubt that any serious scouts, managers or sporting directors go by what Fabrizio Romano says.

Reactions: Gecklund and gary69

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
A modern internet journalist saying one thing or another doesn't really change anything for me - I doubt that any serious scouts, managers or sporting directors go by what Fabrizio Romano says.

People are followers, not leaders. If the #1 transfer person says "4 big clubs are after player X", every other club will look into that player closer, I promise you. And then player X gets a deal where fans say, "How did they get that much?", the prices for other players go up in response, TV prices go up, ticket prices go up....etc. It's financial fraud.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
After getting ransacked by Chelsea, Villarreal needed a new goalkeeper, so they got Luiz Junior from Famalicao, 23 yo Brazilian gk, for 12 mil.

Monaco keeps on with smart purchases, getting PSV's right back Jordan Teze for 10 mil. Great price/quality ratio IMO

Reactions: PanniniClaus

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'd much rather just loan out Hannibal than sell him. At absolute worst a sale with a buyback option.

He hasn't been given much chance at United, but I think he's got a ton of potential.

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Another guy who made a desastrous career choice.
He was a Phenom in the Paris area younger. Yet he chose to move for money and hasn't developed properly nor given the chance at good playing time.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Probably because you didn't watch him at 15. He was a huge phenom. Totally dominant.
That's what people said about Lauri Dalla Valle. Turns out talented teenagers don't always turn out to be stars when they're grown up.

Another guy who made a desastrous career choice.
He was a Phenom in the Paris area younger. Yet he chose to move for money and hasn't developed properly nor given the chance at good playing time.
He's had chances now at multiple clubs while on loan. None of them were impressed enough to try and sign him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That's what people said about Lauri Dalla Valle. Turns out talented teenagers don't always turn out to be stars when they're grown up.

He's had chances now at multiple clubs while on loan. None of them were impressed enough to try and sign him.
Given your understanding of how a youngster develops I get you're a United fan.
But that's not how it works. A young player needs football education and playing time to develop. Thinking two loans is enough is 12 year old thinking.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Given your understanding of how a youngster develops I get you're a United fan.
But that's not how it works. A young player needs football education and playing time to develop. Thinking two loans is enough is 12 year old thinking.
I'm also Finnish and have seen talented youngsters not amounting to anything even while at academies of big teams around Europe.

Also, I'm not saying two loans is enough, I wouldn't mind if he went on another loan. From the pre-season action I was able to watch he really didn't stand out at all so first team minutes are unlikely.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I saw Hannibal two games for United and one here in Spain. He looked overwhelmed..

Former Cagliari star striker Joao Pedro was deemed by Mourinho surplus of requirements at Fener, I wonder if he's going to come back to Sardinia, they need some more attacking help.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I posted about Fab seemingly being paid to pump Greenwood the other day.....but I am not Alfie, I swear

Fabrizio Romano reportedly offered Danish soccer teams help to promote their transfers in exchange for money.

Additionally, Tipsbladet allegedly has proof that one of Romano’s employers, Memmo, has offered to sell clubs his services. That way, the journalist would boost publicity for upcoming transfers and make clubs pay more.

So what

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm also Finnish and have seen talented youngsters not amounting to anything even while at academies of big teams around Europe.

Also, I'm not saying two loans is enough, I wouldn't mind if he went on another loan. From the pre-season action I was able to watch he really didn't stand out at all so first team minutes are unlikely.
I don't think you can compare the best Finnish prospects to the best prospect from the parisian area.
No offense.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It always makes me laugh when I see players sooooooo desperate to join Real Madrid and Barca, and it turns out to be one of the worst career choices they can make.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad