GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Fans aren’t forced to go to games. Nor are they forced to even watch them on TV. I for one at least find the games entertaining. Certainly more entertaining than the garbage we saw under Bergevin.
your right
but you know hab fans are so loyal, live for this team.
I will go to EDM again this year, was hoping to go to MTL this spring just to see, but not now.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The Sabres haven't made the playoffs in 13 years, we haven't made it in 3 years. The Avs made the playoffs one time in a span of 7 years before becoming a consistent playoff team and ultimately a contender. This isn't going to be resolved in 3 years, and signing flawed players like Toffoli/Monahan to outrageous contracts just to get us from being a bottom 5 team to a bottom 12 one isn't solving anything.
7 out of 10 years is pretty pathetic.

I was hoping the streak ended this year but it actively looks like we're back to being the worst team in the league. Noice.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Not one reporter had the guts to ask any tough questions. Gutless.

Fans pay 1000's of dollars a year to fill that arena and are now facing another season where half the home games will be totally meaningless.

They are very lucky this isn't Minnesota or Nashville.
what do you want to be asked? The team is in the middle of a rebuild as we've known for years. They won't turn into contenders overnight while signing shitty players to even worse contracts.

The team is exactly where it should be right now. They're taking things slowly and not rushing anything.

The team's most important players for the future are all under 25. It's fine.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
- We are not trading a prospect for another prospect (sideway move)
- Trades were tried, but didn’t work
- Confortable with our top 6
- Growth to be organic

Unless Hughes as become a smokescreen kind of guy, this is the roster we should have in September.

I'm not expecting many roster changes, but Hughes is absolutely a smokescreen kind of guy (Demidov interest being the most recent example).

Reactions: Gustave

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Love that Hughes is staying the course next year on this day is where we start moving forward let the kids evolve this year and with Demidov in Montreal and hopefully somehow get rid of some of those bad contracts this year future looks good because we have a patient management.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
On the contrary to many here I believe the lack of action is Hughes waiting out teams and is keeping cap space for a trade .
I rather Hughes keep the cap space to unload a bad contract at TDL and steal a 1st or something than waste it on a anchor contract for a vet that won't make us more competitive in the long-term and barely in the short term. No panicking plan B move like Bergevin.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Plenty of action can happen before camps shut down.

No worries about the UFA's the reality is I was only interested in bolstering our weak ass bottom.
I was not expecting anything else.

I get what you’re saying, in an ideal world we would do that.

I still think it’s too early in the rebuild to worry about the bottom 6. Championship caliber teams are built from the top down, bottom 6 players are the easiest to acquire and trade for. Just look how many MB acquired (and trades were haaaard).

You build solid core

Slaf-Suzuki-Demidov
Caufield-Dach-Martone(or any 2025 pick)

Guhle-Mailloux
Hutson-Reinbacher

Than you use picks and UFA to acquire the less expensive components to plug holes.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Not one reporter had the guts to ask any tough questions. Gutless.

Fans pay 1000's of dollars a year to fill that arena and are now facing another season where half the home games will be totally meaningless.

They are very lucky this isn't Minnesota or Nashville.

So they should sign sh*tty players to sh*tty contracts who do not fit the rebuild and block playing time for our prospects....ok lol.

Fans can make their own decision about where they want to spend their money and are not held captive and forced to do so. Take a breath and pop that snot bubble kiddo, you are grossly overacting and don't appear to understand the process at all.

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
7 out of 10 years is pretty pathetic.

I was hoping the streak ended this year but it actively looks like we're back to being the worst team in the league. Noice.
Yes rebuild but there has to be some marked improvement in. The standings soon
Only way I'm ok with bad season is if we get another no.1

Reactions: Mrb1p

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
MTL is the 4th team with the most cap space, I think they are still looking at trades including Laine and Ehlers.
Ehlers is gross. Easy pass on his dumb ass.

Laine probably comes with a sweetener, so maybe him.

Habs should be looking to take on bad contracts with a 1, or 2 left for more assets.

Depending on Trouba, Hughes should get in there and see if they can convince Trouba to waive to come to Montreal, so Montreal gets assets for taking him on. Then they retain on him and get more assets.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Ehlers is gross. Easy pass on his dumb ass.

Laine probably comes with a sweetener, so maybe him.

Habs should be looking to take on bad contracts with a 1, or 2 left for more assets.

Depending on Trouba, Hughes should get in there and see if they can convince Trouba to waive to come to Montreal, so Montreal gets assets for taking him on. Then they retain on him and get more assets.
Laine yes for me.
but it would not surprise me that KH does zip and holds this coin for next year or 12 years from now. lol

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
On the contrary to many here I believe the lack of action is Hughes waiting out teams and is keeping cap space for a trade .
That's how I see it. One of the few teams with cap space with the means to spend it, while championing Monahan-type trades that bring in draft choices or cost-retained vets like Laine or maybe Trouba.

Or cultivating options to send the likes of Gallagher the other way.

Reactions: tazsub3

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Bruins sign Tufte.

Likely takes the same path as Brazeau and becomes a decent bottom 6 player for Boston.

Hopefully in October there have been some trades.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
personally not frustrated at all. HuGO have been clear they're avoiding term and I get it. Dvorak and Armia are gone in a year but Anderson and Gally remain boat anchors.
They cleaned out some clutter with Ylonen, Norlinder,...and I think they still need to rebuild bottom 6.
But as much as I wanted Carrier or Carrick, I wasn't going to give Carrier 6 years and Pezz is essentially Carrick.
I don't think habs are done. I think some trades are coming. They still want grit and a scoring winger for Dach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad