GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
There's so much talk about McGroarty and the Habs it feels like it's going to happen at some point.

I don't know - a 20 year old right wing that was drafted 14th overall sounds good and all but... why won't he report to the Jets? Is it a red flag issue? Is he a problematic kid? Would he do the same here?! And then of course there's the question of cost. I'd assume we'd have to cough up one of our better D prospects - but which one?

I doubt something like Harris and a 2nd gets it done?! Harris, Kidney and a pick!? What would the cost be?

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
And they probably had no interest in Montreal.
Let’s hope that sentiment isn’t shared by the business/ investment community. We may be facing much bigger problems than the trivial concerns surrounding the re-building of a hockey franchise.

Last edited:

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I don't know - a 20 year old right wing that was drafted 14th overall sounds good and all but... why won't he report to the Jets? Is it a red flag issue? Is he a problematic kid? Would he do the same here?! And then of course there's the question of cost. I'd assume we'd have to cough up one of our better D prospects - but which one?

I doubt something like Harris and a 2nd gets it done?! Harris, Kidney and a pick!? What would the cost be?
I would guess two first rounders and an NHL RHD…

Reactions: Habs13

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Is there any new reports or rumours today?
Sadly, no, but figured as much with everyone focused on free agents

He thought he was ready to play in the NHL last year at the end, but the Jets didn't think he was/they were pushing for the best possible playoff spot.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Newhook as a piece? Flames/Panthers 2025 1st?

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

It's the usual "issue" with the premiere NCAA prospect, want to turn pro but don't want to leave college to be buried in the AHL. Meanwhile the team holding his rights isn't eager to open a direct path to the NHL for him because they want to compete now.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Some of us are being too quick to panic for the inactivity on the UFA market (which is absolute dogshit to be honest I mean Marchessault y'all for real??) But I'm pretty sure Dach's winger will come through trade.
It's crazy. Funny part is that for each free agent signing, fans are laughing about the terms or the salary , but are still complaining that we didn't sign a big target .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad