GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
It's crazy to see our fans think the contract to Debrusk is insane with us having Anderson and Gallagher under contract. Debrusk is only 28 next season and has three 25+ goals season in career. The contract is 2 years too long but he's a good player with a playoffs track record.
Shouldn't that make us the expert on bad contracts for second line wingers? Do we want to roll these bad winger contracts over like GICs?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Debrusk is still young. And Marchessault is only making 5 million a year. You are getting him for at least 3 good years. He scored 45 goals last year. The last two are essentialy signing bonuses so you can get the player.

Debrusk is a 40 points guy signed until he's 34. This would be Anderson 2.0.

Marchessault I would have taken for 2 years, not 5.

I swear people are obsessed with us getting dead wood back while we still have a lot.

We have young guys coming in, no reason to butcher the future this summer, we are not going for the Cup in 2024-2025.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
I’m usually pretty patient but after the comments about this being a big summer for them and needing to add offensive firepower, I’m pretty pi$$ed about today. There were at least a dozen options to add a top 6-8 forward to the team and nothing again.

Scraps left.

Playing for MSL is obviously not as alluring as they like to make it seem.

Not much for significant trades typically happen after July 1st either.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Ever since the all star game in Nashville they have had zero issues signing players. It's like they realized it's an awesome city and now they want to go there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad