GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
With the names left, rather not sign anyone honestly. Just run the same line-up again, hope for some progress for our young guy and add another solid prospect in 2025.

Reactions: No More Subban

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Welp... I can definitively see now that Habs will have another tank season being a punching bag most of the nights. Sigh. Plus ca change...

Like seriously. you're sitting on 19M in cap space with more of it coming off books next season. Get a couple of knuckleheads and bench the creampuffs currently occupying the 4th line. FFS!

It's 12:39.

We also have a pretty full roster already so we need to trade away guys to bring some in.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Do not sign anyone not top 6. Please. We don't need depth. We have Anderson, Gally, Armia, Dvorak, Evans. They're not going anywhere and we don't need to jam up the roster even more. Don't sign any UFA. Period.

Man, the frenzy and FOMO of some of you...

Gally, Anderson, Dvo, Evans et Co are not depth... it's desperation. They are horrible, all of them.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Only guy I’m interested on a short term deal is Vladimir Tarasenko. If not stay far away from this madness.

Reactions: Redux91

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Duclair on a short term deal?

In this market he'll probably get term. This doesn't seem like the right time to add a player. Maybe next year when Dvo and Armia and Allen come off of the books...
Hes gone.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Carrier is someone I would've really liked, but...
6 years? Really?

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
As we thought, zero big moves for Montreal and will be another long year which is fine. All the teams around us getting better, Montreal will need another couple years and try to convince a decent player to sign here after next year.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
So many mistakes being made by GMs today.

It's almost as if they have the mentality that they won't be around to have to clean up the mess when these contracts come around to bite these teams in their ass.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It's crazy to see our fans think the contract to Debrusk is insane with us having Anderson and Gallagher under contract. Debrusk is only 28 next season and has three 25+ goals season in career. The contract is 2 years too long but he's a good player with a playoffs track record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad