GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Do not sign anyone not top 6. Please. We don't need depth. We have Anderson, Gally, Armia, Dvorak, Evans. They're not going anywhere and we don't need to jam up the roster even more. Don't sign any UFA. Period.

Man, the frenzy and FOMO of some of you...

Reactions: No More Subban

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
For sure. The Habs are still a year or two away from competing for a playoff spot and that's if all things go well with the youth progressing.

I still hope the team can add a top six player and a good vet on D, though.
I hope so too, but they can try doing that at the deadline. Next year's UFA crop is an abyss though. Their rebuilding plans may go over several bumps.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Which we've been doing for 3 years already. Rebuilding isn't just picks. Getting your young players some support is a part of it as well.
Yeah sure but if you look at all these deals being handed out we can't be paying these type of contracts for vets when they will turn into anchors when we are ready to compete this is Gallagher and Anderson all over again.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Most of these higher tier UFA's wouldn't have likely signed with the Habs anyway but I'm happy that Hughes is staying out of this complete madness. Some of these contracts are ridiculous.

July 1st the day NHL GM's turn into drunken sailors.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I feel like some of these contracts are GM aiming for LTIRetirement deals in a few years.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
And DeBrusk is gone....that was my target top 6.

Now...again...I,m expectin Foegele. Or something like that.
Duclair on a short term deal?

In this market he'll probably get term. This doesn't seem like the right time to add a player. Maybe next year when Dvo and Armia and Allen come off of the books...

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Welp... I can definitively see now that Habs will have another tank season being a punching bag most of the nights. Sigh. Plus ca change...

Like seriously. you're sitting on 19M in cap space with more of it coming off books next season. Get a couple of knuckleheads and bench the creampuffs currently occupying the 4th line. FFS!
Like I said , we drafted like 50 times in the last 5 years , could use some picks to get rid of Dvorak and Anderson and try to improve our third line.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
DeBrusk signed until 34
Tanev signed until 40
Stamkos signed until 38
Carrier signed until 35
Montour signed until 37
Slavin signed until 39
Reinhart signed until 36
Guentzel signed until 36
Kulikov signed until 37
Zadorov signed until 35

These teams all know about aging curves.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad